Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Snake bite emergency action

Snake bite emergency action

Old Sep 24th 2010, 12:14 pm
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Snake bite emergency action

Originally Posted by John_R
Hi Mate, I'm not trying to be anal but just don't want people to get the wrong impression with these suction units. And please bear in mind insect bites/stings are different to snake bite.
I reckon this contraption works more effectively.
Old Sep 24th 2010, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

John_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by commonwealth
http://workcubed.files.wordpress.com...fleshlight.jpg

Oooh hellllooooo
Old Sep 24th 2010, 2:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

imranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond repute

http://workcubed.files.wordpress.com...fleshlight.jpg
Old Sep 24th 2010, 2:37 pm
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by imranprogrammer
it is more effective in sucking venoms of the toxic one-eyed snake. other protections include tubes of latex.
Old Sep 24th 2010, 2:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

imranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond repute

it is more effective in sucking venoms of the toxic one-eyed snake. other protections include tubes of latex.

How do latex tubes work for protection?
Old Sep 25th 2010, 1:46 pm
Daffyd Duck

Originally Posted by imranprogrammer

How do latex tubes work for protection?
these latex tubes protect females against the toxic side effects from exposure to the venom. symptoms include a swelling of the belly for nine months and an irritable demeanour.

it also helps protect homosexual men from the venom virus called hiv, but also protects endangered snakes species from being contaminated with toxic "love gravy" which is a combination of lube and s#!t.
Old Sep 28th 2010, 11:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Talking Re: Snake bite emergency action

these latex tubes protect females against the toxic side effects from exposure to the venom. symptoms include a swelling of the belly for nine months and an irritable demeanour.

it also helps protect homosexual men from the venom virus called hiv, but also protects endangered snakes species from being contaminated with toxic "love gravy" which is a combination of lube and s#!t.
You seem to be an addict victim of Snake bite. aren't you?
Old Sep 28th 2010, 11:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
I'd wrap it pretty tight as you ARE trying to restrict blood flow, not like a torniquet where you are totally cutting off blood supply but tight enough to stop the venom moving towards vital organs.

Also if it's a limb that's been bitten, immobilise it.

I'm a St John's senior first aider BTW.
I'm a Country Fire Authority St Johns '****wit' First Aider ie. You do the course once a year, have a go on Resus Annie - 'go on give us a feel!' and then forget it all for next year - apart from a smattering of ABC. In the St Johns book, there is all this stuff about checking for pulse, starting the course of action, then ringing for an ambulance - it's confusing. CFA teaches Level 2 - which might be Basic Life Support, not sure.
I want to do the O2 course.

I've seen Baywatch though so would just expect to employ all that 'Come on, don't give up on me!' and banging on the chest stuff.

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
We were taught the following:

1. Remove all jewellery from bitten limb - arm or leg.

2. Apply bandage as firmly as you would for a sprain as soon as possbile over the bitten area without cleaning the bite site to enable swabs to be taken later for venom identification.

3. Proceed DOWN the end of the limb leaving toes or fingers exposed to enable you to check circulation.

4. Using the second bandage proceed UP the length of the arm - continue until up to the arm pit.

5. Immobilize the limb to prevent any movement - as in if it is the arm, save a part of the bandage and you can tie it to the top part of the leg. If it is the leg, splint it with the other leg.

6. Mark the outside of the bandage at bite site for easy identification of the venom.

Do not wash the bite area, or attempt to 'suck out venom', do not elevate the limb.

There are new bandages out which are patterned in such a way their colouring and marking appears in such a way when correctly applied and tensioned.
Old Sep 28th 2010, 2:11 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
I'm a Country Fire Authority St Johns '****wit' First Aider ie. You do the course once a year, have a go on Resus Annie - 'go on give us a feel!' and then forget it all for next year - apart from a smattering of ABC. In the St Johns book, there is all this stuff about checking for pulse, starting the course of action, then ringing for an ambulance - it's confusing. CFA teaches Level 2 - which might be Basic Life Support, not sure.
I want to do the O2 course.

I've seen Baywatch though so would just expect to employ all that 'Come on, don't give up on me!' and banging on the chest stuff.

There are new bandages out which are patterned in such a way their colouring and marking appears in such a way when correctly applied and tensioned.
Actually now you have come to mention it, we were given different bandages on our snake course than we have in our first aid box at work, they are a different colour, mine are still in the packet as we used theirs on the course for our training.