Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Recent Quotes for Shipping?

Recent Quotes for Shipping?

Old Feb 7th 2006, 11:37 am
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recent Quotes for Shipping?

Originally Posted by pom plumber
Try Anglo-Pacific - saw one of their men last week at a meeting and he told us that they would try and match prices with other companies as long as the other companies were covered by FIDI and BAR. (tel 020 8838 8081)
I would have tried them but they get a real bad write up on here.

It seems the figures we are being quoted are around £4k (give or take), I wonder why we are getting more expensive quotes considering we are near the docks (either Felixstowe or Tilbury). Seems no logic to me!!
Old Feb 7th 2006, 11:43 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield
I would have tried them but they get a real bad write up on here.

It seems the figures we are being quoted are around £4k (give or take), I wonder why we are getting more expensive quotes considering we are near the docks (either Felixstowe or Tilbury). Seems no logic to me!!
I'm going with them from other peoples rrecommendations..all get good/bad...anyway there sending us a quote on Thursday..
Old Feb 7th 2006, 11:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Gravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond repute

We are still waiting for 3 quotes to come back. Once we have them all we will decide who to go with and which one gives us the best value.

If it's not the cheapest quote we will see if they will price match.

At the moment Doree Bonner are favourite.

Graham
Old Feb 7th 2006, 12:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ransi
I'm going with them from other peoples rrecommendations..all get good/bad...anyway there sending us a quote on Thursday..
You're right they do all get good and bad, I reckon that it all depends on who you get to do the packing (the packing crew). I'm sure that Anglo wouldn't be trading if they were so bad.
Old Feb 8th 2006, 7:20 pm
reallywanabeeaussie

dmb357 is on a distinguished road

Hi
We are presently getting quotes in for shipping our stuff from Suffolk to the Sunshine Coast. We had a bit of a shock today when Crown quoted us £5245 + 4.2% for insurance (for a sole use 20' container), they quoted this without coming to see us (seemed reluctant to send someone out)

Does anyone have a recent quote so we can compare? we are waiting for John Mason's to come back and we have a quote from a local company for £3750 (for 1200 cu ft)
We don't have a quote for a container but we used PSS and our stuff has just arrived out in Oz. Very quick and efficient and no breakages. I'm very happy with them.
Old Feb 8th 2006, 7:27 pm
td1
Forum Regular

td1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud of

Hi,

At the same stage as you.It seems to be a total nightmare!!! Just wondered if you had the e-mail for Crown as I couldn't find it.

Thanks
Old Feb 8th 2006, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

terrym is just really niceterrym is just really niceterrym is just really niceterrym is just really niceterrym is just really niceterrym is just really niceterrym is just really niceterrym is just really niceterrym is just really nice

We're using John Masons, stuff is due to arrive in Brisbane on 4th March. We've got a 2 footer, sole use, £3,300 with insurance at 2% of insured amount.

We had loads of quotes, the highest was nearly £5k.

Removal salesmen are the same as any direct salesmen, double glazing etc, ie: the price they quote isn't the price you can get it for! Mason's came down on price, even thogh they were already pretty good, and they reduced the insurance % to win our business.

We were happy with the price agreed, and so far they have been excellent and done everything they said they would.

I'm sure I could have found cheaper, but then I may have been on here in March bitching about poor service etc.

We looked at it this way; A fair price to ship your life to the other side of the world, some things can't get replaced with insurance.

T
Old Feb 8th 2006, 10:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by terrym
We're using John Masons, stuff is due to arrive in Brisbane on 4th March. We've got a 2 footer, sole use, £3,300 with insurance at 2% of insured amount.

We had loads of quotes, the highest was nearly £5k.

Removal salesmen are the same as any direct salesmen, double glazing etc, ie: the price they quote isn't the price you can get it for! Mason's came down on price, even thogh they were already pretty good, and they reduced the insurance % to win our business.

We were happy with the price agreed, and so far they have been excellent and done everything they said they would.

I'm sure I could have found cheaper, but then I may have been on here in March bitching about poor service etc.

We looked at it this way; A fair price to ship your life to the other side of the world, some things can't get replaced with insurance.

T
Hi, just noticed that you were from Chelmsford, is Queensland nicer than Essex?

I'm gonna call people up this week and try and get the prices down a bit, tell them I have a budget of around £3k, see what I can get them down too :-))
Old Feb 8th 2006, 10:37 pm
Forum Regular

terrym is just really niceterrym is just really niceterrym is just really niceterrym is just really niceterrym is just really niceterrym is just really niceterrym is just really niceterrym is just really niceterrym is just really nice

[QUOTE=kevinbloomfield]Hi, just noticed that you were from Chelmsford, is Queensland nicer than Essex?

Eeerh, seems to be, we've only been here a week, but so far so good.

The weathers a hell of a lot better I can tell you that much

T
Old Feb 9th 2006, 10:43 am
Forum Regular

sherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nice

[QUOTE=terrym]
Hi, just noticed that you were from Chelmsford, is Queensland nicer than Essex?

Eeerh, seems to be, we've only been here a week, but so far so good.

The weathers a hell of a lot better I can tell you that much

T

My son says Queensland is HEAVEN compared to Melbourne, Chelmsford, Essex, UK!!!!
.....hubbie was born there in Chelmsford and thinks the whole of the UK is cold and negative, just can't compare it to our new life on the Gold Coast.

Totally different life, more relaxed, people way more friendly and helpful, hot weather most of the year, lots of barbis, beaches, surfing etc,

You won't wanta go back to Chelmsford I can asure you!!
Old Feb 9th 2006, 2:26 pm
lotte

charlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nice

Hi everybody,
have just read this thread with great interest & just wanted to ask - how far ahead are you getting these quotes? Have you all got your visa's yet? or are hoping to get them soon?

Thanks!
Lotte
Old Feb 9th 2006, 2:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by charlotte
Hi everybody,
have just read this thread with great interest & just wanted to ask - how far ahead are you getting these quotes? Have you all got your visa's yet? or are hoping to get them soon?

Thanks!
Lotte
Hi Lotte

We have our visas and we have 3 quotes in for shipping (Mason's, PSS and Glasswells). We are now waiting for Doree Bonner.
How far are you on in the visa process?
Old Feb 9th 2006, 3:39 pm
lotte

charlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nice

Hi Lotte

We have our visas and we have 3 quotes in for shipping (Mason's, PSS and Glasswells). We are now waiting for Doree Bonner.
How far are you on in the visa process?
Hi Kevin,
not far enough! We are hoping to get the DIMIA paperwork in by the end of Feb, then its 6-9 months for a visa (we of course hope for 2 months!). We are trying to work out when to put the house on the market, and fingers crossed get to Melbourne this year!!
When are you off? and where are you going?? Good luck with it all too!!
Old Feb 9th 2006, 3:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by charlotte
Hi Kevin,
not far enough! We are hoping to get the DIMIA paperwork in by the end of Feb, then its 6-9 months for a visa (we of course hope for 2 months!). We are trying to work out when to put the house on the market, and fingers crossed get to Melbourne this year!!
When are you off? and where are you going?? Good luck with it all too!!
Well good luck, though you don't need luck if you meet all the requirements.

We are hoping to be off ASAP, we need to sell our house 1st though. We are going to the Sunshine Coast (Buderim / Mountain Creek)
Old Feb 14th 2006, 12:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold

Hi there I got a quote yesterday from a company in Wakefield who will collect it from our door and deliver it to the port in Queensland. This was for a 20 foot container and it was about £1500 plus insurance.
If we wanted 10 cubic feet (about the size of a transit van) this would be about £800 plus insurance.
Good luck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.