Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Random Breath Tests

Random Breath Tests

Old Jan 4th 2009, 10:12 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Random Breath Tests

Was tested on christmas eve on Oxford St in Sydney at around 10.30pm. They have weird devices here. you just count into it instead of blow. Luckily i knew how to count to 10.
Old Jan 4th 2009, 10:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Nick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to behold

Lots of booze buses in adelaide that operate sat and sunday morning til 11 to catch you from the night before..
Great idea - makes you think twice.
Old Jan 4th 2009, 10:40 am
BE Enthusiast

BigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud of

been tested 12 times in 11 months
Old Jan 4th 2009, 10:58 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's a great idea - stopped 4 times (twice after a late shift at 23.30) - incredibly there was a news piece in the local paper about people complaining about their cars that they have to abandon being vandalised and wanting the police to take responsibility
Old Jan 4th 2009, 11:32 am
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sme
I think it's a great idea - stopped 4 times (twice after a late shift at 23.30) - incredibly there was a news piece in the local paper about people complaining about their cars that they have to abandon being vandalised and wanting the police to take responsibility
Always gonna get those, blame someone else etc.... been meaning to PM you to see how Ella is ! Hope all is good with the family!
Old Jan 4th 2009, 12:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

homewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud of

I've been breath tested twice in 6 months... once outside a school on a side street which really surprised me at 9.30am .... the lady copper said 'have you had a drink this morning' I replied 'What? For breakfast???' - she laughed.... and all was good.

Then was tested on the 23rd December in a different spot - again fine.

They always make me nervous even though i dont drink and drive but they seem very friendly over here and have a sense of humour so enjoy the banter :-)
Old Jan 4th 2009, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

571090 is just really nice571090 is just really nice571090 is just really nice571090 is just really nice571090 is just really nice571090 is just really nice571090 is just really nice571090 is just really nice571090 is just really nice571090 is just really nice

the police seem to be very much on the ball regarding breath testing , it will make people think twice [ including myself ] regarding having a beer after work , then driving the morning after , i dont think i will be using mouth wash any more either ,does anybody know the tolerence difference between the uk and oz , cheers .
Old Jan 5th 2009, 1:39 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paddy_M
I also think it's a great idea.
Also wish they did it in the UK...would surely act as a great deterrent
I don't think the police in the UK have anywhere near enough staff to do this on a regular basis...

S
Old Jan 5th 2009, 1:46 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

My wife breath tests me every night,to check i didnt mistake the pub for the gym
Old Jan 5th 2009, 1:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Pommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by 571090
does anybody know the tolerence difference between the uk and oz , cheers .
0.05 in Oz
0.08 in UK
Old Jan 5th 2009, 2:09 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pomster
I was annoyed to read in the paper today that some supposedly famous bloke (Dermot Brereton) was pissed on NYE, so got a bike out the back of his car and rode home. Surely this is also illegal? If he fell off and under someone's wheels, how would the other person feel. Can't understand why this was held up as a 'good thing"

Surely a drunk driver is 1000's of times more dangerous to the public, that a drunk cyclist? Choosing to cycle home, instead of driving, seems to be pretty sensible to me. (using public transport or taxi would be the best option though).

cheers
Old Jan 5th 2009, 2:11 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markallwood
Surely a drunk driver is 1000's of times more dangerous to the public, that a drunk cyclist? Choosing to cycle home, instead of driving, seems to be pretty sensible to me. (using public transport or taxi would be the best option though).

cheers

The UK has an offence of drunk in charge of a pedal cycle (and in charge of a horse). I'm sure that over-governed Australia has something similar...

S
Old Jan 5th 2009, 2:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

Only time I have been RBT'd was when out on my boat - stopped by the water police on a Saturday lunch time....its the same limit for driving a boat as car.

I would never go to the pub and then get in my car, but driving the morning after does worry me, especially the lower limit between UK and Oz.

A friend of ours blew exactly 0.05 the morning after. He went to court and the judge put him on a good driving order rather than a ban because he needs to drive for work and he was so near the limit.
Old Jan 5th 2009, 3:00 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

Been tested four times in four years here in Oz but not once back in England. I was tested twice in one night a few years ago on Ipswich Road once going in to Brisbane CBD to drop the missus at her xmas party and then tested again coming out on Ipswich Road after picking her up many hours later. Im sad to say that drink driving seems to not carry the stigma it should in Oz and I know far to many people who openly admit to it.
Old Jan 5th 2009, 3:05 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

I have driven past lots of RBTs but never been stopped. I guess my car is too boring and the targetting is not quite that random.

I used to cycle drunk as a student but have since grown up and found taxis much easier. 2 small children are also a great deterrent to any drinking as they provide better torture than Guantanamo to the hungover.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.