Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Old Sep 17th 2007, 12:21 am
  #421  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Was Kent now Secret Harbour WA
Posts: 124
phillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant future
Default Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Originally Posted by The_Effys
We are in port Kennedy at the moment but will be moving just over the road to Warnbro some time Saturday, both houses are rentals that John & Eve from Emi-great site let out. We are in other house for 7 weeks & hopefully we would have found an unfurnished rental by the then. Not sure where we'll end up eventually, where we get jobs I suppose

.
Hi, glad to hear you have arrived safely, we too arrived on Friday and thought we had arrived back in the uk (weather!!)

We've been really busy, got over jet lag very well. Sorted out bank accounts, really helpful, get our cards next week. We bought a car today and now sorting out insurance. Tomorrow we'll start looking for a house!

Really looking forward to meeting up with others, sending you a pm about meetup, as we are only round the corner!

sharon, phillip, megan and connor
phillip&sharon is offline  
Old Sep 17th 2007, 1:14 am
  #422  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Mandurah
Posts: 233
LisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really nice
Default Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Thanks

Found us. Doh.

Originally Posted by mad.chef
Hi Lisa,

I have already added you to the list. Can you open it or are you having problems? Click on the link below and you are near the bottom.

Hi all you newby perthies! How are things going? Hope all is well and we cant wait to get there in 2 WEEKS!!!

Sarah

HERE IS THE LIST:
LisaT is offline  
Old Sep 17th 2007, 5:15 am
  #423  
Forum Regular
 
flo&mags's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: Waikiki - WA
Posts: 61
flo&mags is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Originally Posted by claire33
Hi Sarah,

We have been here for 16 months, have settled in Secret Harbour which is just lovely

The move over has been very uneventful (thankfully) and we have all settled in really well, not once have we had any doubts that we have made the right decision, of course for a start its difficult with missing people etc..but it really does get easier.

Oh and another piece of advice make sure you all bring some warm clothes, as it can get a bit chilly in the evenings through the winter.

Claire
Hi, just read that you have been there a while now & happy, we are hopefully coming out in 6-8 months. We have been looking for new furniture - can you recommend any good furniture websites in Oz so we can check out the prices & look of the stuff - petty I know but now sure if we shld bring a nw one with us.
Is it all you thought it would be in Oz? Are u home sick or has it been fun, fun, fun.
Thanks
Flo
flo&mags is offline  
Old Sep 17th 2007, 8:57 pm
  #424  
Forum Regular
 
claire33's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: Secret Harbour
Posts: 194
claire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Originally Posted by flo&mags
Hi, just read that you have been there a while now & happy, we are hopefully coming out in 6-8 months. We have been looking for new furniture - can you recommend any good furniture websites in Oz so we can check out the prices & look of the stuff - petty I know but now sure if we shld bring a nw one with us.
Is it all you thought it would be in Oz? Are u home sick or has it been fun, fun, fun.
Thanks
Flo
Hi Flo,

try this website it has quite a few links to furniture stores http://www.searchperth.com/Furniture/index.html there is also Freedom and Harvey Norman which I am sure will both have websites.

Yes we love it here and it is just as we expected , can't say I have ever been really homesick, I miss people at times but that does get easier.

Claire
claire33 is offline  
Old Sep 17th 2007, 8:59 pm
  #425  
Forum Regular
 
claire33's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: Secret Harbour
Posts: 194
claire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Hi,

For those that have recently arrived just thought that I would let you know that there is a meet up at Kings Park this Sunday, there is a thread called "Secret Harbour Gathering" that has the details.

Maybe see some of you there.

Claire
claire33 is offline  
Old Sep 18th 2007, 8:19 am
  #426  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Tapping,Perth
Posts: 73
Daxver will become famous soon enoughDaxver will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

[QUOTE=mad.chef;5317177]Hi again,

I have added anyone that has asked to the list, could do with some more info though if possible.

Hope all is going well with everyones plans? We move in 2 weeks tomorrow!!! Can't believe it has come round this quick. David went out last night with his cousins to the dogs and actually won some money! Had a party at our house on Friday night and I actually had a drink(haven't had one for years!). Everyone thought I was really funny tipsy.

Starting to panick a bit that I don't forget to pack everything and that we will fit it all in (got 8 suitcases so should be fine!). Just got to carry it all.

Transferred our money last week with HIFX to our Westpac account, just need to make sure it has arrived safely as we can't access internet banking till we get there. Might have to phone them just to make sure.

