British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   SE QLD 4WD trip (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/se-qld-4wd-trip-490961/)

wintersgills Dec 2nd 2007 3:33 am

Re: SE QLD 4WD trip

Originally Posted by OzWannabee (Post 5624068)
Hey Guys

Did anyone fish our number plate out of the creek? :eek:

Jo

i got one *** ***?:thumbsup:

Bubbles Dec 2nd 2007 7:42 am

Hi Guys

glad to hear everyone got home ok and the number plate can be reunited. What a great bunch of people. Thanks Jo for taking Jane's kids home for the night and offering them a bed for the night. Last we heard the little girl was ok but kept in overnight for obs. Hope all is well this morning. (Jane we have a plate of yours) Thanks for the beer Sarah, hope you had a great time

I think people found out what their vehicles were capable of, more than they thought!

Mark and i were thinking on the way home - what next? How are people fixed between Christmas and new year - it'll be really quiet for us, no family to please - we thought a bush camping expedition overnight - no tide to worry about! Or sand to wash off. I will have a look for a suitable spot with some off rodaing!

Tracy and Mark (Longreach)

OzWannabee Dec 2nd 2007 7:43 am

Originally Posted by wintersgills (Post 5624449)
i got one *** ***?:thumbsup:

Great!! Thats us!! Thank you! When we were rushing to meet the ambulance and the creek water was up to our windscreen (and no we didn't have a snorkel!! :eek:) it must have come off! Didn't notice till we were back in the car park!

Everyone was saying in the pub that it had been found but you must have gone straight home?

OzWannabee Dec 2nd 2007 8:01 am

Originally Posted by Bubbles (Post 5625146)
Hi Guys

glad to hear everyone got home ok and the number plate can be reunited. What a great bunch of people. Thanks Jo for taking Jane's kids home for the night and offering them a bed for the night. Last we heard the little girl was ok but kept in overnight for obs. Hope all is well this morning. (Jane we have a plate of yours) Thanks for the beer Sarah, hope you had a great time

I think people found out what their vehicles were capable of, more than they thought!

Mark and i were thinking on the way home - what next? How are people fixed between Christmas and new year - it'll be really quiet for us, no family to please - we thought a bush camping expedition overnight - no tide to worry about! Or sand to wash off. I will have a look for a suitable spot with some off rodaing!

Yeah the little girl is fine and should be able to go home today :thumbsup: The boys were also fine and were really pleased they didn't have to go to school today! Thanks for bringing them off the beach 'cos I don't think we would have got through that creek again! And thanks Darren & Leanne for bringing our daughter back! Sooooooooo glad she wasn't car sick on that track!!

And as most of you missed it, just wanted to let you know that Deb is fantastic in an emergency. Real action stuff - jumping from moving vehicles, screaming at the general public and flagging down rangers! Really pleased you were there! Worth taking on any outing!! :thumbsup:

jaycat Dec 2nd 2007 8:43 am

Originally Posted by OzWannabee (Post 5625198)
Yeah the little girl is fine and should be able to go home today :thumbsup: The boys were also fine and were really pleased they didn't have to go to school today! Thanks for bringing them off the beach 'cos I don't think we would have got through that creek again! And thanks Darren & Leanne for bringing our daughter back! Sooooooooo glad she wasn't car sick on that track!!

And as most of you missed it, just wanted to let you know that Deb is fantastic in an emergency. Real action stuff - jumping from moving vehicles, screaming at the general public and flagging down rangers! Really pleased you were there! Worth taking on any outing!! :thumbsup:

We are so pleased to hear that the little one is okay.
The boys were so good they just kept on playing with the other children and catching crabs.
Hope Jane and Andi are okay also.
Well done to all that went with Jane and Andi.
Dean & Karen

soapy© Dec 2nd 2007 8:48 am

photos please!;)

jaycat Dec 2nd 2007 8:55 am

Originally Posted by soapy (Post 5625403)
photos please!;)

We have a few, just going to check them out now as too shattered last night to do anything except sleep.

moke Dec 2nd 2007 9:10 am

http://mokeclub.org/bribie1.jpg
http://mokeclub.org/bribie2.jpg
http://mokeclub.org/bribie3.jpg

soapy© Dec 2nd 2007 9:28 am

magic guys, thanks. whos that with the england flag?:lol:

soapy© Dec 2nd 2007 9:29 am

Originally Posted by jaycat (Post 5625437)
We have a few, just going to check them out now as too shattered last night to do anything except sleep.

