Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Which Sat Nav system shall I buy in UK to work in Oz?? Really need help!!

Which Sat Nav system shall I buy in UK to work in Oz?? Really need help!!

Old Dec 7th 2006, 9:47 am
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Which Sat Nav system shall I buy in UK to work in Oz?? Really need help!!

Originally Posted by Wendy
Well our Navman is OK (ICN 530), but it does tend to take it a while to redirect if you take a different route to what it tells you. Other than that we've had no problems with it
ok everyone's 'take a while' seems to be different? does it tell within minutes or hours of going the wrong way lol
Old Dec 7th 2006, 4:28 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which Sat Nav system shall I buy in UK to work in Oz?? Really need help!!

why dont we all have a collection and someone can purchase the maps and send us all the dowloaded cards...

10 of us 12 quid each,jobs a good en...
Old Dec 7th 2006, 4:54 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aston man
why dont we all have a collection and someone can purchase the maps and send us all the dowloaded cards...

10 of us 12 quid each,jobs a good en...
Can you do that? I read somewhere that wouldn't work but not sure why - maybe there's some code or something that you have to use when you put it on your satnav

It all sounds technical to me :scared:
Old Dec 7th 2006, 6:18 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Clippies
Can you do that? I read somewhere that wouldn't work but not sure why - maybe there's some code or something that you have to use when you put it on your satnav

It all sounds technical to me :scared:
Clippies do you ever leave BE ??? lmaoooo i thought i was addicted

Jen
Old Dec 7th 2006, 6:25 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JenJen
Clippies do you ever leave BE ??? lmaoooo i thought i was addicted

Jen
Ah the beauty of a laptop I'm never far away
Old Jan 29th 2007, 6:04 pm
Account Closed

Sorry to resurect this thread but i've been on the Tom Tom website and can't see anywhere on there that you can buy Australia maps for it?????

Jen
Old Jan 29th 2007, 6:18 pm
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to resurect this thread but i've been on the Tom Tom website and can't see anywhere on there that you can buy Australia maps for it?????

Jen
Hi JenJen,

If I remember correctly that the Oz maps are difficult to source in the UK. If you contact them by phone they might be able to help, otherwise this link shows you where in Oz you can get them : http://www.tomtom.com/stores/type.ph...e=8&Country=13

hope this helps.

btw, what system is it for ? If its PDA or Mobile (smartphone) then PM me and I can help you find a "free" version

Furkew.
Old Jan 29th 2007, 6:28 pm

Jen
With ours we just connect the tom tom to the puter then open up the my tom tom thing and it says shop and then click on the oz one.
Old Jan 29th 2007, 6:37 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

With ours we just connect the tom tom to the puter then open up the my tom tom thing and it says shop and then click on the oz one.
hi guys for whats its worth

i have both tom tom 5 with the aus map on my pda ( bought in the uk )
and a garmin nuvi 310 bought for debs as a chrissie present from the local electrical outlet ( 950 bucks )

the garmin wins hands down its just so fast and accurate its unbelivable

regards steve
Old Jan 29th 2007, 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by steve`o
hi guys for whats its worth

i have both tom tom 5 with the aus map on my pda ( bought in the uk )
and a garmin nuvi 310 bought for debs as a chrissie present from the local electrical outlet ( 950 bucks )

the garmin wins hands down its just so fast and accurate its unbelivable

regards steve

I've got a Tom Tom One - it's ace
Old Jan 29th 2007, 6:44 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

I've got a Tom Tom One - it's ace
i use the tom tom myself for work
i have john cleese directing me which still makes me smile
but like i said teh garmins technically better
Old Jan 29th 2007, 6:45 pm
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

have you got the "rude tart" voices ?

If not, do you want them
Old Jan 29th 2007, 6:46 pm

Can you walk with them too? It was ace when we were in Austria and couldn't find the way back to the hotel (walking) and it directed us - soo funny
Old Jan 29th 2007, 6:53 pm
pools finished..Boat next

MenAtWork is a jewel in the roughMenAtWork is a jewel in the roughMenAtWork is a jewel in the roughMenAtWork is a jewel in the roughMenAtWork is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by toon williams
Thanks for all the replies!!

Looks like TomTom is the way to go then!!

Have looked at all the models so just wondered which is the best one!!
I've got a HP5550 PDA which i used to run tomtom on until i bought a new iMate JasJar Phone.

I've been meaning to put it on ebay for ages but have been that wrapped up with house sale, visa etc that i haven't bothered. It's in perfect order and i'll flog it for £50. pm me if your interested. You'd still have to buy the software and maps but it would also run outlook, word, excel etc.

Steve
Old Jan 29th 2007, 8:27 pm
Account Closed

Hey Furkew ( nice name btw)

I'm looking into buying the Tom Tom One but wanted to make sure I could get the Aussie maps for when we move out to Melbourne.
Thanks everyone for your help
God i'm only 28 and I don't know anyone with a pda? is it like a handheld computer or something?
As my phones on the blink i'll get a new one is Oz, can you get sat nav on your mobile now too then ?
You know when I was 18 - 20 I knew all the latest stuff, my brain after 3 kids just can't keep up, maybe I should stick my 8 year old on here he'd probably understand it all better lol

Jen

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.