Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Old Sep 5th 2007, 8:34 am
BE Enthusiast

lolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Originally Posted by marvinc
Have read before that you can get 40kg if you have validated your visa or not and can stop over if you go via the US - search for posts by Buzzy Bee
thanks for that will check them out
lisa
Old Sep 5th 2007, 8:36 am
Account Closed

BristolBeary has much to be proud ofBristolBeary has much to be proud ofBristolBeary has much to be proud ofBristolBeary has much to be proud ofBristolBeary has much to be proud ofBristolBeary has much to be proud ofBristolBeary has much to be proud ofBristolBeary has much to be proud ofBristolBeary has much to be proud ofBristolBeary has much to be proud ofBristolBeary has much to be proud of

Hi everyone,
Just thought I would le you know that HIFX have a deal at the moment with Qantas - you get 40kg baggage and the flights were little cheaper than we had paid (but we had already booked so can't change them and don't think we could carry 120kg!!!!)
Thank you for your enquiry into the Qantas Flight offer in association with HiFX. To speak to Qantas and get a quote you will need to:-

· Call Qantas on 0208 600 4328 – and select the option for the HiFX / Westpac flight promotion

· Give them the password - ULURU

A reminder of the benefits

· Special discounts on Qantas one-way economy fares for clients migrating to OZ and NZ

· Additional discounts for children and infants

· First Class baggage allowance of 40kgs per adult

· Flexi tickets allowing date changes free of charge (subject to availability)

Update on us is the shippers are in on the 14th (Allied Pickfords) and we move out on the 1st october. Then fly out on the 13th October.
The nerves are starting to get to me and there is still loads to do. Finding it difficult to get motivated to do it and have a 2 year old to entertain as well!!!!! Will get there in the end
Old Sep 5th 2007, 12:12 pm
Btaz

btazgallacher is on a distinguished road

Hi,

Can we be added to the list please, Linda, customer services - trainer (46) Shaun, Fencer (18) and Samantha , student (15).had our visa validated as we were over in March this year and hoping to move May 2008 after Samantha does her 5th year exams. Not sure yet where we will rent but would prefer somewhere lively like Fremantle as like to be in walking distance from nightlife and social places.

This website is really useful and it will be nice once we are over to meet people and make some friends . Will keep an eye on it .
Old Sep 5th 2007, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

Clara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud of

Hi... can we be added to the list please?
I need all the encouragement I can get at the moment... I am beginning to think I am addicted to BE and I am only reading positive threads. I haven't failed to find the answer to anything yet! Thanks to everyone who takes the time to reply!

Claire 37 Education Manager (HE)
Catrin 12 (looking for a school with a nice uniform in the northern suburbs LOL)

Sold house and hoping to exchange October 07.
No idea when we will be moving to Padbury (living with big Sis for a few weeks!) as I have only just started waiting for my VISA but still hoping to move Feb / March 08.

Thinking positive!
Old Sep 5th 2007, 8:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold

Hi all,

Well the packers came today to start the packing! Well what can I say? Me and David thought we were in a hurricane. I wreckon if we had sat still for long enough we would have been bubble wrapped aswell! HAHAHA!

Be prepared as it is like I have read in a few other posts, whatever they see, they pack! They were just tipping the kids toys from toy tubs into big boxes. I am dreading it at the other end, having to sort it all out.

They will be back tomorrow to pack some more and then the container comes on Friday to be loaded. I just hope it all fits in!

Sarah

HERE IS THE LIST:
Attached Files
Old Sep 5th 2007, 8:54 pm
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

The_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud of

Hi all,

Container came today & all our stuff is now on it's way! I thought a 20ft container looked a bit bigger than that! had to leave some stuff behind but we are not too bothered about it. But they packed a box full of garden stuff that we had kept behind because it needed cleaning & it's also got a x-mas wreath in it! (hope AQIS isn't reading this!)

But at least it's all done now, pheeew!

All the best

Chris & Sharon

Last edited by The_Effys; Sep 5th 2007 at 8:57 pm.
Old Sep 6th 2007, 1:33 am
Forum Regular

pstanton is a jewel in the roughpstanton is a jewel in the roughpstanton is a jewel in the roughpstanton is a jewel in the roughpstanton is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by mad.chef
Hi all,

Well the packers came today to start the packing! Well what can I say? Me and David thought we were in a hurricane. I wreckon if we had sat still for long enough we would have been bubble wrapped aswell! HAHAHA!

