Reload this Page >

Sick of Australia, Looking for Nice Area in England

Sick of Australia, Looking for Nice Area in England

Old Apr 29th 2003, 8:57 am
Free at last!

Houdini is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Sick of Australia, Looking for Nice Area in England

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Keep taking your medication and keep out of the sun loads of skin cancer in the Uk is there not?

Not much, just heart disease
Old Apr 30th 2003, 12:35 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Houdini
Not much, just heart disease
Well get down under to the land of the junk food and fat bastards its great here they not do give the heart a chance to get diseased its encrusted in fat.
Healthy lifestyle only in your dreams , put another sausage on the Barbie , fries and a coke with that ?

One in five Australians have cardiovascular disease, according to one the country's leading experts on the condition - twice the number of sufferers in the 1970s.

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/...381850257.html

Last edited by pommie bastard; Apr 30th 2003 at 12:46 am.
Old Apr 30th 2003, 8:17 am
Free at last!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by pommie bastard
(Well get down under to the land of the junk food and fat bastards its great here they not do give the heart a chance to get diseased its encrusted in fat.
Healthy lifestyle only in your dreams , put another sausage on the Barbie , fries and a coke with that ?

One in five Australians have cardiovascular disease, according to one the country's leading experts on the condition - twice the number of sufferers in the 1970s.)

I think you'll find that's the case anywhere in the Western world - where there's a fast food outlet.... besides, who cares what the statistics are regarding obesity etc. in any one country - it's up to the individual to look after themselves and not worry about the people around them. I for one couldn't give a toss if the average Joe Bloggs is overweight as long as I know that I'm healthy.

Last edited by Houdini; Apr 30th 2003 at 8:19 am.
Old Apr 30th 2003, 11:52 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

[

I think you'll find that's the case anywhere in the Western world - where there's a fast food outlet.... besides, who cares what the statistics are regarding obesity etc. in any one country - it's up to the individual to look after themselves and not worry about the people around them. I for one couldn't give a toss if the average Joe Bloggs is overweight as long as I know that I'm healthy.

Remind me again who metioned this , attend a few Barbies and do the junk food run every other night as most do here and you will be part of Australias healthy lifestyle.
Every suburb has a Big Macs , Hungery Jacks and 3 diferent fried chicken places plus pizza joints and piss poor chip shops not forgeting Chinese ,Thai and Indian take aways .
This is a mini America without the up sides.

Old May 1st 2003, 8:29 am
Free at last!

Remind me again who metioned this , attend a few Barbies and do the junk food run every other night as most do here and you will be part of Australias healthy lifestyle.
Every suburb has a Big Macs , Hungery Jacks and 3 diferent fried chicken places plus pizza joints and piss poor chip shops not forgeting Chinese ,Thai and Indian take aways .

Have loads of MacDonalds. BK's, KFC's etc. round here too - doesn't mean I feel the need to use them regularly. Besides, with the great outdoor lifestyle one can have in Oz, surely it's easier to burn off a Whopper meal than here when the rain is pouring down.
BTW: Are there up sides to America?
Old May 1st 2003, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

pickletheplacid is an unknown quantity at this point

Be prepared to exchange:
Heat and dust with cold and rain.
Draughts with floods, no sunshine summers, dark winters.
old grubby streets with cold wet, road worked, older grubby streets that you'll sit in for ages due to the backed up traffic.
Australia has become too small with UK has become too small and over crowded.

Remember if you buy a house now you'll be buying at the peak prices so expect to have negative equity next year sometime.

Having said all that if you want to live in:
A city I'd choose Edinburgh.
Big town I'd choose Briton.
Small town I'd choose Salisbury.
Big village I'd chooses one in Cornwall
Small village I'd choose somewhere in Yorkshire.

How much is 'enough money.'

Tell me what exactly your looking for and I'll have a better answer.

pickletheplacid
Old May 2nd 2003, 12:18 am
Banned

Have loads of MacDonalds. BK's, KFC's etc. round here too - doesn't mean I feel the need to use them regularly. Besides, with the great outdoor lifestyle one can have in Oz, surely it's easier to burn off a Whopper meal than here when the rain is pouring down.
BTW: Are there up sides to America?

You are so naive its sad ,you believe it never rains in Australia every ones out playing sport and living on the beach I take it.
The truth is people spend as much time in front of the telly as the UK and there are far more fast food outlets because the demand is greater here .
America has many upsides but this not America , Australia has taken the worst of America and not followed the best.

