Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Realistic amount of money to take to Oz?

Realistic amount of money to take to Oz?

Old Feb 26th 2008, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

paul76 has a brilliant futurepaul76 has a brilliant futurepaul76 has a brilliant futurepaul76 has a brilliant futurepaul76 has a brilliant futurepaul76 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Realistic amount of money to take to Oz?

I will only get on a plane bound for Ozz when my flat was sold.

All when that times comes...if i pass the TRA
Old Feb 26th 2008, 8:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

crocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud of

We would love to take £1000'000, but unfortunately we won't be, but you know what, whatever we go with it will have to be enough.

All homes have their budget, which they have to stick by and we all get by.

Reckon it will probably take a while to get used to the currency etc and the different costs of living etc, and then the old budget mode can get cracking again.

Good Luck
Old Feb 27th 2008, 5:26 am
BE Enthusiast

DEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by crocodileseamus
We would love to take £1000'000, but unfortunately we won't be, but you know what, whatever we go with it will have to be enough.

All homes have their budget, which they have to stick by and we all get by.

Reckon it will probably take a while to get used to the currency etc and the different costs of living etc, and then the old budget mode can get cracking again.

Good Luck
Here Here Croc !!!

Well said.

Donna.
Old Feb 28th 2008, 2:03 am
Just Joined

dwong232 is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear all,

I am not from UK as most of you are (I am from Singapore) but do let me add in my thoughts.

Am at the final stage now (waiting for case officer for final decision) and I plan to bring about $15k AUD there (only about 6500 pounds) to last me until I find a job in Perth.

I would be by myself (no kids, wife is staying behind in Singapore UNTIL I find a decent job) so I will have to get by. Probably get a part-time / casual job as soon as I land to tide me over (also to learn the Aussie way of life). Going to stay in a hostel for the first week or two and move to a rented room later.

I really think it is like an adventure....limited funds, new life to explore out of my comfort zone. Don't even intend to buy a car for a start.