well get your finger oot:p

jaycat Dec 2nd 2007 9:36 am

Originally Posted by soapy (Post 5625570)
well get your finger oot:p

lol....They have been posted by Moke, he is my other half.
He is much better at doing all the techy stuff. :p
Not sure of everyones names now, we have had a sleep.
Think the flag flyer was Kev & Deb Reeve.
Was great as we could see them for miles and at least knew where we were headed.

soapy© Dec 2nd 2007 9:42 am

Originally Posted by jaycat (Post 5625595)
lol....They have been posted by Moke, he is my other half.
He is much better at doing all the techy stuff. :p

lmao, just as well we have a man eh?:p

hope he was driving yesterday:lol::lol::lol:

thanks for the photos guys. im sure the numbers will double for the next trip;)

annqldau Dec 2nd 2007 9:44 am

We were thinking Mt. Mee at we've all dug enough sand off our cars this weekend and there's a large areas with fixed bbq's we could use up there as well as some nice drives.

Originally Posted by jaycat (Post 5623631)
Hello all,
Well just arrived home after a fantastic day out on Bribie Island.:thumbsup:
It was great to meet so many lovely people today, thanks for making our first B/E meet so enjoyable.
Just a quick post as we are all shattered, dont really know why as all i was doing was watching the sand wizz by and then wizz by again some more...:):D.:)
Hope you all got home safely.
Thanks once again.
Dean, Karen, Jayden and Caitlin

P.S....When & where is the next one? ;)

annqldau Dec 2nd 2007 9:48 am

Hi Guys

There's the http://getaway.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=17926 at Jimna or you can camp at Mt. Mee as well.

soapy© Dec 2nd 2007 9:49 am

Originally Posted by annqldau (Post 5625634)
We were thinking Mt. Mee at we've all dug enough sand off our cars this weekend and there's a large areas with fixed bbq's we could use up there as well as some nice drives.

Ann.....................photos now!:p

annqldau Dec 2nd 2007 9:52 am

For once in my life this is one of the few times I don't have any although I should have had hundereds considering the adventourous day we all had.

Hi Guys

Originally Posted by soapy (Post 5625658)
Ann.....................photos now!:p

cresta57 Dec 2nd 2007 10:14 am

Originally Posted by cooper64 (Post 5624044)
hi my names Andy cooper i am originally from the isle of wight, i am a moderator for the delica club and spke to some of you today on the uhf whilst we passed you in our delicas we had 21 members for our chrimbo meet
(a lot of ex pats to) hope you all had a great day
also Garthy_Maha are you a member of delicaclub.com?

Hey Andy,
Welcome to the site, I spoke to you briefly yesterday on the UHF.
We're just down the track from you in Tiaro, there were another two couples from Gympie at our Bribie meet as well so nearly enough for a Maryboro' Hervey Bay meet.;)

soapy© Dec 2nd 2007 10:20 am

Originally Posted by annqldau (Post 5625672)
For once in my life this is one of the few times I don't have any although I should have had hundereds considering the adventourous day we all had.

grrrr:curse:

thats you off my christmas card list lol:lol:

jaycat Dec 2nd 2007 10:53 am

Originally Posted by soapy (Post 5625624)
lmao, just as well we have a man eh?:p

hope he was driving yesterday

thanks for the photos guys. im sure the numbers will double for the next trip;)

Well of course he was driving...i had to do the important task of navigation..and we all know men cant do that job...lol
It went something like this.... watch out for that bit of sand, why dont you stay in everyone elses tracks, why are you looking at the sea watch the sand....and so on....lol.....:rofl::rofl:
And most importantly dont take your hands off the steering wheel....dont ask about that one..:rofl::):rofl:;)

Timber Floor Au Dec 2nd 2007 11:06 am

What a DAY !

What more can I Say !

Lots of brilliant guys ...

And where were all the fkn FLIES !

I did get stuck..

Someone heard me say f***

But not long was i in the shit..

Cos i sat behind the wheel.. n watched 14 ppl PUSH IT !!

Bless my girl.. she took a few pics..

all i need now is the ridicule from you PRICKS !!!!

