Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Rate this job offer

Rate this job offer

Old Sep 18th 2010, 7:58 am
Forum Regular

the_gripmaster will become famous soon enoughthe_gripmaster will become famous soon enough
Default Rate this job offer

How would you rate this job: an APS 6 level IT job in a government company (based in Melbourne) paying 75k plus 15.4% super?

Assume you have 8 years of work experience in the (IT) field.

Last edited by the_gripmaster; Sep 18th 2010 at 8:53 am. Reason: clarification of super
Old Sep 18th 2010, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

the_gripmaster will become famous soon enoughthe_gripmaster will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Rate this job offer

Originally Posted by the_gripmaster
How would you rate this job: an APS 6 level IT job in a government company (based in Melbourne) paying 75k with 15.4% super?

Rate it on a scale of 1 (min) to 10 (max). 10 implying very good.

Last edited by the_gripmaster; Sep 18th 2010 at 8:46 am.
Old Sep 18th 2010, 8:36 am
BE Enthusiast

tartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond repute

I'm confused, what are we supposed to be rating? Is "1" bad and "10" good?
Old Sep 18th 2010, 8:48 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tartankoala
I'm confused, what are we supposed to be rating? Is "1" bad and "10" good?
10 = very good
Old Sep 18th 2010, 8:49 am
BE Enthusiast

njk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of light

APS is a gravy train worth getting on. Allegedly.
Old Sep 18th 2010, 10:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

itxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of light

5. I work in Sydney but with 8 yrs experience should be on more than that - I'd think. I got 11 and should be on about 110k if I was permie. Maybe victoria is cheaper and salaries are a bit lower
Old Sep 19th 2010, 12:10 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

How would you rate this job: an APS 6 level IT job in a government company (based in Melbourne) paying 75k plus 15.4% super?

I wouldn't take it. There might be immigrants working there and we know how you don't like them.
Old Sep 19th 2010, 2:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dorothy
I wouldn't take it. There might be immigrants working there and we know how you don't like them.
Great advice. Thank you.
Old Sep 19th 2010, 2:10 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by itxrd
5. I work in Sydney but with 8 yrs experience should be on more than that - I'd think. I got 11 and should be on about 110k if I was permie. Maybe victoria is cheaper and salaries are a bit lower
What if this 8 year experience includes 7 years of foreign experience and 1 year of Australian experience?
Old Sep 19th 2010, 2:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Looking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant future

where were your foreign years?
Old Sep 19th 2010, 2:58 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Looking forward to Oz
where were your foreign years?
Bangladesh.

(Tertiary qualification received from a British university)
Old Sep 19th 2010, 7:50 am
BE Enthusiast

itxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Ha ha
Old Sep 19th 2010, 7:51 am
BE Enthusiast

What if this 8 year experience includes 7 years of foreign experience and 1 year of Australian experience?
Maybe less then. They are 'racist' against Indians. But its quite funny as having read some of your posts sounds like you are a bit racist yourself .
Old Sep 19th 2010, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by itxrd
Maybe less then. They are 'racist' against Indians. But its quite funny as having read some of your posts sounds like you are a bit racist yourself .
Hahahah. Ok. Depends how you perceive things .
Old Sep 19th 2010, 10:09 am
BE Enthusiast

markbhx has a spectacular aura aboutmarkbhx has a spectacular aura aboutmarkbhx has a spectacular aura about

Sorry mate but 8 years experience should be at least 100K + super + medical. I would reject that job without question, sounds like they are trying to screw you over.

I have 15 years IT experience in my field and wouldnt accept anything less than 140K + benefits.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.