Robina

Old Mar 24th 2006, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

sean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nice
Default Re: Robina

Originally Posted by stacey and jordan
Hi thank you, we chose Robina as we had seen it's name come up so many times on Expats and what we heard we liked. When we have done a job search there has always been plenty of jobs (my husbands a vehicle paint sprayer). We are looking for furnished as i am abit worried as when we go my youngest will only be 18 months. Got your pm Claire thank you. Like the idea of a meet and greet.

Stacey xx
Funny that, I am a vehicle technician , moneypen's hubby is a car sprayer and so is Quill from Karrenjc.
Old Mar 24th 2006, 9:53 am
BE Enthusiast

stacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sean trethewey
Funny that, I am a vehicle technician , moneypen's hubby is a car sprayer and so is Quill from Karrenjc.
Every time i look on the job search there are always paint sprayers on there which is reassuring. My husband works for Ford does any one know if there is an equivalent over in Robina or its surronding areas.

Stacey xx

Last edited by stacey and jordan; Mar 24th 2006 at 9:59 am.
Old Mar 24th 2006, 10:00 am
Forum Regular

sean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nice

Every time i look on the job search there are always jobs on there which is reassuring. My husband works for Ford is there an equivalent over in Robina.

Stacey xx
Think so, again ask Karrenjc, there is loads of dealers in the Southport area, it's worth emailing a few as i did and have secured employment.
Ford is huge in Australia so you shouldn't have a problem.
Old Mar 24th 2006, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

Every time i look on the job search there are always paint sprayers on there which is reassuring. My husband works for Ford does any one know if there is an equivalent over in Robina or its surronding areas.

Stacey xx
http://www.bobbinkssurfside.com.au It's in Miami which is very close to Robina
Old Mar 24th 2006, 10:07 am
BE Enthusiast

stacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond repute

Think so, again ask Karrenjc, there is loads of dealers in the Southport area, it's worth emailing a few as i did and have secured employment.
Ford is huge in Australia so you shouldn't have a problem.
I will do that, i didn't realise you could email and ask if there is any job vacancies we aren't going over until next year. I will pm Karrenjc and ask about Ford. When are you going? and will you start work straight away when you get there.

Stacey xx
Old Mar 24th 2006, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

I will do that, i didn't realise you could email and ask if there is any job vacancies we aren't going over until next year. I will pm Karrenjc and ask about Ford. When are you going? and will you start work straight away when you get there.

Stacey xx
Were going in July-August this year, i will start after three weeks, My employer has been great even going to lend me a car for a while. I sent them an email with my CV and they asked me to phone, that was it job offered and i have spoke to them a few times now about conditions and it sounds ok, even if it sucks it's a start.
Old Mar 24th 2006, 10:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Were going in July-August this year, i will start after three weeks, My employer has been great even going to lend me a car for a while. I sent them an email with my CV and they asked me to phone, that was it job offered and i have spoke to them a few times now about conditions and it sounds ok, even if it sucks it's a start.
I will tell the husband when he gets home and get him to start emailing.

Thank you again.

Stacey xx
Old Mar 24th 2006, 10:54 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Hi we have decided we like the look of Robina. Even though we have only just sent off our visa application we have been looking for houses to rent for me and my husband and our 3 children. Has any one else rented in Robina that could point me in the right direction. Can you rent fully furnished because what i have found doesn't mention this.

Stacey xx
Hi Stacey
I like the Robina area a lot. There are many different parts to it - the older houses which tend to be built on larger blocks, and the newer areas. The Gallery is a lovely area, but the houses are a bit more expensive there.

When we first came to Australia we rented in varsity and it was a lovely complex with fully furnished apartments right near to Bond Uni.

Reedy Creek is also a very nice area to have a look at.

We will be moving back to the Robina area shortly.
Old Mar 24th 2006, 11:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was Kent, UK...now Pacific Pines Gold Coast and loving it
sonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud of

Hi thank you, we chose Robina as we had seen it's name come up so many times on Expats and what we heard we liked. When we have done a job search there has always been plenty of jobs (my husbands a vehicle paint sprayer). We are looking for furnished as i am abit worried as when we go my youngest will only be 18 months. Got your pm Claire thank you. Like the idea of a meet and greet.

Stacey xx
Hi Stacey,

Don't worry about your baby, we picked up a travel cot for $100 from Target and ours is 19 months and sleep fine until his real cot arrives in a few weeks. We've been on the GC for 4 weeks now and rent (unfurnished) in Pacific Pines. Robina is nice, we have been down there a few times, but as others have said it all great on the GC, we didn't find a single area we wouldn't live in after trawling through the web pages. Only thing I would say is make sure the previuos tenants have moved out and the place is clean before you move in, we had a few interesting conversations with LJ Hooker (rental agency) regarding our moving day.

Good luck

Judith
Old Mar 24th 2006, 11:38 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

No he's not. He's a mechanic Somat to do with broom brooms anyway
Old Mar 24th 2006, 1:30 pm
Just Joined

princebatswater is an unknown quantity at this point

I think you will struggle to rent furnished in Robina. When we first arrived, we rented a holiday let in Mermaid Beach for a few months and then bought in Robina once the dull routine of employment, school, shopping etc was established.

I've just re-read that. It sounds really negative doesn't it? Don't worry. It's just sardonic old me. Even though it's raining outside now, it beats the trolleys of old England.

Do you want this fish?

Well?

DO YOU?

Well bloody get on with it then, you're a long time dead you know.......
Old Mar 24th 2006, 3:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by princebatswater
I think you will struggle to rent furnished in Robina. When we first arrived, we rented a holiday let in Mermaid Beach for a few months and then bought in Robina once the dull routine of employment, school, shopping etc was established.

I've just re-read that. It sounds really negative doesn't it? Don't worry. It's just sardonic old me. Even though it's raining outside now, it beats the trolleys of old England.

Do you want this fish?

Well?

DO YOU?

Well bloody get on with it then, you're a long time dead you know.......

Thank you
Old Mar 24th 2006, 3:40 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Robina

Originally Posted by moneypen20
No he's not. He's a mechanic Somat to do with broom brooms anyway
Sorry, stupid me i knew he was mechanic, i must be losing the plot.
Old Mar 25th 2006, 4:19 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, stupid me i knew he was mechanic, i must be losing the plot.
Old Mar 25th 2006, 4:57 am
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute

in a mini hijack....

meant to be starting studies in robina at the beginning of next year. how long (guestimate) to drive from the gabba to robina (or reverse)???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.