British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   SE QLD 4WD trip (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/se-qld-4wd-trip-490961/)

cresta's conscience Dec 4th 2007 1:16 am

Re: SE QLD 4WD trip

How about a trip out to woop woop. Sure don't think any of them are ready for the Simpson desert.
Promise to make Cresta leave his banjo at home:blink:

steve`o Dec 4th 2007 2:16 am

Originally Posted by cresta's conscience (Post 5629869)
How about a trip out to woop woop. Sure don't think any of them are ready for the Simpson desert.

does it have six strings ???
one for each finger :rofl::rofl:

Timber Floor Au Dec 4th 2007 3:47 am

Thats a scary thought !!!...

Originally Posted by steve`o (Post 5630027)
does it have six strings ???
one for each finger :rofl::rofl:

He has everything 6 fingered !

12 bore shot gun
12 gun salute
12 days of xmas

bless lol

OzWannabee Dec 4th 2007 4:23 am

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au (Post 5630244)
Thats a scary thought !!!...

He has everything 6 fingered !

12 bore shot gun
12 gun salute
12 days of xmas

bless lol

I'm a bit worried about this now! The Cresta's only warned me about the extra head not the extra finger!! Not sure if I want to go now!!! Anything else we need to know?? :confused:

cresta's conscience Dec 4th 2007 4:50 am

Far out!!!
When we first into Sean's parents house there was a kid across the road who had webbed fingers. Nearly packed up and left the country there and then. They were a scary family, but nothing I could post on here unless anymore brits start heading this way and then the horror stories will start to flow:ohmy:

annqldau Dec 4th 2007 5:24 am

3 Attachment(s)

Simpson Desert is set for the winter but we could always do Nindigully... some where nice inland this time and water free to keep everyone's stress levels down.

Darren&Leanne Dec 4th 2007 6:10 am

Originally Posted by annqldau (Post 5630495)
Simpson Desert is set for the winter but we could always do Nindigully... some where nice inland this time and water free to keep everyone's stress levels down.

I dont know if anyone else reads it , but "4wd Action" is a brill mag with heaps of info regarding all the touring trips, and especially how to prepare ur vehicle.(im not a rep honest!)
you cant be doing these tours with road tyres or NO UHF.
Looking forward to whereever we chose.
Im off to MT Warning this weekend for a bit of camping and then Fraser on Jan3rd when my parents come out.
Then theres talk of camping on Straddie end of jan??
Its non stop.
Darren

longreach Dec 4th 2007 7:12 am

We could do a camping thing and those who want to do some sight seeing type stuff can go one way and those of us who want to do some proper off roading can go another and then meet back at the camp site to exchange stories.

Thats what we do with the Pajero club... works well.

Darren&Leanne Dec 4th 2007 7:26 am

Originally Posted by longreach (Post 5630699)
We could do a camping thing and those who want to do some sight seeing type stuff can go one way and those of us who want to do some proper off roading can go another and then meet back at the camp site to exchange stories.

Thats what we do with the Pajero club... works well.

Sounds good!

Need to throw some ideas in the hat, Landcruiser park has camping etc and various degrees of difficulties in off road tracks.

D

Timber Floor Au Dec 4th 2007 7:29 am

Originally Posted by OzWannabee (Post 5630335)
I'm a bit worried about this now! The Cresta's only warned me about the extra head not the extra finger!! Not sure if I want to go now!!! Anything else we need to know?? :confused:

You do know Sean is only 18 years of age !! You age fast in Gympie too !

Originally Posted by cresta's conscience (Post 5630418)
Far out!!!
When we first into Sean's parents house there was a kid across the road who had webbed fingers. Nearly packed up and left the country there and then. They were a scary family, but nothing I could post on here unless anymore brits start heading this way and then the horror stories will start to flow:ohmy:

Pmsl at webbed hands , our mutts have webbed feet lol... you ought to get a Newf !! pmsl

OzWannabee Dec 4th 2007 7:35 am

[QUOTE=Timber Floor Au;5630736]You do know Sean is only 18 years of age !! You age fast in Gympie too !

I'm doing a good job of that by myself without moving to Gympie!! :rofl:

Timber Floor Au Dec 4th 2007 7:36 am

[QUOTE=OzWannabee;5630743]

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au (Post 5630736)

fpmsl.

LOL look at BOBBY !! he only looks 16 yrs old ffs, what are we all doing wrong that hes doing right, hes like the peter bloody pan of Oz !

bobbyftm Dec 4th 2007 8:24 am

[QUOTE=Timber Floor Au;5630747]

Originally Posted by OzWannabee (Post 5630743)

fpmsl.

