Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Old Sep 16th 2007, 12:37 pm
Just Joined

CandiceM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Hi, my husband and I will be moving to Perth in mid Nov 2007.Can we also we added to your list? We are from SA though, I have battled to find an SA expat site as relevant and up to date as this one.
I don't know where we will be staying as my husbands new company is providing us with a furnished aprtment for the first 4 weeks, and will show us around to look at places to rent.
We are Steve (32) engineer, Candice (27) stay at home mom, and Luke (4)
Old Sep 16th 2007, 1:03 pm
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

The_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by pam0512
Hi guys,

Welcome to Perth........don't worry too much as the weather has been really changeable over the past couple of weeks.......Much better today the sun is shining and it is warm....hope to meet some of you soon at the marina in mindarie, if not this week then def next week....

Love Pam x
Hi Pam,

hope to be going to one of the meets also, but not sure when. Yeah it was a nice day today, strolled on the beach as I'm sure everyone does when they first get here The sun really makes a difference!

We are having a tour tomorrow morning so hope to get to know the area a bit better.

Hows things with you guys?

Old Sep 16th 2007, 1:35 pm
Just Joined

terrington-evans is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The_Effys
Ouch! We are going to WestPac tomorrow, but the Mandurah branch. Not sure about the 100 point thing though, perhaps it would be better to get our WA driving licenses first as John said that was 100 points ID.

Bring your passports/uk driving licenses and the rental agreement John gave you, It should be enough. The WA driving licenses take about a week to come through.

Mark
Old Sep 16th 2007, 1:41 pm
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

The_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by terrington-evans
Bring your passports/uk driving licenses and the rental agreement John gave you, It should be enough. The WA driving licenses take about a week to come through.

Mark
OK Mark, cheers for that, have you got your WA licences yet? John said you don't have to do a theory test anymore. Hope they don't ask us any questions am looking through the Highway Code book now but can't keep my eyes open much longer, don't know whether it is the book, or whether I am tired!

Old Sep 16th 2007, 1:46 pm
Forum Regular

Alfano's is an unknown quantity at this point

hope to be going to one of the meets also, but not sure when. Yeah it was a nice day today, strolled on the beach as I'm sure everyone does when they first get here The sun really makes a difference!

We are having a tour tomorrow morning so hope to get to know the area a bit better.

Hi Guys

Here at last eh!
As soon as the first week of running around like a blue ar$e fly is over , chill out and enjoy it. The sun will be back soon.

Look forward to meeting up with you guys again.

Leeane & Frank

PS - no theory test required dont worry, just a quick eyesight check and payment
Old Sep 16th 2007, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

janet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud of

Ouch! We are going to WestPac tomorrow, but the Mandurah branch. Not sure about the 100 point thing though, perhaps it would be better to get our WA driving licenses first as John said that was 100 points ID.

Hi Chris we just took our passports and that did our 100 point check , well speak this week and get together
jan
Old Sep 16th 2007, 2:02 pm
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

Originally Posted by Alfano's
Hi Guys

Here at last eh!
As soon as the first week of running around like a blue ar$e fly is over , chill out and enjoy it. The sun will be back soon.

Look forward to meeting up with you guys again.

Leeane & Frank

PS - no theory test required dont worry, just a quick eyesight check and payment
Hi Guys, how are you getting on, sent you a PM a while back but I think you had not long been here & everything was probably up in the air a bit

Have you been to any of the meets yet(Perth ones) Remember you from the Northampton meet a while ago Let us know how your getting on & maybe we can meet up one day.

Good to hear from you,

Chris

Old Sep 16th 2007, 2:12 pm
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

Originally Posted by janet66
Hi Chris we just took our passports and that did our 100 point check , well speak this week and get together
jan
Blimey, you didn't waste any time when you arrived, you must have hit the ground running

We did a lot of research before we came, but now we are a bit perplexed as to what to do first I think most of the research was to do with TRA & VISA & not enough AUSTRALIA I have Medicare, Bank ID, Tax File No., Schools, Jobs all spinning round in my head & usually i am a calm, relaxed person, but at the moment I am William Worry Guts

oh well, it'll all get sorted in time

Old Sep 16th 2007, 6:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold

Hi Candice,

I have added you to the list.

