Royal Wedding

Old Apr 27th 2011, 11:22 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Royal Wedding

Originally Posted by Rambi
A post not that long ago made me realise how untrue that is for Aus. I've always stated that the UK would probably fair no differently with or without the royals. Look to France the most visited country in the world and you see that the absence of a royal family has done them no harm. With Aus I think it does harm. When the Queen is abroad she promotes the UK not Aus. We do not have a similar head of state ambassador. The GG, a viceroy, does not carry the same gravitas as a monarch or president.
Or the same gravitas as Opera Wimpy judging by recent events.
Old Apr 27th 2011, 11:29 pm
Rhino with a big horn!

Rambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Or the same gravitas as Opera Wimpy judging by recent events.
Isn't that a browser?
Old Apr 27th 2011, 11:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
What a generalisation! You can bin your suspicions as far as I'm concerned
:-) I had no idea you were back there! And I actually have people I know personally off BE who are there. The comment 'no names' perhaps a bit suss in this context...of course spring is a good time to visit.

A post not that long ago made me realise how untrue that is for Aus. I've always stated that the UK would probably fair no differently with or without the royals. Look to France the most visited country in the world and you see that the absence of a royal family has done them no harm. With Aus I think it does harm. When the Queen is abroad she promotes the UK not Aus. We do not have a similar head of state ambassador. The GG, a viceroy, does not carry the same gravitas as a monarch or president.
Maybe, but there is a lot of interest in Australia.
Old Apr 27th 2011, 11:34 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't that a browser?
More of a grazer I think.
Old Apr 27th 2011, 11:35 pm
Rhino with a big horn!

Rambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
:-) I had no idea you were back there! And I actually have people I know personally off BE who are there. The comment 'no names' perhaps a bit suss in this context...of course spring is a good time to visit.

Maybe, but there is a lot of interest in Australia.
I suspect Princess Mary generated more interest. Not sure how the royal wedding generates interest in Aus apart from the honeymoon in Qld (if that's true - sorry I haven't been keeping up to date with the latest).
Old Apr 27th 2011, 11:37 pm
Rhino with a big horn!

Originally Posted by DeadVim
More of a grazer I think.
Maybe we should get rid of the Queen and GG and install Oprah as one of our own (sic).
Old Apr 27th 2011, 11:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

I suspect Princess Mary generated more interest. Not sure how the royal wedding generates interest in Aus apart from the honeymoon in Qld (if that's true - sorry I haven't been keeping up to date with the latest).
Well it's all over the papers!!
Old Apr 27th 2011, 11:56 pm
Rhino with a big horn!

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Well it's all over the papers!!
I think I might be caught in an ambiguity. By 'interest in Australia' do you mean 'within Australia' or 'external interest about Australia'?
Old Apr 28th 2011, 1:36 am
Forum Regular

Kamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud of

I am so sick of all the coverage, this whole wedding makes me want to punch a corgi.

I am currently stuck with my mother in law who is wetting herself with excitement over this. There is no way to avoid it as I'm stuck in her house, which is on the side of a mountain and miles away (well 15 minutes away) from any sort of civilisation, so even if I took my chances walking down the mountain (risking life and limb at the hands of drop bears), I still would have no where to go. Although taking my chances of being murdered while hitch hiking down the Warrago highway to have any chance of missing this whole debacle does have a certain appeal.

Failing that, I may try and convince the FIL to play the Royal Wedding drinking game me, we should both be passed out after fifteen minutes.
Old Apr 28th 2011, 3:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Kamie26;9330772]I am so sick of all the coverage, this whole wedding makes me want to punch ....

} /QUOTE]

Last 5 times I turned on the telly (oz), different channels all I got was the royal wedding, the final straw was when one channel had commenced a hourly countdown , like Who bloody cares it is 62 hours to go is anyone that sad

SInce then I havent turned the telly on. If I was going to have a quick glance on Saturday its just put me right off.

Get over it they will probably be divorced in 10 years anyway if current marital stats are owt to go by.
Old Apr 29th 2011, 8:42 am
Melbourne - NE suburbs

DownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Royal Wedding

Originally Posted by JayB
Must admit getting quite excited about the forthcoming royal wedding and feel a bit like I would like to soak up the atmosphere in the UK right now! Some good happy times for the UK.
Well, I have been sucked in by the hype and am WATCHING IT !!! Good onya UK. Enjoy the holiday :-)
Old Apr 29th 2011, 9:08 am
BE Forum Addict

elice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DownUnderPaddy
Well, I have been sucked in by the hype and am WATCHING IT !!! Good onya UK. Enjoy the holiday :-)
Same here. We're even going over to watch it with a bunch of Poms at their house. There will be be a French woman (that's me) and an Irish man there to make sure we take the piss out of it though
Old Apr 29th 2011, 12:53 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Just finished watching it and I've come to the following conclusion...

I'd do Kate's sister, Kate's mum and Kate too.
Old Apr 29th 2011, 12:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

phat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by renth

fine observation my friend - i'm first
Old Apr 29th 2011, 1:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by renth

ditto ditto ditto!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.