LOL look at BOBBY !! he only looks 16 yrs old ffs, what are we all doing wrong that hes doing right, hes like the peter bloody pan of Oz !

Only hope they believe me on Pension day !!:eek:

annqldau Dec 4th 2007 11:38 am

Originally Posted by Darren&Leanne (Post 5630728)
Sounds good!

Need to throw some ideas in the hat, Landcruiser park has camping etc and various degrees of difficulties in off road tracks.

D

Think you are allowed to take one dog there as well if needs be.

annqldau Dec 4th 2007 11:42 am

[QUOTE=bobbyftm;5630880]

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au (Post 5630747)
Only hope they believe me on Pension day !!:eek:

[QUOTE=Timber Floor Au;5630747]

Originally Posted by OzWannabee (Post 5630743)

fpmsl.

It's the LCL Pils Super Strength still running through his veins he'll be like Dorian Grey when he dehydrates and age rapidly.

[QUOTE=OzWannabee;5630743]

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au (Post 5630736)

You'll look a hundred before you know it.

SarahJane2007 Dec 5th 2007 12:59 am

All sounds good.....can you get to any of the campsites mentioned in a 2x4 Ute? Or will we need a 4x4 to get there?...we are thinking of coming along if we can get to the campsites and just mooching about the camp/walking whilst everybody else goes off into the bush 4x4 ing....:thumbsup:

232Bar Dec 5th 2007 1:24 am

Ok here's one of the places mentioned for the next one involving an overnight camp if that's the consensus

Landcruiser Mountain Park

SarahJane2007 Dec 5th 2007 3:56 am

Originally Posted by 232Bar (Post 5634200)
Ok here's one of the places mentioned for the next one involving an overnight camp if that's the consensus

Looks good...and we can come as there is 2 wheel drive access and dogs allowed:thumbsup: what dates are we thinking about? We need to go tent shopping:eek:

rebnatoli Dec 5th 2007 6:21 am

Looks like a great place - we won't be on the group trip as our puppy is too young but might take a trip there when shes older - will look forward to your reports if you go.

steve`o Dec 5th 2007 6:24 am

Originally Posted by Shortlets (Post 5634611)
Looks good...and we can come as there is 2 wheel drive access and dogs allowed:thumbsup: what dates are we thinking about? We need to go tent shopping:eek:

tent?

tent ?

are you not going bush:rofl:

Timber Floor Au Dec 5th 2007 6:31 am

1 Attachment(s)

Looks good mate, i started a specific thread for it, so hopefully we can post details either there or here.

Was trying to find the place out nr warwick ( black beaver valley or something lol ) but i cant

Added a LOGO lol for those that wanna use it, just click it, then right click and save as :)

Darren&Leanne Dec 5th 2007 9:44 am

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by annqldau (Post 5625672)
For once in my life this is one of the few times I don't have any although I should have had hundereds considering the adventourous day we all had.

a couple of pics from my phone

moke Dec 5th 2007 9:46 am

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au (Post 5634867)
Looks good mate, i started a specific thread for it, so hopefully we can post details either there or here.

Was trying to find the place out nr warwick ( black beaver valley or something lol ) but i cant

Added a LOGO lol for those that wanna use it, just click it, then right click and save as :)

Not this one is it?
http://www.blackduckvalley.com/
Dean

Timber Floor Au Dec 5th 2007 10:30 am

Originally Posted by Darren&Leanne (Post 5635269)

lmffao !! you utter SHITBAG ! gotta admit i do look fkn hunky in the first pic !!!!

and I just had to edit this, after checking my rear rego plate, thought some prick had coloured it in !!

ROFL

Originally Posted by moke (Post 5635274)
Not this one is it?
http://www.blackduckvalley.com/
Dean

Thats the place !!! Will have a GANDER :) thanks Deano

bobbyftm Dec 5th 2007 10:40 am

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au (Post 5635395)
lmffao !! you utter SHITBAG ! gotta admit i do look fkn hunky in the first pic !!!!

and I just had to edit this, after checking my rear rego plate, thought some prick had coloured it in !!

