Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Old Sep 4th 2007, 6:03 am
Forum Regular

shedseven will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Originally Posted by mad.chef
Hello all
i will be updating the list this week, just got back from our holls and we got the shippers in tomorrow so will be ok at the end of the week
will take some pictures over the next few days just to show you what its like arararararara
Dave

Who are you using? We have used Crown Relo and they are tops. Came in and basically did the lot - everything is boxed up, well impressed tbh. In storage now (free for 6 further weeks and then the stuff gets shipped.
Old Sep 4th 2007, 6:07 am
Forum Regular

charmed will become famous soon enoughcharmed will become famous soon enough

Hi all,

We are going to Perth also but we dont know what area yet. We want somewhere quiet with good schools as education is very important to us. The kids will want a social life soon (ahhhhhhh) so we need to be close to something that they would like.

Richard (34) IT Project Manager Joy (36) Classroom Assistant ,
Jordan (13) charmer, Glen (11) moany

Anyone got any ideas of areas I would be greatful of any assistance.

Looking at houses around 450-500 mark. Hope to be there in November but waiting to sort our life out lol.
Old Sep 4th 2007, 7:30 am
Forum Regular

Jox_co is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Originally Posted by charmed
Hi all,

We are going to Perth also but we dont know what area yet. We want somewhere quiet with good schools as education is very important to us. The kids will want a social life soon (ahhhhhhh) so we need to be close to something that they would like.

Richard (34) IT Project Manager Joy (36) Classroom Assistant ,
Jordan (13) charmer, Glen (11) moany

Anyone got any ideas of areas I would be greatful of any assistance.

Looking at houses around 450-500 mark. Hope to be there in November but waiting to sort our life out lol.

Hi there,

My hubby and I and kids Beth (11) and Katie (9) are hoping to land in Duncraig/Carine area, have heard Carine high school is good. Paul is an electrician and I am a teaching assistant. Have you looked in to jobs for yourself? Only ask as you do a similar job to me??

Jayne
Old Sep 4th 2007, 8:10 am
Forum Regular

Sonja has a spectacular aura aboutSonja has a spectacular aura aboutSonja has a spectacular aura about

Hello all
i will be updating the list this week, just got back from our holls and we got the shippers in tomorrow so will be ok at the end of the week
will take some pictures over the next few days just to show you what its like arararararara
Dave
Mad Chef

Just tred to mail you. But, I don't think it went through. Sorry if you now get this twice. Our furniture goes in two weeks with Anglo, and we wanted to use the same insurance company you posted about a few weeks ago . However, we can not find your posts. Please can you let us know who you are insuring with as it seemed a good deal.

Thanks
Sonja & Gary
Old Sep 4th 2007, 8:29 am
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold

Hi all,

Spent a while updating the list, loads of new people added onto it.

Charmed I will add you on tomorrow when I work out how to start a new page if that is okay?

Sonja the people we are having our insurance through are Letton Percival. They have a website and you can email them.

Are packers are coming tomorrow and we have stuff everywhere! AARGGGH!
I hope it goes smoothly though and we get everything in!

Sarah.

HERE IS THE LIST:
Attached Files
Old Sep 4th 2007, 8:40 am
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold

Hi there,

Managed to add another page on so everyone is now on the list.

Going to sort out my bomb site of a bedroom now (wish me luck).

Sarah.

HERE IS THE LIST:
Attached Files
File Type: doc
Settling In Perth 07,08.doc (204.0 KB, 82 views)
Old Sep 4th 2007, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

Sonja has a spectacular aura aboutSonja has a spectacular aura aboutSonja has a spectacular aura about

Hi there,

Managed to add another page on so everyone is now on the list.

Going to sort out my bomb site of a bedroom now (wish me luck).

Sarah.

HERE IS THE LIST:
Sarah. Thanks for that, it's saved me hours of searching.
Sonja
Old Sep 4th 2007, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

pstanton is a jewel in the roughpstanton is a jewel in the roughpstanton is a jewel in the roughpstanton is a jewel in the roughpstanton is a jewel in the rough

As suggested by The_Effys we are starting a new thread. Anyone going to be settling in Perth in 2007/2008? We would love to hear from new people who maybe not on the other list and those of you already on the list.

Any information people have that they think will be beneficial to others in the same boat is really appreciated, reminds us of all the things we have to get done.