Anyway, all the best to everyone, see you already there in a few weeks.

Sarah.

Hi Sarah

Dont no if you remember me but we also leave in 2 weeks (well actually down to 13 days nw!!!!!!!!) and are on the same flight as you on the second leg of the journey.

We to have transferred our money through HIFX to our westpac account - great minds think alike!

Cant open the spreadsheet as it appears that the inlaws lap top doesnt have word etc, is there lots of people on it now and has there been any definate plans for our big barbie yet?

Thanks Sarah

Michelle
Daxver is offline  
Old Sep 18th 2007, 11:09 am
  #427  
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!
 
The_Effys's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Milton Keynes then, Secret Harbour now!
Posts: 737
The_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud of
Default Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Hi all, up bright & early this morning(damn jetlag! :curse, Managed to get ID'd for our WestPac bank acccount yesterday, took 10mins as we already had cards sent to us while in the UK, lady said according to her files we had already been ID'd, but she couldn't understand how as we had just got here! But we are not complaining

Had a little drive around Secret Harbour yesterday, very nice area, lots of new homes being built, also had a little tour round Comet Bay Primary School while we were there, very nice & brand new, but we are unfortunately out of their catchment area at the moment Went to the surf shop at SH & found ourselves on the beach again, it is like a magnet & the kids love it! Have booked the kids in for some surf lessons at the beginning of Oct & they can't wait to get on a surf board

Also got some new sims for the phones yesterday, just Virgin prepaid Sims for the mo. Just Medicare, Tax File Number & Car to sort out now, then permanent unfurnished rental & jobs after that!

Good luck to all those coming over, it's a bit of a shock at first(well was for us anyway!) but you will soon grow to love it, so much space, so many green parks & of course the sea on your doorstep! What more could you want?

Chris

.
The_Effys is offline  
Old Sep 18th 2007, 1:13 pm
  #428  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Secret Harbour, Perth WA
Posts: 65
Peter & Karin is just really nicePeter & Karin is just really nicePeter & Karin is just really nicePeter & Karin is just really nicePeter & Karin is just really nicePeter & Karin is just really nicePeter & Karin is just really nicePeter & Karin is just really nice
Default Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Originally Posted by claire33
Hi,

For those that have recently arrived just thought that I would let you know that there is a meet up at Kings Park this Sunday, there is a thread called "Secret Harbour Gathering" that has the details.

Maybe see some of you there.

Claire
Hi Claire

I have just seen your post about the meeting at Kings Park, is it this Sunday 23rd Sept and what time as I couldn't find it on the website? I know there are quite a few new people in Secret Harbour and they would love to come along.
Thanks in advance.

Karin
Peter & Karin is offline  
Old Sep 18th 2007, 1:58 pm
  #429  
Forum Regular
 
claire33's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: Secret Harbour
Posts: 194
claire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Originally Posted by Peter & Karin
Hi Claire

I have just seen your post about the meeting at Kings Park, is it this Sunday 23rd Sept and what time as I couldn't find it on the website? I know there are quite a few new people in Secret Harbour and they would love to come along.
Thanks in advance.

Karin
Hi Karin

Yes it is this Sunday we are meeting in the Synergy parkland area - between the Vietnam memorial and the Zamia cafe from around 12. The thread is posted in the meet-ups section under Secret Harbour gathering.

Claire
claire33 is offline  
Old Sep 18th 2007, 9:10 pm
  #430  
New Member
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Leamington Spa
Posts: 78
Caggsy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Originally Posted by The_Effys
Hi all, up bright & early this morning(damn jetlag! :curse, Managed to get ID'd for our WestPac bank acccount yesterday, took 10mins as we already had cards sent to us while in the UK, lady said according to her files we had already been ID'd, but she couldn't understand how as we had just got here! But we are not complaining

Had a little drive around Secret Harbour yesterday, very nice area, lots of new homes being built, also had a little tour round Comet Bay Primary School while we were there, very nice & brand new, but we are unfortunately out of their catchment area at the moment Went to the surf shop at SH & found ourselves on the beach again, it is like a magnet & the kids love it! Have booked the kids in for some surf lessons at the beginning of Oct & they can't wait to get on a surf board

Also got some new sims for the phones yesterday, just Virgin prepaid Sims for the mo. Just Medicare, Tax File Number & Car to sort out now, then permanent unfurnished rental & jobs after that!

