school years

Old Feb 22nd 2010, 5:04 pm
Forum Regular

daddyoconnor will become famous soon enough
Default Re: school years

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
I have just double checked with my daughter, and she has friends born May, June and July 1996, all in year 9.
Therefore 1998 births in the same months will be in year 7 right now, and consequently year 8 from Jan 2011. In Queensland.

Other States may be different.
Her best friend in NSW, only 2 months younger, is only in year 8 at the moment.
Thanks for your help.

Thats good news (well for me anyway). At least if we (when we) move out there later this year my son will have a chance to start secondary school with a load of new kids rather than going into an already "formed" class.

Only bad thing for him, is he may end up going back into junior school beforehand (having spent a year at secondary back here in UK)- but at least my 2 sons would start off at the same school......

Just need to sell house now...... but this latest finding does tend to take a little of the pressure off knowing that he wouldn't start secondary until Jan next year anyway....

Thanks again