Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shipping Company - any Recommendation's (or 'beware' suggestions)?

Shipping Company - any Recommendation's (or 'beware' suggestions)?

Old Apr 14th 2010, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

sportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to all
Default Re: Shipping Company - any Recommendation's (or 'beware' suggestions)?

We had Anglo Pacific in today.
The agent had all the patter of a salesman and gave a very detailed account of what to expect. He seemed to advise us to take more than what we itended but when I explained we were sticking to a 2.5k budget he changed his tact a little. He did seem very well qualified and know what he was talking about and even conflicted what my two other companies suggested. He also offered the following range of complementary services to aid our relocation whereas as DB and Pickfords did not:

Great Qantas migrant airfares + 40 kgs baggage allowance
Free job search matching candidates with employers
Claiming a tax rebate on termination of employment
Claiming your national insurance rebate
Opening a bank account before leaving the UK
Converting currency and international money transfers
Free overseas property home-finder service
Arranging kennels and pet transportation

Interesting to know whether the other companies offer the same things
Old Apr 14th 2010, 8:57 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sportsendurance
The agent had all the patter of a salesman and gave a very detailed account of what to expect. He seemed to advise us to take more than what we itended but when I explained we were sticking to a 2.5k budget he changed his tact a little. He did seem very well qualified and know what he was talking about and even conflicted what my two other companies suggested. He also offered the following range of complementary services to aid our relocation whereas as DB and Pickfords did not:

They are very good at the patter........
Old Apr 15th 2010, 7:23 am
BE Enthusiast

itxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of light

Ha ha. We had Douglas over from Anglo and he was good with the patter too.

£2.5k inc insurance. We had similar budget but ended up taking more when we saw the prices of things out in Oz. Don't forget insurance too. Have you started playing their prices off against each other? They always come down. PSS and Anglo basically told us they would match the lowest offer. So there's that too. We saved at least £300 doing that
Old Apr 15th 2010, 7:57 am
Forum Regular

sportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to all

We haven't started to play them against each other yet as we still have 2 agents to see but I expect having some fun doing so.

We may re-shuffle things because we are undecded as to whether we should bother taking the kids bedroom wardrobes, tall boy and draws (xpensive and quite new) because we see that many of the unfurnished houses in Ozz have fitted ones? We may even buy a 3 piece suite over here and take it over although that will increase the price considerably I would imagine. The price of furniture looks expensive and the styles don't impress my OH.
Old Apr 15th 2010, 1:14 pm
Account Closed

myrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of light

We haven't started to play them against each other yet as we still have 2 agents to see but I expect having some fun doing so.

We may re-shuffle things because we are undecded as to whether we should bother taking the kids bedroom wardrobes, tall boy and draws (xpensive and quite new) because we see that many of the unfurnished houses in Ozz have fitted ones? We may even buy a 3 piece suite over here and take it over although that will increase the price considerably I would imagine. The price of furniture looks expensive and the styles don't impress my OH.
I was a little disappointed that 2 out of my 5 couldn't seem to care less whether I went with them or not. They were all the big players too! These two didn't ring me to chase up the sale so they were ruled out straight away. Only one have really gone out of their way to price match and try to get my custom. I'm taking a full 20 ft's worth so thought they would've been keen but no.
Old Apr 15th 2010, 8:17 pm
Just Joined

Mark O is an unknown quantity at this point

We have just recently arrived in Sydney and used Harrow Green in the UK. Service was fantastic as was the service this end with their Partner Grace Removals. There quote was a little more than the other two we had but was worth every penny. Thumbs up from us