Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Rabbit Proof Fence

Rabbit Proof Fence

Old Jan 16th 2004, 9:40 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

They actually thought they were doing the right thing. Horrible to think such well meaning actions had such disruptive and horrible outcomes. There were also children taken away from UK families and taken to Australia. A lot of them suffered abuse at the hands of church schools. I will dig up some details.
Old Jan 16th 2004, 10:54 pm
Chillin out in WA

brisbec will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by bondipom
They actually thought they were doing the right thing. Horrible to think such well meaning actions had such disruptive and horrible outcomes. There were also children taken away from UK families and taken to Australia. A lot of them suffered abuse at the hands of church schools. I will dig up some details.
and it's also sad that aboriginals were willing to help the british "raj" in finding these girls.

I noticed at the end of the film how the se girls managed to escape quite a number of times but were still made to go back to that shithole to learn crap!!!

Makes me embarrassed to be British!!!!
Old Jan 16th 2004, 11:07 pm
Forum Regular

Barbara 2003 is an unknown quantity at this point

Great film. Shocking and amazing story. I cried 5 minutes into it.
Old Jan 16th 2004, 11:23 pm
Forum Regular

mozzie will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Rabbit Proof Fence

Originally posted by Ceri
Whoo hoo.. I've just said something good about Australia (mind you I think it was an American director if I'm not very much mistaken - they have a doc at the end of the film.. showing the making of it.)
Yes, you are very much mistaken. The director was Phil Noyce, very much an Aussie, although he has worked in Hollywood.
Old Jan 16th 2004, 11:35 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Doris Pilkington: Follow the Rabbit-proof Fence