;)

Will post em later :)

Wicked wonderful ppl, apologies for not chatting to everyone.. I feel guilty as sin.. but what a friggin day !!! awesome fun, great turn out... and lets get another ORGANISED !!!!!

Ste n Debs ( the fat prick in the white triton )

Jan4kids Dec 2nd 2007 12:29 pm

:thumbsup: We had a great time too...well worth getting up early on a Sunday for!

So glad to hear the little girl is O.K and on her way back home, it's scary how quick and quietly these things can happen.

Our kids had an awesome time, even if they asked if we were going to die when we had to turn around with the sea coming in fast!!!:lol: and when we got back my 8 year old boy asked to go to bed when we got in (otherwise unheard of:lol:)

Here's a couple of my snaps, can't post others as they all have peoples number plates on display and I'm not technical enough to 'black them out'.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...h_PC020114.jpg
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...h_PC020119.jpg
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...h_PC020121.jpg

Great to meet you all (well I think I got around to most of you :D....so many people there!) We'd deffo be up for another trip (overnight or otherwise).

Jan, Rob and 4 kids (in the Land Rover Discovery with worn road tyres)

salokin Dec 2nd 2007 12:56 pm

Hi Everyone,
What a great day ! glad to hear the little girl is ok, sorry didnt get round to talking to everyone, what with incoming tides aarrghh mass exodus to get off the beach wasnt that fun !!! at least we didnt get stuck unlike some (Ste) Timber floor ha ha ha what a shame we didnt get any photos !!!!!!!!!!!!
Just cleaned the blummin car think we brought half the beach back with us blummin sand gets everywhere !!!!!!!
Take care looking forward to the next one !
carol & nik xxxxxx

SarahJane2007 Dec 2nd 2007 3:30 pm

What a fabulous day!!:thumbsup: We had an excellent time with many thanks going to Longreach...Tracy & Mark and Garthy_ Maha...Gareth & Maha for the lifts...we couldnt have gone without you guys!
Andy & Jane...I do hope little Abbie has recovered from her ordeal yesturday...it could have happened to anyone-turn your back for 5 mins and the're off...! Hope everything is ok and hope to meet you again soon.:wub:
It was great to meet so many lovely people...although I didnt personally get to chat to everybody. See you all again soon...Sarah,Lee and gang:thumbsup:

aussiedreamer Dec 2nd 2007 3:44 pm

Hi Everyone

THANK YOU

As most of you know we made a mad dash with debs i'm sure the rangers wondered what had happened (great in a crisis), followed by Jo and Paul, with Abs to the Car Park where we met the paramedics and ambulance crews. Air Ambulance was also in attendance at Surf Club but in the end we travelled by road as Abbie was very agitated with stats all over the place and with the lack of oxygen at altitude she may have needed incubating which the paramedics were reluctant to do (Thank god, been there done that don't want to do it again). However the flight crew did travel with us with copter on stand by should we need it.

Just thought would let you all know ABBIE was released from hospital this morning about 11am, kept in for obs overnight as oxygen levels hadn't returned to normal for a 3yr old and there is known to be a 7 hour relapse from these type of instances.

She explained to the doctor that she had been practising blowing bubbles but it didn't seem to work, but her star float was excellent.

Thankyou all for helping with the boys especially Jo, Debs, Paul, Mark (and respective partners, sorry if i've missed anyone it was all such a blur) we will be forever in your debt.

Jane, Andi, Abbie, Callum and Aidan

jaycat Dec 2nd 2007 5:09 pm

Hi Jane and Andi,
Thankyou for letting us all know that Abbie is okay.:thumbsup:
Your two boys were so very good, they just played with the other children catching crabs with no bother what-so-ever.:thumbsup:
So glad to hear you are all home safe & sound.
x
Karen, Dean, Jayden and Caitlin

Pollyana Dec 2nd 2007 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by aussiedreamer (Post 5626471)
Hi Everyone

THANK YOU

As most of you know we made a mad dash with debs i'm sure the rangers wondered what had happened (great in a crisis), followed by Jo and Paul, with Abs to the Car Park where we met the paramedics and ambulance crews. Air Ambulance was also in attendance at Surf Club but in the end we travelled by road as Abbie was very agitated with stats all over the place and with the lack of oxygen at altitude she may have needed incubating which the paramedics were reluctant to do (Thank god, been there done that don't want to do it again). However the flight crew did travel with us with copter on stand by should we need it.

