Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shortest day V longest day

Shortest day V longest day

Old Jun 21st 2004, 11:59 am
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Hevs

No dishy people yet as play has ceased till the rain stops.. Will keep you updated.

footie x
Old Jun 21st 2004, 12:02 pm
Re mem mem member

loose will become famous soon enough

Ignore 'em Scutter, they're late for their medicine is all.

Re the late nights, I've got to say its one thing I am really going to miss. I love being outside at half 9, 10 o'clock as its finally starting to get dark. As with all things though, it balances out! I'm not going to miss winter, and driving to work in the dark, and going home in the dark!!

Also, my girlfriend rang me fom Darwin last night. She said she was freezing and all her mates were wearing fleeces!! the temp? 18C at 11pm!! I ask you!! I'd have been sat in my shorts and t-shirt!
Old Jun 21st 2004, 12:03 pm
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

Originally posted by bundy
Don't worry, it's just that some of us have been conducting a long and bawdy thread over in The Lounge and it's infected my mind! The keeping the hands warm thing.....

Just ignore me, it's Loose's fault

...sounds like something i should keep out of.

and while i'm here the ceiling in the office has started leaking and water is dripping on to all the electrical sockets.........:scared: i think it's time i moved desks or companies... or even countries for that matter!!
Old Jun 21st 2004, 12:04 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by loose

Re the late nights, I've got to say its one thing I am really going to miss. I love being outside at half 9, 10 o'clock as its finally starting to get dark. As with all things though, it balances out! I'm not going to miss winter, and driving to work in the dark, and going home in the dark!!
That's the bit Mr B can't get used to. The idea of still being able to find your way home from the pub in relative light intrigues him.
Old Jun 21st 2004, 12:05 pm
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

Originally posted by loose
Ignore 'em Scutter, they're late for their medicine is all.
i'm easily confused when it comes to women. lol
Old Jun 21st 2004, 12:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by hevs
Keep me up to date on wimbledon please, anyone dishy getting knocked out etc
Ace Tennis Magazine ran a 'top 10 sexy male and female players' thing last month. To my astonishment, as she does nothing for me, they gave No.1 lady to Daniela Hantuchova - who has just come back after a year or two of anorexia (allegedly)! No.1 male was James Blake, displacing Mark Philippoussis from his top spot the previous year. I'll leave hevs and the ladies to comment on Blake and 'Flip'.

The way the weather looks this week no one will be knocked out and we can look forward to many daylight hours of thunderstorms and high winds.

OzTennis
Old Jun 21st 2004, 12:51 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by OzTennis
I'll leave hevs and the ladies to comment on Blake and 'Flip'.

OzTennis
Is "flip" also known as "the Poo" aswell?? not my type
Old Jun 21st 2004, 1:03 pm
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

Lot of British starters in the Wimbledon Men's...how do you guys rate this Marray fellow anyway?

PS: Hewitt for the men, Myskina for the girls.
Old Jun 21st 2004, 1:05 pm
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

A few Brit girls too, one took a set off Sugiyama, and another is doing fine vs. Nicole Pratt.
Old Jun 21st 2004, 1:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by hevs
Is "flip" also known as "the Poo" aswell?? not my type
Yep, he's known variously as flip, poo and 'The Scud' (serves like one of them missiles), 'stepping out' with Delta Goodrem and is the second tennis hunk to come from Williamstown (tongue firmly in cheek).

True story - a friend of mine coached him for a long time when he was young but his father took over the coaching as he thought he knew best (as father's often do). When Mark and his father were hitting on one of the courts at the club in Williamstown, my friend was coaching some 'old boys' on the court next door. When Mark slackened off his father shouted out so everyone could hear, 'if you don't pull your finger out you'll end up like those losers on the next court'. When flip made the Wimbledon final last year, all the TV stations went down to the club and showed where he came from. They interviewed the same 'old boys' and they recounted the tale.

Sorry, you were saying he wasn't your type.