Good luck to all those coming over, it's a bit of a shock at first(well was for us anyway!) but you will soon grow to love it, so much space, so many green parks & of course the sea on your doorstep! What more could you want?

Chris

.
Great to hear you're settling in so quickly mate! Hope the weather's picked up for you Four and bit weeks left for us but our furniture is due to arrive Freo next week! On the countdown! Do you know when the train line's due to be up and running yet?

Good luck house/job hunting!
Caggsy is offline  
Old Sep 18th 2007, 9:12 pm
  #431  
New Member
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Leamington Spa
Posts: 78
Caggsy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Originally Posted by phillip&sharon
Hi, glad to hear you have arrived safely, we too arrived on Friday and thought we had arrived back in the uk (weather!!)

We've been really busy, got over jet lag very well. Sorted out bank accounts, really helpful, get our cards next week. We bought a car today and now sorting out insurance. Tomorrow we'll start looking for a house!

Really looking forward to meeting up with others, sending you a pm about meetup, as we are only round the corner!

sharon, phillip, megan and connor
Hi Phillip & Sharon. Sounds like you're getting on with things! Great news! Did you get a new or second hand car? Good luck house hunting. When do you start work?

Best of

Caggs
Caggsy is offline  
Old Sep 18th 2007, 9:45 pm
  #432  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Port Kennedy - Soon to be Baldivis
Posts: 18
terrington-evans is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Originally Posted by Caggsy
Great to hear you're settling in so quickly mate! Hope the weather's picked up for you Four and bit weeks left for us but our furniture is due to arrive Freo next week! On the countdown! Do you know when the train line's due to be up and running yet?

Good luck house/job hunting!
Apparently there is a lack of qualified electricians available to commission the line but we have been told that it will be up and running by the end of the year (It was origionaly was supposed to be up and running by now).

Mark
terrington-evans is offline  
Old Sep 18th 2007, 9:55 pm
  #433  
New Member
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Leamington Spa
Posts: 78
Caggsy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Originally Posted by terrington-evans
Apparently there is a lack of qualified electricians available to commission the line but we have been told that it will be up and running by the end of the year (It was origionaly was supposed to be up and running by now).

Mark
Cheers Mark

If that's the case perhaps I should wait until after Xmas before looking for work in the CBD
Caggsy is offline  
Old Sep 18th 2007, 10:41 pm
  #434  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
mad.chef's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: ASHBY, Perth.
Posts: 675
mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

[QUOTE=Daxver;5327181]
Originally Posted by mad.chef
Hi again,

I have added anyone that has asked to the list, could do with some more info though if possible.

Hope all is going well with everyones plans? We move in 2 weeks tomorrow!!! Can't believe it has come round this quick. David went out last night with his cousins to the dogs and actually won some money! Had a party at our house on Friday night and I actually had a drink(haven't had one for years!). Everyone thought I was really funny tipsy.

Starting to panick a bit that I don't forget to pack everything and that we will fit it all in (got 8 suitcases so should be fine!). Just got to carry it all.

Transferred our money last week with HIFX to our Westpac account, just need to make sure it has arrived safely as we can't access internet banking till we get there. Might have to phone them just to make sure.

Anyway, all the best to everyone, see you already there in a few weeks.

Sarah.

Hi Sarah

Dont no if you remember me but we also leave in 2 weeks (well actually down to 13 days nw!!!!!!!!) and are on the same flight as you on the second leg of the journey.

We to have transferred our money through HIFX to our westpac account - great minds think alike!

Cant open the spreadsheet as it appears that the inlaws lap top doesnt have word etc, is there lots of people on it now and has there been any definate plans for our big barbie yet?

Thanks Sarah

Michelle
Hi Michelle,

Course I remember you. I have been on the phone all morning to OZ! Trying to sort out my online banking for Westpac so I could see if my money had arrived. Luckily it had as Westpac mixed up my account numbers and so the money ended up in my savings account instead of the current account!

Regarding the list it is huge. On page 5 now I think.

Also regarding the big barbie, nothing has been set, probably waiting for more of us to get there and be settled. We will keep everyone posted.

Sarah
mad.chef is offline  
Old Sep 18th 2007, 10:56 pm
  #435  
Forum Regular
 
charmed's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: from Larne to Perth
Posts: 203
charmed will become famous soon enoughcharmed will become famous soon enough
Talking Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Mad chef.

I bet your real glad you started this list. heehee. Although it nice of you both to put in the time.

Your both brill and thank you.

Joy
charmed is offline  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.