Old May 2nd 2003, 2:50 am
Banned

Originally posted by pickletheplacid
Be prepared to exchange:
Heat and dust with cold and rain.
Draughts with floods, no sunshine summers, dark winters.
old grubby streets with cold wet, road worked, older grubby streets that you'll sit in for ages due to the backed up traffic.
Australia has become too small with UK has become too small and over crowded.

pickletheplacid
Nice fairly tale any happy endings ? most Aussies I know who holiday in the UK go back as often as they can and love it.
The first thing they say is the weather was great not too warm but fine also they love the countryside and landscape plus the history thats around every corner , some of them even like Poms sad sods.
The cities are over crowded in the UK as they are here but its easy to get out of them and see something different .
Go to the Scottish Islands and highlands or parts of Wales and see no one all day , even parts of Englands are empty of people.

Old May 2nd 2003, 11:32 am
Free at last!

You are so naive its sad ,you believe it never rains in Australia every ones out playing sport and living on the beach I take it.
The truth is people spend as much time in front of the telly as the UK and there are far more fast food outlets because the demand is greater here .
America has many upsides but this not America , Australia has taken the worst of America and not followed the best.

Not naive sonny - lived most of my life in South Africa which I believe has a comparable climate to Oz and when it rains, it doesn't last nearly as long as here in the UK. Besides, summer rain is more fun than constant winter drizzle. When I get to Oz I do intend playing sport and going to the beach because that's the sort of guy I am. As I said in an earlier thread - I don't give a toss about what other people get up to with their lives, as you obviously do, Quote: "every ones out playing sport and living on the beach I take it." Try living a little and get out there and set an example, who knows, maybe more people will follow you and go to the beach instead of sitting down the OB? drinking.

BTW: I thought Aussie TV was crap? Why would I want to spend my time watching it then?
Old May 2nd 2003, 11:53 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Default nowhere fast

I'm not here to slag off either country, England is great on a sunny day. Just don't try going anywhere than the local shops on a friday after 3pm, sunday (same hours) any weekday between 7.30 am till 9 or ESPECIALLY any public holiday. You can bet your bottom dollar, 20 million other people will be there too. Oh and its persisting it down all the may bank holiday too, and its cold and grey and theres not much to do round me local shops! not slagging, just how it is, ho hum
Old May 2nd 2003, 2:34 pm
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light

Nice fairly tale any happy endings ? most Aussies I know who holiday in the UK go back as often as they can and love it.
The first thing they say is the weather was great not too warm but fine also they love the countryside and landscape plus the history thats around every corner , some of them even like Poms sad sods.
The cities are over crowded in the UK as they are here but its easy to get out of them and see something different .
Go to the Scottish Islands and highlands or parts of Wales and see no one all day , even parts of Englands are empty of people.

Hi PB

As a native Scot, I agree that you can go to the Scottish highlands and islands and not see anyone all day. However there is a very good reason for this. It is because of the biting cold wind that you will suffer from 364 days a year. The one day of non-wind (also known as summer) is usually found sometime between May and August.

If you are visiting Scotland, I would reccomend staying to the central belt where the weather is much more plesant,

Mel
Old May 2nd 2003, 7:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stoney is an unknown quantity at this point

When was the last time you came to the UK PB.. you have just described every town centre in the UK (with the exception of hungry jacks)
Old May 2nd 2003, 8:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stoney is an unknown quantity at this point

The first thing they say is the weather was great not too warm but fine also they love the countryside and landscape.

So let me get this right... these Aussies came here on holiday and now think the place is great after spending a few weeks trolling about the tourist places.
YET AGAIN you hypocrit this is exactly what you slag the "dreamers" off for doing but you'll take the aussie dreamers point of view and use it to spread your sad points of view.
Old May 5th 2003, 4:42 am
Banned

Originally posted by Stoney
When was the last time you came to the UK PB.. you have just described every town centre in the UK (with the exception of hungry jacks)
Dream on nearly every suburb here is covered in fast food not just town centres , the first thing a new suburb gets is 4 fast food outlets you have seen nothing yet.
By the way Hungery Jacks is Burger King , shows just how much you know about Australia which is bugger all .

Old May 5th 2003, 4:57 am
Banned

Originally posted by Stoney
So let me get this right... these Aussies came here on holiday and now think the place is great after spending a few weeks trolling about the tourist places.
YET AGAIN you hypocrit this is exactly what you slag the "dreamers" off for doing but you'll take the aussie dreamers point of view
and use it to spread your sad points of view.

I did not say I agree with this opinion or preach as the blow-ins do on this site .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.