OzTennis
Old Jun 21st 2004, 1:32 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, he's known variously as flip, poo and 'The Scud' (serves like one of them missiles), 'stepping out' with Delta Goodrem and is the second tennis hunk to come from Williamstown (tongue firmly in cheek).

True story - a friend of mine coached him for a long time when he was young but his father took over the coaching as he thought he knew best (as father's often do). When Mark and his father were hitting on one of the courts at the club in Williamstown, my friend was coaching some 'old boys' on the court next door. When Mark slackened off his father shouted out so everyone could hear, 'if you don't pull your finger out you'll end up like those losers on the next court'. When flip made the Wimbledon final last year, all the TV stations went down to the club and showed where he came from. They interviewed the same 'old boys' and they recounted the tale.

Sorry, you were saying he wasn't your type.

OzTennis

LOL! That's a great story OzT! Teach the Scud for being such a big-noting FIGJAM!
Old Jun 21st 2004, 1:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally posted by Ulujain
Lot of British starters in the Wimbledon Men's...how do you guys rate this Marray fellow anyway?

PS: Hewitt for the men, Myskina for the girls.
Jonathan Marray has played well above his world ranking in the Queen's and Nottingham tournaments because his game is ideally suited to grass courts. He won't do as well on other surfaces but he has a good chance of winning a few rounds at 'Wimbers'. I haven't seen his draw to see who he is up against.

Hewitt doesn't have much chance of winning IMHO. I'd like to be proven wrong but he is just not the player he was when he was world No.1 for 2 years. Like Philippoussis, another player adversely affected by parental advice. Hewitt went downhill when his father advised him to sack Darren Cahill as his coach (because Cahill wanted to bring his wife and new baby on the tour would you believe, father thought he wouldn't give Lleyton 100% attention). Hewitt's loss was Agassi's gain as Cahill extended Andre's career by another couple of years.

The players say 'it is up to Roger who wins'. If Federer is in the mood no one can beat him. Roddick has a good chance as well, particularly if the courts are dampish as they look like being, it will be hard to get back his serve. Myskina has a good chance of winning but she's not as good on grass as on clay (well, she looks good on both but you know what I mean). It is hard to see past Serena Williams for the Ladies, the way is clear with both Belgian girls injured.

OzTennis
Old Jun 21st 2004, 1:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

LOL! That's a great story OzT! Teach the Scud for being such a big-noting FIGJAM!
It's more a reflection on Nick his father.

Incidentally the guy has fought cancer twice, was a bank manager and gave it up to drive taxis at night to further his son's career. He also split up with his wife because he was totally dedicated to Mark as he was rarely at home. He's been through a lot so in a way I do admire him. There weren't many 'dry eyes in the house' at the Davis Cup final last year when they showed Nick crying his eyes out after Mark won the deciding set against Ferrero.

OzTennis
Old Jun 21st 2004, 1:49 pm
She's a bird, you know

It's more a reflection on Nick his father.

Incidentally the guy has fought cancer twice, was a bank manager and gave it up to drive taxis at night to further his son's career. He also split up with his wife because he was totally dedicated to Mark as he was rarely at home. He's been through a lot so in a way I do admire him. There weren't many 'dry eyes in the house' at the Davis Cup final last year when they showed Nick crying his eyes out after Mark won the deciding set against Ferrero.

OzTennis
OK, fair enough, we'll let him off for being a little over zealous in encouraging his son's career! I worry about the pushy parent thing - mine were the total opposite. But then I guess I never reached world level with any of my sports....
Old Jun 21st 2004, 1:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OK, fair enough, we'll let him off for being a little over zealous in encouraging his son's career! I worry about the pushy parent thing - mine were the total opposite. But then I guess I never reached world level with any of my sports....
Yep, a lot of tennis stars had/have 'ugly parents' (as we coaches call them ) Connors, McEnroe, Williams etc, etc. Others had/have the opposite. We met Monica Seles and her father and you couldn't meet a nicer, less pushy parent than her father who sadly died a few years ago from cancer.

Shortest day vs Longest day has been neatly 'threadjacked' to Wimbledon and tennis which suits me fine.

OzTennis

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.