Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is South Australia the worst state.

Is South Australia the worst state.

Old Aug 16th 2007, 6:08 am
Banned

ozlord is just really niceozlord is just really niceozlord is just really niceozlord is just really niceozlord is just really niceozlord is just really niceozlord is just really niceozlord is just really nice
Default Is South Australia the worst state.

SA's economy is the worst its the only state to be in recession ,while the rest of the country is booming, it has the oldest population in OZ, a boring" city of churches image', few international tourists visit it. Most of the state is ugly desert only good for British nuclear bomb testing, why do people want to immigrate there.
Old Aug 16th 2007, 6:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is South Australia the worst state.

No

Don't believe everything you read, because it's all bullshit
Old Aug 16th 2007, 6:12 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozlord
SA's economy is the worst its the only state to be in recession ,while the rest of the country is booming, it has the oldest population in OZ, a boring" city of churches image', few international tourists visit it. Most of the state is ugly desert only good for British nuclear bomb testing, why do people want to immigrate there.
I've never been there but I believe this to be correct...
Old Aug 16th 2007, 6:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth

Is that in a sort of ' WA is boring, even though I've never been there' kinda way?
Old Aug 16th 2007, 6:19 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
Is that in a sort of ' WA is boring, even though I've never been there' kinda way?
Dont worry Wendy

We still think its going to be a place we will visit ahead of Perth.

Understand the fishing is very good.

Will take Mags and family along telling them we are going to do the great ocean road - wait for them to fall asleep and wake them up in Adelaide
Old Aug 16th 2007, 6:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
Dont worry Wendy

We still think its going to be a place we will visit ahead of Perth.

Understand the fishing is very good.

Will take Mags and family along telling them we are going to do the great ocean road - wait for them to fall asleep and wake them up in Adelaide

The fishing's great, well if you can catch any that is
Old Aug 16th 2007, 6:31 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozlord
SA is the Bogan capital of Australia.

Everyone with get up and go has got up and left to Melbourne or Sydney
Old Aug 16th 2007, 6:33 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

The fishing anywhere near Adelaide is pretty poor.

Unless you have a boat there is not very much to catch.....it is mostly fished out and the geography of the Gulf is not conducive to good shore fishing.

You really ned to travel some distance from Adelaide to find any worthwhile fishing.

The freshwater scene is no better.....it is mostly dominated by carp and english perch which are considered vermin and SA is the only state where fishing is banned on the major impoundments and reservoirs.

If you want good fishing do not move to Adelaide.

G
Old Aug 16th 2007, 7:18 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
I visited for 5 days earlier in the year and have to say it was as bad as id expected, the people that moan about Perth being isolated would be suicidal there. There was just nothing positive about the place, people had tried telling us the Barrossa was so much better than Margaret River they must of seriously been stuck in a time warp, we drove all the way up there and it was just sort of dry and grey and bland everywhere, even the cellar doors at the bigger named wineries were far inferior to what you see in MR.
As for Hahndorf what a complete waste of time that place is, its one small street of a couple of pubs and stack of junk shops, and the flies were absolutely unbeleivable bad enough in Adelaide but in Hahndorf it was disgusting.
I would do everything possible to try and avoid going back there.
I think id even go as far as saying id rather go back to Hobart in preference to Adelaide
Old Aug 16th 2007, 7:39 am
Banned

ozlord is just really niceozlord is just really niceozlord is just really niceozlord is just really niceozlord is just really niceozlord is just really niceozlord is just really niceozlord is just really nice

Originally Posted by steve99
I visited for 5 days earlier in the year and have to say it was as bad as id expected, the people that moan about Perth being isolated would be suicidal there. There was just nothing positive about the place, people had tried telling us the Barrossa was so much better than Margaret River they must of seriously been stuck in a time warp, we drove all the way up there and it was just sort of dry and grey and bland everywhere, even the cellar doors at the bigger named wineries were far inferior to what you see in MR.
As for Hahndorf what a complete waste of time that place is, its one small street of a couple of pubs and stack of junk shops, and the flies were absolutely unbeleivable bad enough in Adelaide but in Hahndorf it was disgusting.
I think id even go as far as saying id rather go back to Hobart in preference to Adelaide
Tasmania has a weak economy like South Australia but atleast Tasmania has great countryside, plenty of forests ,rivers mountains, nice green countryside, snow, spectacular coastline and beaches, great for fishing, walks etc.
Old Aug 16th 2007, 7:47 am
Banned

When l was in Adelaide the big shopping center in the city had all these nets around the balconies to stop the large numbers of people that kept jumping to their deaths, l have never seem them put nets in shopping centers in any other parts of OZ. Adelaide must be a very depressing place to live.
Old Aug 16th 2007, 7:49 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve99
I've never been to Adelaide so cannot comment but I have never met an Aussie who has a good word to say about the place - including people who are from there and I work with a few of them.
Old Aug 16th 2007, 7:51 am
(It's not my real name)

Adelaide defined

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...&defid=2438436

"A city in South Australia which bares a population consisting of racist old people, racist young bogans and racist middle-aged bogans.. Oh, and a couple of normal people who end up moving to Melbourne, Sydney or somewhere in Queensland.

People like living in Adelaide because it's quiet, and you can play bingo and throw things at people who are different to you. Fun!

Bogan 1: Ay, look at that abbo over there. Let's jump him!
Bogan 2: Yeah, that's how we do things in Adelaide!

*After the attack*

Bogan 1: Let's go play bingo, mate."
Old Aug 16th 2007, 7:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I've got deja vous

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=382246

Signed: Old Fart Bogan
Old Aug 16th 2007, 8:02 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

I do love a bash Adelaide thread, means folk are leaving Perth alone

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.