Robina

Old Mar 25th 2006, 6:03 am
Forum Regular

jo_west has a brilliant futurejo_west has a brilliant futurejo_west has a brilliant futurejo_west has a brilliant futurejo_west has a brilliant futurejo_west has a brilliant future
Default Re: Robina

Originally Posted by stacey and jordan
Hi we have decided we like the look of Robina. Even though we have only just sent off our visa application we have been looking for houses to rent for me and my husband and our 3 children. Has any one else rented in Robina that could point me in the right direction. Can you rent fully furnished because what i have found doesn't mention this.

Stacey xx
Hi Stacey,

Robina is nice, close to most things on the Gold Coast. We live in a place called Mudgeeraba, about 5 minutes from Robina, and it' s great, we have access to everywhere, but furthur enough away to enjoy the hinterland.

Goodluck with the Visa Application.

Jo
Old Mar 25th 2006, 9:53 am
BE Enthusiast

stacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sean trethewey
Think so, again ask Karrenjc, there is loads of dealers in the Southport area, it's worth emailing a few as i did and have secured employment.
Ford is huge in Australia so you shouldn't have a problem.
Can any one tell me how far Southport is from Robina. How long it would take in the car.

Stacey xx
Old Mar 25th 2006, 10:07 am
Just Joined

princebatswater is an unknown quantity at this point

Can any one tell me how far Southport is from Robina. How long it would take in the car.

Stacey xx
Not far. It depends on the time of day. Weekend; 15 mins. Commuting time-slot, could be around 30. As people will testify, the traffic lights round here are buggers. They seem to stay on red for ages and if you're unlucky enough to get a few of them, it can double your journey time.

PBW
Old Mar 25th 2006, 10:32 am
BE Enthusiast

stacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond repute

Can any one tell me what Southport is like?

Stacey xx
Old Mar 26th 2006, 4:32 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

I leave Robina at 7 am and get to work in Southport ( Southport/ Nerang road ) at 20 past and its the same coming home, may be a little more traffic on Fridays but not much. There are a couple of furnished homes in the paper but plenty of unfurnished which are of course cheaper. On the job front i was offered a job at the first place i went to and i am still there. Have been offered a few more jobs while i was testing the market but not for the same money straight away and this was no good as we were going for a mortgage at the time. Quill
Old Mar 26th 2006, 4:36 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

Can any one tell me what Southport is like?

Stacey xx
Southport was one of the first established areas on the GC but it has moved to being more industrial. It still has plenty of residential areas with a lot of Queenslander style homes.
Old Mar 26th 2006, 4:39 am
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=sean trethewey]Were going in July-August this year,
So this gives me plenty of time to save up for the beer then.
I asked at work about euro-cartwright and one of my bosses said it was a new place being set up and looks the business and he said only a couple of minutes from the beach so not a bad way to spend your lunch break .Quill
Old Mar 26th 2006, 4:58 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karenjc
Southport was one of the first established areas on the GC but it has moved to being more industrial. It still has plenty of residential areas with a lot of Queenslander style homes.
There is lots of work going on to make Southport more desirable to live in. Paul and Nic (Diddy not the other ones) live in Southport and like it as it is busier than lots of places but others don't like it for the same reasons
Old Mar 26th 2006, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

sean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nice

[QUOTE=karenjc]
Were going in July-August this year,
I asked at work about euro-cartwright and one of my bosses said it was a new place being set up and looks the business and he said only a couple of minutes from the beach so not a bad way to spend your lunch break .Quill
Cheers Quill, quick surf for lunch sounds great, as for the beer money I'm saving to mate as i owe you several.
Old Mar 26th 2006, 11:04 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
There is lots of work going on to make Southport more desirable to live in. Paul and Nic (Diddy not the other ones) live in Southport and like it as it is busier than lots of places but others don't like it for the same reasons

Yep we like Southport. From where we live you can walk to the Broadwater swimming area, Australia Fair, pubs, library, kindy and even Main Beach. The downside to it is that Southport really caters for young professionals and retiree's so there's stacks of apartments and units to choose from but not too many houses. Those that still exist are quite pricey and as a family with small kids we would like to have a garden for them to run around in.

It would be possible to get this in one of the suburbs but we tried living in Helensvale but found that having never lived in Surburbia in the UK, it really wasn't for us in Oz either.

I personally could never live in Robina or somewhere like Pacific Pines. Both places have lovely houses and everything you could need and want but I find them too sterile. I want to live somewhere where you get the full mix of life even if some of it is quite dodgy or rough. Again I'm not knocking places like Robina as many on here love it.

Paul.
Old Mar 27th 2006, 6:42 am
BE Forum Addict

In conversation today with my boss he reckons that industry will be pushed further out of Southport and more IT, office type of work will replace it.
Old Mar 27th 2006, 6:40 pm
Off to Goldy on my own!!!

sreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to all

[QUOTE=karenjc]
Were going in July-August this year,
Hi to everyone.Well to introduce my self,I currently work in the same dealership as Sean, Mumfords.Sean on the Renault side i work in the Nissan side.Currently goin through visa process.Hoping to be on the Goldy early next year.Really just trying to make friends,also does anyone know what gold coast Nissan's like?????As looks like I have a job there.
thanks for any replies
Steve