Just thought would let you all know ABBIE was released from hospital this morning about 11am, kept in for obs overnight as oxygen levels hadn't returned to normal for a 3yr old and there is known to be a 7 hour relapse from these type of instances.

She explained to the doctor that she had been practising blowing bubbles but it didn't seem to work, but her star float was excellent.

Thankyou all for helping with the boys especially Jo, Debs, Paul, Mark (and respective partners, sorry if i've missed anyone it was all such a blur) we will be forever in your debt.

Very glad she's OK :)

SarahJane2007 Dec 2nd 2007 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by Shortlets (Post 5626446)
What a fabulous day!!:thumbsup: We had an excellent time with many thanks going to Longreach...Tracy & Mark and Garthy_ Maha...Gareth & Maha And also Debreeve...Kev & Debfor the lifts...we couldnt have gone without you guys!
Andy & Jane...I do hope little Abbie has recovered from her ordeal yesturday...it could have happened to anyone-turn your back for 5 mins and the're off...! Hope everything is ok and hope to meet you again soon.:wub:
It was great to meet so many lovely people...although I didnt personally get to chat to everybody. See you all again soon...Sarah,Lee and gang:thumbsup:

Just wanted to add Debreeze...Deb & Kev. Thank you.:thumbsup:

SarahJane2007 Dec 2nd 2007 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by aussiedreamer (Post 5626471)
Hi Everyone

THANK YOU

Soo glad little Abbie is feeling better...bless her, big hugs (((((HUGS))))). Thanks for letting us all know she is ok.

jazzys Dec 2nd 2007 6:28 pm

Glad to hear the little un is OK, Not sure who i met yesterday but my lad was the one in the newcastle top. He recovered enough for us to make the trip even though we weren't there long before the mad dash off the beach began.

Me n the missus were the ones walking along the beach, and we made it all the way back to the car park long beore our kids did in the 4WD.

I had no shoes on and the sand was like bloody lava!

How many of you ran over the big turtle?

Jazzys

debreeve Dec 2nd 2007 7:15 pm

:)yes all our best to the little girl , was a fright ,

o yes i saw u jazzy walking along beach ,
also saw the big turtle as dashing back & back other way again !!!! lol

yes it was us Kev & Deb reeve with the flag, it reminded me of Prissila Queen of the desert ,

Was a real great day gd to see most turned up , nice to meet our 3 exrta passengers Lee, oscar & megan . would b great if u & sarah could come up to mooloolaba on 15th , can stay with us .

carole , nik long time no c , wont leave it so long nxt time hope ya back not to sore today .

really soooooo many to mention ,

lookin forward to nxt time ,
o & rember the 15th at mooloolaba surf club , its not just a sunny coast booze up :eek:,
xx debs reevo xx

soapy© Dec 2nd 2007 7:25 pm

what the fk happened to the little girl?????:confused:

steve`o Dec 2nd 2007 7:55 pm

5 Attachment(s)
;)

bobbyftm Dec 2nd 2007 8:13 pm

5 Attachment(s)
Would also like to say its great to hear that the little girl is safe and well I (sorry we ) would like to personally thank Cap'n Fluffy for taking on board the organisation of this event and would also once again like to thank him and Caroline for taking us on board for what was a terrific day which wouldn't have been possible for us otherwise (That's enough slavver !!)Twas great to meet the people who we hadn't previously met and hopefully we may well bump into each other again sometime (thinking along the lines of the golf next week then mooloolaba the week after:thumbsup:)Sorry didn't get time to meet everyone at the beach as it did get bit hectic after i'd been used as a dipstick to check the depth of the water!! but did meet a few more at the watering hole :thumbsup:

cresta's conscience Dec 2nd 2007 9:20 pm

So pleased to hear Abbie is ok.
I think that she should become the BE Mascot after her little adventure.
I'm not at all religious but someone up there was sure smiling down on this special little girl.

It will be a whole lot harder for Jane and Andy to get over the trauma of the day and it was great to see the members of BE pulling together to assist people they had just met and in some cases not even spoken to.

Cheers

Deb

Garthy_Maha Dec 2nd 2007 9:23 pm

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by cooper64 (Post 5624044)
hi my names Andy cooper i am originally from the isle of wight, i am a moderator for the delica club and spke to some of you today on the uhf whilst we passed you in our delicas we had 21 members for our chrimbo meet
(a lot of ex pats to) hope you all had a great day
also Garthy_Maha are you a member of delicaclub.com?

