Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shortest day V longest day

Shortest day V longest day

Old Jun 21st 2004, 9:01 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shortest day V longest day

The following site might be of interest:
http://www.ga.gov.au/nmd/geodesy/astro/sunrise.jsp

Jeremy

Originally posted by hevs
For many of us on here its our first shortest day in june

I was just wondering how early darkness falls in various states in deep mid winter It might be of interest to the poms too

PS. just to cheer those of us on the darkside up, it gets 2 mins lighter a day as of tomorrow

PPS. its a chance for you others to be smug and tell us how light it is (and warm) overthere
Old Jun 21st 2004, 9:09 am
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

I know nobody cares, but it's been consistently 33-36 degrees C here in Dallas the last few weeks. Expected to go over 100 Fahrenheit by the end of this week.
Old Jun 21st 2004, 9:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not wishing to be pedantic but my Geography teacher used to correct us frequently with 'all days are of equal length, it is the daylight hours and hours of darkness which vary'.

OzTennis (looking forward to exchanging long daylight hours for short daylight hours next Monday)
Old Jun 21st 2004, 9:53 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by hevs
For many of us on here its our first shortest day in june

I was just wondering how early darkness falls in various states in deep mid winter It might be of interest to the poms too

PS. just to cheer those of us on the darkside up, it gets 2 mins lighter a day as of tomorrow

PPS. its a chance for you others to be smug and tell us how light it is (and warm) overthere

Even after 4 years here, Mr B still can't get used to the concept of dusk. In Nundle, it'll be light one minute, pitch black the next. And out there in the sticks, pitch black really is pitch black!

BTW - it's freezing here today! I've had to turn the heating on in my office. In June! What's going on????!!!
Old Jun 21st 2004, 10:30 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by bundy
Even after 4 years here, Mr B still can't get used to the concept of dusk. In Nundle, it'll be light one minute, pitch black the next. And out there in the sticks, pitch black really is pitch black!

BTW - it's freezing here today! I've had to turn the heating on in my office. In June! What's going on????!!!
Wow, what a co-incedence, we turned ours on aswell, its got very cold here

But then, it is winter here

Old Jun 21st 2004, 10:37 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
Wow, what a co-incedence, we turned ours on aswell, its got very cold here

But then, it is winter here

I know. It's madness. A couple of weeks ago it was hitting 30 degrees, and now I've had to pull out all my winter clothes and put the heater on....England
Old Jun 21st 2004, 10:41 am
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

...and there was me thinking we were coming back to uk for a warm at least I can retrieve my winter woolies from MIL's loft where they were stashed in the vain hope that they wouldnt be needed in queensland!!!
Old Jun 21st 2004, 11:33 am
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

yup it's a typical uk summer, freezing cold, dark clouds and it's pississting down.

wish i brought a jumper in to work today, i can't keep my hands warm!
Old Jun 21st 2004, 11:35 am
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Originally posted by mcmercer
...and there was me thinking we were coming back to uk for a warm at least I can retrieve my winter woolies from MIL's loft where they were stashed in the vain hope that they wouldnt be needed in queensland!!!
Hiya Mcmercer,
it's cold and wet here in the UK in Brum, just when I wonna go in the garden & do abit of DIY - Typical!

Now why do I wonna move to somewhare warm

Bye
Mark
Old Jun 21st 2004, 11:35 am
She's a bird, you know

Originally posted by scutterUK
yup it's a typical uk summer, freezing cold, dark clouds and it's pississting down.

wish i brought a jumper in to work today, i can't keep my hands warm!
I've been infected by *that* other thread (now moved to The Lounge) and nearly came up with a rude comment there!

I know what you mean though. It is a bit parky.

One thing I noticed in Oz (well, where we were at least) is that there is none of the drizzle nonsense. When it rains, it rains.
Old Jun 21st 2004, 11:47 am
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Longest day here today, haven`t quite got the heating on but have a jumper on. Cloudy skies, gone is the heatwaves we had last week but not surprised as Wimbledon started today...

footie x
Old Jun 21st 2004, 11:48 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Keep me up to date on wimbledon please, anyone dishy getting knocked out etc
Old Jun 21st 2004, 11:50 am
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

Originally posted by bundy
I've been infected by *that* other thread (now moved to The Lounge) and nearly came up with a rude comment there!

I know what you mean though. It is a bit parky.

One thing I noticed in Oz (well, where we were at least) is that there is none of the drizzle nonsense. When it rains, it rains.
sorry lass... not sure what you're talking about but i hope i didn't offend.
Old Jun 21st 2004, 11:52 am
She's a bird, you know

Don't worry, it's just that some of us have been conducting a long and bawdy thread over in The Lounge and it's infected my mind! The keeping the hands warm thing.....

Just ignore me, it's Loose's fault
Old Jun 21st 2004, 11:53 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

lol!

Yep, all Loose's fault!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.