Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shipping Company - any Recommendation's (or 'beware' suggestions)?

Shipping Company - any Recommendation's (or 'beware' suggestions)?

Old Apr 8th 2010, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

Gemnic is a jewel in the roughGemnic is a jewel in the roughGemnic is a jewel in the roughGemnic is a jewel in the rough
Default Shipping Company - any Recommendation's (or 'beware' suggestions)?

Can anyone recommend a company to ship a 20ft container from South London to Perth?

Regards

G x
Old Apr 8th 2010, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

tartantopgun has a brilliant futuretartantopgun has a brilliant futuretartantopgun has a brilliant futuretartantopgun has a brilliant futuretartantopgun has a brilliant futuretartantopgun has a brilliant futuretartantopgun has a brilliant future
Default Re: Shipping Company - any Recommendation's (or 'beware' suggestions)?

We used Whites, from Scotland to Perth and sole use 20' was only £3k. They packed us very efficiently and the guys were sound as a pound. Full pack/unpack door to door service. Well recommended.
Old Apr 8th 2010, 6:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light

Just had a good quote from PSS removals. Have read good reviews about them on here.

Make sure they are FIDI members!
Old Apr 8th 2010, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

sportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to all

Please forgive me I don't want to gate crash but can anyone explain whether there are any hidden costs, taxes etc which we need to consider. We have an Anglo Pacific rep calling next Wed to give us a price. Others mentioned on this site have been:
DOREE BONNER
Feedom Shipping
Whites
Pickfords
All Route
McGimpseys
Browns
Old Apr 8th 2010, 11:42 pm
Pie Eater

coolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud of

We used PSS and they were great. Also CROWN was highly recommended.
Old Apr 9th 2010, 7:25 am
BE Enthusiast

itxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of light

Do a search on the forum for reviews of companies. Apparently Donner Bonner and Crown are the best
Old Apr 9th 2010, 7:29 am
Pie Eater

coolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud of

Yeah, of all the estimates we had done, CROWN were by far the most professional. It's worth just getting them in to do an estimate for the freebies they give the kids.
Old Apr 9th 2010, 7:30 am
Forum Regular

Gemnic is a jewel in the roughGemnic is a jewel in the roughGemnic is a jewel in the roughGemnic is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by itxrd
Do a search on the forum for reviews of companies. Apparently Donner Bonner and Crown are the best
I thought that was what I was doing? An I in the wrong forum/place? can you direct me if I shouldn't be asking here please?
Old Apr 9th 2010, 7:31 am
Pie Eater

Originally Posted by Gemnic
I thought that was what I was doing? An I in the wrong forum/place? can you direct me if I shouldn't be asking here please?
you can search the forums using the SEARCH feature. You've simply just created a thread here.
Old Apr 9th 2010, 7:33 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by coolshadows
you can search the forums using the SEARCH feature. You've simply just created a thread here.
Thank you. Will do.
Old Apr 9th 2010, 7:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

I wouldn't use anglo pacific again.
Old Apr 9th 2010, 7:34 am
Pie Eater

Originally Posted by sportsendurance
Please forgive me I don't want to gate crash but can anyone explain whether there are any hidden costs, taxes etc which we need to consider. We have an Anglo Pacific rep calling next Wed to give us a price. Others mentioned on this site have been:
DOREE BONNER
Feedom Shipping
Whites
Pickfords
All Route
McGimpseys
Browns

Possible costs you're not aware of are quarantine inspection fees (and any related fees). Depends if your container is selected for inspection (I think most are). initial inspection usually costs about $400 I think.
Old Apr 9th 2010, 7:36 am
Pie Eater

I would advise to get 3 or 4 estimates (at least) from different companies, and I'd personally suggest getting CROWN and PSS in as two of them (they are very experienced and will give you a lot of information to then ask the others.

I should add that we used PSS and there was a small issue with a broken plinth on a cheap ikea unit that was shipped. As the insurance excess didn't cover it, it wasn't worth claiming. It's worth having a good look at the insurance cover to see if there's any excess and basically whats covered and what's not covered etc...

Last edited by coolshadows; Apr 9th 2010 at 7:40 am.
Old Apr 9th 2010, 8:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Tuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond repute

Have used PSS and would do so again - very professional set up and no problems at all.
Old Apr 9th 2010, 8:19 am
BE Enthusiast

itxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of light

Forgot to say - get at least 4 quotes and then decide on who you like best AND haggle them down. They will all come down on price to get your business.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.