Be prepared as it is like I have read in a few other posts, whatever they see, they pack! They were just tipping the kids toys from toy tubs into big boxes. I am dreading it at the other end, having to sort it all out.

They will be back tomorrow to pack some more and then the container comes on Friday to be loaded. I just hope it all fits in!

Sarah

HERE IS THE LIST:
Just getting quotes so out of interest who did you use to ship your things. Good luckPat
Old Sep 8th 2007, 9:37 am
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold

Hello all
we had our things packed over the last few days and its on its way to OZ

have put a few pictures up to look at
Attached Thumbnails Settling in Perth 2007/8 List-dsc00001.jpg   Settling in Perth 2007/8 List-dsc00011.jpg   Settling in Perth 2007/8 List-dsc00019.jpg   Settling in Perth 2007/8 List-dsc00006.jpg   Settling in Perth 2007/8 List-dsc00015.jpg  

Old Sep 8th 2007, 9:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Hello all
we had our things packed over the last few days and its on its way to OZ

have put a few pictures up to look at
and more
Attached Thumbnails Settling in Perth 2007/8 List-dsc00090.jpg   Settling in Perth 2007/8 List-dsc00092.jpg   Settling in Perth 2007/8 List-dsc00116.jpg   Settling in Perth 2007/8 List-dsc00124.jpg   Settling in Perth 2007/8 List-dsc00126.jpg  

Old Sep 8th 2007, 9:46 am
BE Enthusiast

and more
and more it was fun haha not, we had some good people doing the move gave them lots of tea and tripple bacon and sausage sandwichs . all done now on its way. We have got 3 weeks left in the uk
Dave
Attached Thumbnails Settling in Perth 2007/8 List-dsc00103.jpg   Settling in Perth 2007/8 List-dsc00117.jpg   Settling in Perth 2007/8 List-dsc00120.jpg   Settling in Perth 2007/8 List-dsc00121.jpg   Settling in Perth 2007/8 List-dsc00003.jpg  

Old Sep 8th 2007, 9:56 am
BE Enthusiast

and more it was fun haha not, we had some good people doing the move gave them lots of tea and tripple bacon and sausage sandwichs . all done now on its way. We have got 3 weeks left in the uk
Dave
Attached Thumbnails Settling in Perth 2007/8 List-dsc00018.jpg   Settling in Perth 2007/8 List-dsc00021.jpg   Settling in Perth 2007/8 List-dsc00017.jpg   Settling in Perth 2007/8 List-dsc00013.jpg   Settling in Perth 2007/8 List-dsc00022.jpg  

Old Sep 8th 2007, 12:42 pm
Forum Regular

phillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant future

Dave
Like the ramp looks like they where more organised than ours.

phillip
Old Sep 8th 2007, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

phillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by The_Effys
Hi all,

Container came today & all our stuff is now on it's way! I thought a 20ft container looked a bit bigger than that! had to leave some stuff behind but we are not too bothered about it. But they packed a box full of garden stuff that we had kept behind because it needed cleaning & it's also got a x-mas wreath in it! (hope AQIS isn't reading this!)

But at least it's all done now, pheeew!

All the best

Chris & Sharon

Chris, Sharon & kids,

Hope you have a good flight on Monday and a good time in singapore. Will see you in just over a week.

Phillip
Old Sep 8th 2007, 10:00 pm
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

The_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by phillip&sharon
Chris, Sharon & kids,

Hope you have a good flight on Monday and a good time in singapore. Will see you in just over a week.

Phillip
Cheers Guys, Had our leaving party? last night, all very emotional, but a good way to say goodbye to lots of friends at once, lots of people came to see us off so we were wel chuffed, had a great night

All the suitcases(6!) are nearly packed, just some last minute running around to do, we are both shattered but hopefully it is all worth it!

All the best & see you there!

Chris & family

Old Sep 8th 2007, 10:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The_Effys
Cheers Guys, Had our leaving party? last night, all very emotional, but a good way to say goodbye to lots of friends at once, lots of people came to see us off so we were wel chuffed, had a great night

All the suitcases(6!) are nearly packed, just some last minute running around to do, we are both shattered but hopefully it is all worth it!

All the best & see you there!

Chris & family

Good look chris and your family keep the beer cold

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.