HERE IS THE LIST:
Attached Files
Old Sep 16th 2007, 8:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to all

Thanks for adding us to the list, there sure are a lot of people heading to Perth!
Old Sep 16th 2007, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Life is like a box of chocolates......you never know what you're gonna get!! (Fforest Gump!)
pam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant future

Blimey, you didn't waste any time when you arrived, you must have hit the ground running

We did a lot of research before we came, but now we are a bit perplexed as to what to do first I think most of the research was to do with TRA & VISA & not enough AUSTRALIA I have Medicare, Bank ID, Tax File No., Schools, Jobs all spinning round in my head & usually i am a calm, relaxed person, but at the moment I am William Worry Guts

oh well, it'll all get sorted in time

Hi Guys,

Leave medicare for at least a week as they will tell you to leave it that long anyway, seems their system takes a while to receive all the visa info from DIMA. You also have 3 months grace for obtaining your drivers licence so don't worry about that one too much......Where abouts are you staying??

Pam x
Old Sep 17th 2007, 3:19 am
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

Originally Posted by pam0512
Hi Guys,

Leave medicare for at least a week as they will tell you to leave it that long anyway, seems their system takes a while to receive all the visa info from DIMA. You also have 3 months grace for obtaining your drivers licence so don't worry about that one too much......Where abouts are you staying??

Pam x
We are in port Kennedy at the moment but will be moving just over the road to Warnbro some time Saturday, both houses are rentals that John & Eve from Emi-great site let out. We are in other house for 7 weeks & hopefully we would have found an unfurnished rental by the then. Not sure where we'll end up eventually, where we get jobs I suppose

Old Sep 17th 2007, 4:19 am
Just Joined

terrington-evans is an unknown quantity at this point

OK Mark, cheers for that, have you got your WA licences yet? John said you don't have to do a theory test anymore. Hope they don't ask us any questions am looking through the Highway Code book now but can't keep my eyes open much longer, don't know whether it is the book, or whether I am tired!

TFN, Medicare, Driving Licence, bank, long term rental found, new house ordered and been built in Settlers hill (takes about 12 months), 2 weeks on the new job, even found time to visit a couple of local vineyards and the local wildlife park yesterday.
With the Driving Licenses you just do an eyesight test, I also picked up a copy of the rules of the road there as well (Free). I also forgot to mention that they give you a tempory paper license which the bank did except.
You can register for medicare in Rockingham City mall - we did it after a few days and they will send out your cards when you appear in the system - Ours arrived last week.

Mark
Old Sep 17th 2007, 7:04 am
Forum Regular

LisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really nice

Hi

Can you add us to your list too.
Tony(33) maintenance engineer, Lisa (33) stay at home mum, Hayden(3), Kobi(11 mths). Flying out in Jan 08. Headed for Mandurah/Secret Harbour.

Many thanks

Originally Posted by mad.chef
Hi Candice,

I have added you to the list.

HERE IS THE LIST:
Old Sep 17th 2007, 10:03 am
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by LisaT
Hi

Can you add us to your list too.
Tony(33) maintenance engineer, Lisa (33) stay at home mum, Hayden(3), Kobi(11 mths). Flying out in Jan 08. Headed for Mandurah/Secret Harbour.

Many thanks
Hi Lisa,

I have already added you to the list. Can you open it or are you having problems? Click on the link below and you are near the bottom.

Hi all you newby perthies! How are things going? Hope all is well and we cant wait to get there in 2 WEEKS!!!

Sarah

HERE IS THE LIST:
Attached Files

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.