Hi Andy, No we're not members of Delica Club I only found it the other day from a previous link i think you posted but i will join it'll be good to catch up with other Delica owners.

Sarah, you're more than welcome hope you had a good day. Here are a few more pics.

Darren&Leanne Dec 2nd 2007 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by OzWannabee (Post 5625149)
Great!! Thats us!! Thank you! When we were rushing to meet the ambulance and the creek water was up to our windscreen (and no we didn't have a snorkel!! :eek:) it must have come off! Didn't notice till we were back in the car park!

Everyone was saying in the pub that it had been found but you must have gone straight home?

Glad to hear you are getting it back.
Glad to hear the little girls getting on ok!
Yes Jo you didnt tell us Jamie was prone to car sickness till we saw you at the pub, but she was great.

What a fantastic day!!!! Sorry we didnt get round to everybody.

Yes we were the ones with the black pipe everyone was asking about on the back of our roof rack.(Hot water).

It may sound strange but im glad we couldnt cross the creek and had to go the other way...Wow what panic!!!!Then 22 k`s to the bitumin.Great story to tell.
Hope another is organised!
Darren , Leanne Charlie and baby Summer

OzWannabee Dec 2nd 2007 11:45 pm

Originally Posted by Darren&Leanne (Post 5627363)
Glad to hear you are getting it back.
Glad to hear the little girls getting on ok!
Yes Jo you didnt tell us Jamie was prone to car sickness till we saw you at the pub, but she was great.

What a fantastic day!!!! Sorry we didnt get round to everybody.

Yes we were the ones with the black pipe everyone was asking about on the back of our roof rack.(Hot water).

It may sound strange but im glad we couldnt cross the creek and had to go the other way...Wow what panic!!!!Then 22 k`s to the bitumin.Great story to tell.
Hope another is organised!
Darren , Leanne Charlie and baby Summer

If she had of been sick it would have just added more excitement to your day! :rofl:
Do you wanna take her on Friday?

SarahJane2007 Dec 3rd 2007 11:02 am

Originally Posted by soapy (Post 5626821)
what the fk happened to the little girl?????:confused:

Mate she drowned...she was actually floating and was brought out of the water lifeless.:thumbdown: It was at the laggon and happened in seconds as everyone was pre-occupied getting food ready for the barbies...thank god she was saved...and is ok after a hospital visit by helicopter to Brisbane:thumbsup:

232Bar Dec 3rd 2007 11:07 am

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au (Post 5625909)
What a DAY !

What more can I Say !

Lots of brilliant guys ...

And where were all the fkn FLIES !

I did get stuck..

Someone heard me say f***

But not long was i in the shit..

Cos i sat behind the wheel.. n watched 14 ppl PUSH IT !!

Bless my girl.. she took a few pics..

all i need now is the ridicule from you PRICKS !!!!

;)

Will post em later :)

Wicked wonderful ppl, apologies for not chatting to everyone.. I feel guilty as sin.. but what a friggin day !!! awesome fun, great turn out... and lets get another ORGANISED !!!!!

Ste n Debs ( the fat prick in the white triton )

You see - if you'd taken the Pathfinder instead of the Triton you could have followed me (in the Pathfinder), Ann in my Ute (the white Navara) and Andy in his trusty Jakeroo through the washout to get back off the beach. That was one of those "hmmm, should I really be doing this??" moments, but boy was it fun!! :thumbsup:

I vote for off road mountain tracks next time or a camping weekend in Landcruiser park or on Mt Mee

Timber Floor Au Dec 3rd 2007 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by 232Bar (Post 5629415)
You see - if you'd taken the Pathfinder instead of the Triton you could have followed me (in the Pathfinder), Ann in my Ute (the white Navara) and Andy in his trusty Jakeroo through the washout to get back off the beach. That was one of those "hmmm, should I really be doing this??" moments, but boy was it fun!! :thumbsup:

I vote for off road mountain tracks next time or a camping weekend in Landcruiser park or on Mt Mee

I reckon we should get one organised, and perhaps as suggested over the xmas break.

We would deffo be up for at least a friday to sunday jaunt.

Camp fri and sat night.

Barby, chit chat... and some semi safe off roading !!!!! you NUTTERS !