Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Old Sep 3rd 2007, 4:07 am
Just Joined

burkesdownunder is just really niceburkesdownunder is just really niceburkesdownunder is just really niceburkesdownunder is just really niceburkesdownunder is just really niceburkesdownunder is just really niceburkesdownunder is just really niceburkesdownunder is just really nice
Default Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Hi Issie

We have booked our flights direct with emirates

British Pounds (GBP) £1766.40 for the four of us one way

If you decide to book with them just becareful when doing it on line

I ended up having to email emirates after having booked the flights to change the baggage allowance from 20kg to 40kg not hard to do just a bit of messing about

burkesdownunder
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 4:22 am

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by burkesdownunder
Hi Issie

We have booked our flights direct with emirates

British Pounds (GBP) £1766.40 for the four of us one way

If you decide to book with them just becareful when doing it on line

I ended up having to email emirates after having booked the flights to change the baggage allowance from 20kg to 40kg not hard to do just a bit of messing about

burkesdownunder
Thanks for that......When we priced up it was round about the same price..one way.
Our problem is we have already validated so we will only be entitled to 20 KG anyway
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 6:21 am
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold

Hello all
will sort the list out tonight or tomorrow, just got back off our last Holliday with friends
Dave
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

Sonja has a spectacular aura aboutSonja has a spectacular aura aboutSonja has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by pam0512
Hi all,

We have arrived safe and well. Great to see you at the airport Mark and Helen, so you had no probs with your things going through customs etc....glad for you. We had no probs either.
Arrived at our friends house, bought a car (just got to pay for it!!) visited the cat and dog in HMP Byford!! They are both well and seem to be fine and coping okay. Looking for a rental and school over the next week so fingers crossed we will sort that out soon. OH has 3 job interviews next week so fingers crossed something will come out of that (I need him out of my hair so I can sort everything out!!!) Applied for tax file no, got medicare forms and bank accounts sorted, so we seem to be on track I think......gonna check the checklist to see what else we need to sort out.
Funny thing, we have been here in Joondalup since Tuesday and we've only met 5 Aussies!!!everyone else was British, it really is quite strange

Anyway, good luck to those of you coming soon. When is the bar-b-que???

Pam x x x
Hi Pam

Pleased you all arrived safe and well, and the boys are happy at HMP.

You seem to be sorting things out and are settling in.

We have seven weeks to go now and counting!

Looking forward to meeting you soon. Keep us updated on how things are going.

Sonja
x
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 1:24 pm
Just Joined

terrington-evans is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by burkesdownunder
Hi

Emirates have 40kg, just be aware that you have to tell them when you are booking the flight that you are emigrating
Read below

The baggage allowance of 20kg in Economy Class is standard across the Emirates network and you also have 7kgs hand luggage for each adult.

For passengers migrating to Australia/New Zealand there is an additional allowance of 20kgs per adult/child (meaning 40kgs in total per adult/child) agreed between British and Australian governments), however it is subject to strict controls:

*It is valid for UK departing passengers holding British passports only.

*The passengers must hold a migration visa (which should be attached in the passengers passport) stating INDEFINITE STAY. The allowance will not be provided for visas marked with 1, 5, 10year etc Business Visa (even though the intention might be to obtain indefinite stay on arrival).

*It is not valid if you have a stopover (i.e. exit the airport) in Dubai or anywhere else on the way.

*Tickets must be one-way (no return date or open returns)

*This allowance does not apply to Business or First Class.

*You must not have entered the country on the visa already.
If you fly Singapore with an unstamped visa and a oneway ticket and no stop overs you get 40kgs each - it is best to email them and they will send you an email back confirmng this and for you to printout and take to the airport with you.
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 1:54 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Great idea....We came 11 months ago, but still interesting to see who's coming and where they are headed.

....also very interesting to see that almost 50% of people are going to Northern suburbs
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 8:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

lolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of light

really gutted to hear theres a chance we cant stop off anywhere for a week or so

does anyone know any airline that allows 40kg & stopovers for PR's!

our friend just flew to oz on a SIR visa and they was over on thier luggage, and were told they had to pay over £700 baggage excess - they ended up sending it sepaerately and paying £200 and something.

i just know we will have to go for the 40kg and not stop over - dont think i could manage on 20kg!

lisa
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 8:50 pm
done and dusted

maverik1979 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lolylew
really gutted to hear theres a chance we cant stop off anywhere for a week or so

our friend just flew to oz on a SIR visa and they was over on thier luggage, and were told they had to pay over £700 baggage excess - they ended up sending it sepaerately and paying £200 and something.

i just know we will have to go for the 40kg and not stop over - dont think i could manage on 20kg!

lisa
dont quote me on this but im fairly sure if you fly to the states you get a 40kg bagage allowance as standard, how about a stop off at disney world?
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 9:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

lolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by maverik1979
dont quote me on this but im fairly sure if you fly to the states you get a 40kg bagage allowance as standard, how about a stop off at disney world?
that sounds a good idea! - worth looking at that option aswell

thanks
lisa
Old Sep 4th 2007, 12:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Wandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud of

Add us too

Claire(34) H&S Officer, Warren(38) General Manager

Halifax to somewhere in the hills with land!

Fly May/June 08

Cx
Old Sep 4th 2007, 1:04 am
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold

lisa

YES! Singapore airlines! We just bought ours and got all the extra allowance confirmed.
Old Sep 4th 2007, 4:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by I_Will_Freckle
YES! Singapore airlines! We just bought ours and got all the extra allowance confirmed.

oh - are you stopping over somewhere aswell?
we were thinking of stopping in singapore for a week and then flying on, did u book it direct/online or via an agent?

lisa
Old Sep 4th 2007, 4:38 am
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold

oh - are you stopping over somewhere aswell?
we were thinking of stopping in singapore for a week and then flying on, did u book it direct/online or via an agent?

lisa
via an agent for the same price as online fare.
Old Sep 4th 2007, 5:15 am
Forum Regular

shedseven will become famous soon enough

ooooo please add us...

Chris (30) Business Analyst, Toni (29) Care Manager, Nathan (6) Pain, Aiden (4) Little Pain

We dunno where to eventually, but we are staying (short term) in Doubleview with my sister for a couple of weeks.

We leave the UK on 22nd October and will be arriving in Australia on 30th November. THIS YEAR

Can't wait... oh is there a meet up as there are loads of people on this list with kids similar ages and hopefully not too many bunny boilers and therefore new friends to aid in the settling.

Thanks

Chris
Old Sep 4th 2007, 6:00 am
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by shedseven
ooooo please add us...

Chris (30) Business Analyst, Toni (29) Care Manager, Nathan (6) Pain, Aiden (4) Little Pain

We dunno where to eventually, but we are staying (short term) in Doubleview with my sister for a couple of weeks.

We leave the UK on 22nd October and will be arriving in Australia on 30th November. THIS YEAR

Can't wait... oh is there a meet up as there are loads of people on this list with kids similar ages and hopefully not too many bunny boilers and therefore new friends to aid in the settling.

Thanks

Chris
Hello all
i will be updating the list this week, just got back from our holls and we got the shippers in tomorrow so will be ok at the end of the week
will take some pictures over the next few days just to show you what its like arararararara
Dave

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.