Sarah/Dave
Hello is there room for a middle aged couple heading to Perth on November 2007. We are just hoping to exchange on our Uk property and it has been a nightmare selling, but we have everything crossed this time.
We were in Perth last year but had to return to sell the house. Shipping furniture out now and getting quotes A bit scary. Its is more difficult to meet people when your kids have flown the nest and its just the two of you. Last year every time we were invited out I said yes, just so we could meet people. My husband got used to coming home from the golf club and having to meet new mystery friends.
Let us know where the BBQ is we will be living in Mindarie North Perth.
Thanks Pat and Ted

Last edited by pstanton; Sep 4th 2007 at 8:51 am.
Old Sep 4th 2007, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

charmed will become famous soon enoughcharmed will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Jox_co
Hi there,

My hubby and I and kids Beth (11) and Katie (9) are hoping to land in Duncraig/Carine area, have heard Carine high school is good. Paul is an electrician and I am a teaching assistant. Have you looked in to jobs for yourself? Only ask as you do a similar job to me??

Jayne
Hi Jayne,

Yes I have looked at jobs and I am a level 3 Teaching assistant but in N. Ireland we are called classroom assistant because the teachers put up a fight to get the word teaching removed... (how sad lol) The level 3 is the same in oz but they are just called teachers aids out there. I will have a wee look in the Carine/duncraig area for a nosey.. Thank you for your reply ..
Joy
Old Sep 4th 2007, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

Location: Life is like a box of chocolates......you never know what you're gonna get!! (Fforest Gump!)
pam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by lolylew
really gutted to hear theres a chance we cant stop off anywhere for a week or so

does anyone know any airline that allows 40kg & stopovers for PR's!

our friend just flew to oz on a SIR visa and they was over on thier luggage, and were told they had to pay over £700 baggage excess - they ended up sending it sepaerately and paying £200 and something.

i just know we will have to go for the 40kg and not stop over - dont think i could manage on 20kg!

lisa
Singapore airlines allow double baggage and a stopover.......just send them an e-mail to confirm then you have it in writing when you get to Singapore airport......We had no probs, the check in agent just had to confirm with her supervisor but the e-mail was enough.....

Pam x x
Old Sep 4th 2007, 10:13 am
BE Enthusiast

lolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by pam0512
Singapore airlines allow double baggage and a stopover.......just send them an e-mail to confirm then you have it in writing when you get to Singapore airport......We had no probs, the check in agent just had to confirm with her supervisor but the e-mail was enough.....

Pam x x
really pleased about that - you might aswell fit a week away somewhere nice (as its on your journey) to recharge your batteries after all the stress of moving - before it all starts again i.e finding jobs/schools/houses etc....

thanks for the info
lisa
x
Old Sep 4th 2007, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

Location: Life is like a box of chocolates......you never know what you're gonna get!! (Fforest Gump!)
pam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant future

really pleased about that - you might aswell fit a week away somewhere nice (as its on your journey) to recharge your batteries after all the stress of moving - before it all starts again i.e finding jobs/schools/houses etc....

thanks for the info
lisa
x
where about in Perth are you heading?? We're heading to Mindare in the North......
Old Sep 4th 2007, 6:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

lolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of light

where about in Perth are you heading?? We're heading to Mindare in the North......
hi,
we're heading to mandurah area to the south, hopefully around feb/march next year
lisa
Old Sep 4th 2007, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

pstanton is a jewel in the roughpstanton is a jewel in the roughpstanton is a jewel in the roughpstanton is a jewel in the roughpstanton is a jewel in the rough

Hello we have a home in Mindarie and will be out their from NOvember where abouts are you heading and when. Patricia
Old Sep 4th 2007, 8:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

marvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of light

really gutted to hear theres a chance we cant stop off anywhere for a week or so

does anyone know any airline that allows 40kg & stopovers for PR's!

our friend just flew to oz on a SIR visa and they was over on thier luggage, and were told they had to pay over £700 baggage excess - they ended up sending it sepaerately and paying £200 and something.

i just know we will have to go for the 40kg and not stop over - dont think i could manage on 20kg!

lisa
Have read before that you can get 40kg if you have validated your visa or not and can stop over if you go via the US - search for posts by Buzzy Bee

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.