interview!!!!!

Old Apr 3rd 2010, 7:18 pm
Just Joined

cs259cr is on a distinguished road
Default interview!!!!!

I have just found out that I have got an interview for a job in Perth!!! But now i'm nervous as I have never had a telephone interview before and don't know anyone that has. It is to work as a nurse on the ITU of a busy private hospital. Any tips? I would really appreciate any xx
Old Apr 3rd 2010, 8:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

vickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to all
Default Re: interview!!!!!

Just go into the nursing sub-forum and search interview tips, there's loads of posts on it.

Good luck, and out of interest was it an advertised post or did you just send in your cv?

Vicky
Old Apr 3rd 2010, 9:12 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by vickyandrob View Post
Just go into the nursing sub-forum and search interview tips, there's loads of posts on it.

Good luck, and out of interest was it an advertised post or did you just send in your cv?

Vicky
Thanks for your help. I contacted an agency that was advertised in the RCN magazine. They were holding interviews near where I live so I sent my cv off to them. Had an interview, they had already forwarded my details to the hospital and i filled in an app form. One of my work colleagues also found the job on the hospitals website. hope that helps, if you want the numbers then I can forward it to you if you want.
Old Apr 3rd 2010, 10:38 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cs259cr View Post
I have just found out that I have got an interview for a job in Perth!!! But now i'm nervous as I have never had a telephone interview before and don't know anyone that has. It is to work as a nurse on the ITU of a busy private hospital. Any tips? I would really appreciate any xx
The OH had several phone interviews before we came out here - usually very late at night or very early in the morning - if it's early in the morning, make sure to give yourself plenty of time to wake up and shower, have something to eat.

Find out beforehand from your agent the name of the person/people doing the interview and read through your CV before the call. Other than that, its like any interview, do your research on the hospital and role and have a list of questions to ask them

Oh, and good luck!

Last edited by Dreamy; Apr 3rd 2010 at 10:38 pm. Reason: Forgot to wish 'em good luck
Old Apr 15th 2010, 3:26 pm
Just Joined

I had the interview on tues am at 0800 and it lasted 40 mins and 24 hrs later they contacted me to say I have got the job!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy, esp as they are sponsoring me Thanks everyone for all your help xx
Old Apr 15th 2010, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

al_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by cs259cr View Post
I had the interview on tues am at 0800 and it lasted 40 mins and 24 hrs later they contacted me to say I have got the job!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy, esp as they are sponsoring me Thanks everyone for all your help xx
Congrats !!!
Old Apr 15th 2010, 4:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

vickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to all

Congratulations and all the very best in your new life!

vicky
Old Apr 15th 2010, 11:16 pm
Forum Regular

Paula31 is a jewel in the roughPaula31 is a jewel in the roughPaula31 is a jewel in the roughPaula31 is a jewel in the rough

Good luck with everything.