Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

as the same question gets asked 10 times a week..

as the same question gets asked 10 times a week..

Old Mar 12th 2007, 7:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: as the same question gets asked 10 times a week..

Originally Posted by aston man
theres an opportunity then...why cant they pump it in?
dont know, i just assume it's something that hasnt caught on here....
Old Mar 12th 2007, 7:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Exile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bridie
dont know, i just assume it's something that hasnt caught on here....
I think a lot of the heat goes out through the windows. Double glazing would be good here in winter. It would help keep the hoon noise out too
Old Mar 12th 2007, 7:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Aye, think you're right on that one

Double glazing is starting to come in, we went to a home-type exhibition a few months ago and they had a couple of stands there selling UPVC double glazing. No idea on prices though, I would imagine it will be costly until it becomes "the norm".

We have got thermal lined curtains in our bedroom, makes a huge difference not only keeping cold and draughts out but also keeping out some of the heat from the sun.
Old Mar 12th 2007, 7:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Exile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond repute

Aye, think you're right on that one

Double glazing is starting to come in, we went to a home-type exhibition a few months ago and they had a couple of stands there selling UPVC double glazing. No idea on prices though, I would imagine it will be costly until it becomes "the norm".

We have got thermal lined curtains in our bedroom, makes a huge difference not only keeping cold and draughts out but also keeping out some of the heat from the sun.
That's interesting. I remember three years ago when we were first sorting out this house build, I asked the sales guy about getting double glazing and he looked at me like I was some kind of lunatic.
Old Mar 13th 2007, 12:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Exile
That's interesting. I remember three years ago when we were first sorting out this house build, I asked the sales guy about getting double glazing and he looked at me like I was some kind of lunatic.
Unfortunately I threw all the brochures away when we moved so I've no idea of the company, but it's definitely out there.....
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 5:18 pm
Just Joined

Sean and Maureen has a brilliant futureSean and Maureen has a brilliant futureSean and Maureen has a brilliant futureSean and Maureen has a brilliant futureSean and Maureen has a brilliant futureSean and Maureen has a brilliant future

Hi there

We're new to this site, so I'm not sure if I am breaking any rules, by posting phones numbers, hopefully not and if so, I apologise...., please let me know and I will amend straight away.

BUT....., we have our own glazing business and (just hubby and wifey)

and, we can help you become warm and cozy again..

UPVC Double Glazing - European Style, just like we all know and love.

Double Glazing into existing timber windows and possibly aluminium.

We can also help you with other window/door and glass enquiries

Most areas are covered as long as you are not in "Bradford"!!!

Phone - The Enthusiastic Yorkshireman - 9299 6879 / 0427 474 252
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 6:24 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sean and Maureen
We're new to this site, so I'm not sure if I am breaking any rules, by posting phones numbers, hopefully not and if so, I apologise...., please let me know and I will amend straight away.
Ordinarily that sort of plug is frowned on - but given the thread, the topic and the fact that most of us freeze our butts off in summer, I reckon you're on to a winner!

Should add - where in Oz are you?
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 6:27 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
Ordinarily that sort of plug is frowned on - but given the thread, the topic and the fact that most of us freeze our butts off in summer, I reckon you're on to a winner!

Should add - where in Oz are you?
the boring place
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 6:32 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
the boring place
Wales?
Old Jun 4th 2007, 12:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Yes you are wrong, we live on a very quiet estate here and even we are subjected to the screeching of tyres occasionally. Like I said all you can really do is try and avoid the hotspots.
I'd go with this, but I think its a shame when people sigh "it happens everywhere!"

Depends where you are. There are places where Hoons don't go because it would be a pain to go there, or they don't know that road exists. We haven't had a hoon in 3 years. This is down to the topology, the main through road is not a main highway, and there's no point hoons a) coming down there to get anywhere else, b) and the lane is missable, and there's no street lights. They would have to drive down a 3k road without hitting a tree along the bends and then manage a dirt road.

They seem to stay down south in the more suburban areas. Bit of luck too.

From what I can see, it's precisely the estates, quiet or otherwise that attract hoons.