ROFL

Shrek was a bit of a hunk wasn't he ?:p

Timber Floor Au Dec 5th 2007 11:02 am

Originally Posted by bobbyftm (Post 5635430)
Shrek was a bit of a hunk wasn't he ?:p

lololol

Cheeeseeee Cakeeeeeeee

232Bar Dec 5th 2007 8:28 pm

Call that stuck????? Mine was balanced on the diffs and chassis rails LOL

Timber Floor Au Dec 5th 2007 11:16 pm

Originally Posted by 232Bar (Post 5637177)

someone musta took a pic of that Gra !

steve`o Dec 5th 2007 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by 232Bar (Post 5637177)

was that on the 22k track off the end of the beach
i lost my engine and rack shields on that section :rofl:

shouldnt laugh its in the garage for a service and i`m expecting a
"did you know phone call":rofl:

SarahJane2007 Dec 5th 2007 11:49 pm

Originally Posted by steve`o (Post 5637786)

:eek::rofl::rofl:

232Bar Dec 6th 2007 12:41 am

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au (Post 5637748)
someone musta took a pic of that Gra !

Too busy digging it out mate - I think we moved over a tonne of sand. Steve, it was after the washout, about 100 mtrs from the beach exit :frown:

232Bar Dec 6th 2007 12:48 am

Originally Posted by steve`o (Post 5637786)

I had the heavy duty sump and transmission guard fitted to mine after our jaunt up Mt Mee split the other one. $500 but money well spent of it saves the sump and tranny. It took almost an hour to free mine. I got stuck, Ann bogged the ute behind me but that was minor and came out no bother, then Andy tried to come around behind me and got stuck, again not too deep but enough to need digging. After lots of sand movements and good old pull on the snatch strap from Andy we got moving again. It was interesting watching the tide edge closer to the stranded Pathfinder as we were working on it and it was almost lapping at Andys back wheels by the time his was free :ohmy:

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer Dec 6th 2007 6:18 am

FPMSL!!!!!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

On a lighter note, anyone know a good yet cheap mechanic that can come and sort our motor out after Sunday's escapades?

Yup, it's furked! :huh::o But hey, we didn't get stuck!!! :p

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer Dec 6th 2007 6:20 am

From the look on Debs' face, I'd say that she's thinking something completely different!

LMFAO

:rofl::thumbup:

Timber Floor Au Dec 6th 2007 6:24 am

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer (Post 5638801)
From the look on Debs' face, I'd say that she's thinking something completely different!

LMFAO

:rofl::thumbup:

lol.. she saw pic and said , I think you was telling me off at this point...

and added, your a total arsehole ( went thru her mind ) as she recalls ( arsehole being me !

annqldau Dec 6th 2007 6:51 am

Originally Posted by 232Bar (Post 5637935)
I had the heavy duty sump and transmission guard fitted to mine after our jaunt up Mt Mee split the other one. $500 but money well spent of it saves the sump and tranny. It took almost an hour to free mine. I got stuck, Ann bogged the ute behind me but that was minor and came out no bother, then Andy tried to come around behind me and got stuck, again not too deep but enough to need digging. After lots of sand movements and good old pull on the snatch strap from Andy we got moving again. It was interesting watching the tide edge closer to the stranded Pathfinder as we were working on it and it was almost lapping at Andys back wheels by the time his was free :ohmy:

Must point out I only 'bogged the ute' after he stopped in front of me & I couldn't get past which was a shame after Wendy and I had just completed a fantastic Thelma & Louise crossing of the creek.

ROFL

Pleased the Pic is of your Ute and not mine...

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer Dec 6th 2007 6:59 am

Originally Posted by annqldau (Post 5638865)
Must point out I only 'bogged the ute' after he stopped in front of me & I couldn't get past which was a shame after Wendy and I had just completed a fantastic Thelma & Louise crossing of the creek.

'Thelma & Louise' - - - - - -LMFAO

:thumbsup:

T'was the most impressive thing I saw that day (part from that sheila in the white bikini at the 2nd lagoon on the way up t'beach)!!!

Onya Ann!!! :p

Wendy Dec 6th 2007 7:07 am

Yer all f'king nutters :rofl:

Sounds like you had a right shin'dig' :D

Timber Floor Au Dec 6th 2007 7:11 am

Originally Posted by annqldau (Post 5638865)

Im not sure whats scarier... Gra' ranting n raving, or the look on your face when your irrisistable force met an unmoveable object !

PMSL

annqldau Dec 6th 2007 7:24 am

Shame nobody got the shot though, shall I go back and do it again???... $200 excess ouch...I think not.

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer (Post 5638892)
'Thelma & Louise' - - - - - -LMFAO

:thumbsup:

T'was the most impressive thing I saw that day (part from that sheila in the white bikini at the 2nd lagoon on the way up t'beach)!!!

Onya Ann!!! :p

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au (Post 5638932)
Im not sure whats scarier... Gra' ranting n raving, or the look on your face when your irrisistable force met an unmoveable object !

PMSL