Rabbit Proof Fence

Old Jan 16th 2004, 4:03 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Rabbit Proof Fence

http://www.guardian.co.uk/australia/...124256,00.html

Has anyone seen the film?
Old Jan 16th 2004, 4:09 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all
Default Re: Rabbit Proof Fence

Originally posted by bondipom

Yes, this film is one of the very few Aussie films that I have enjoyed (it's a true story) , I do recommend you going to rent it. I watched it a few months back, it's in the weekly rentals (not overnight) as it's been out for quite some time... so it's pretty cheap to rent

Whoo hoo.. I've just said something good about Australia (mind you I think it was an American director if I'm not very much mistaken - they have a doc at the end of the film.. showing the making of it.)

Last edited by Ceri; Jan 16th 2004 at 4:13 am.
Old Jan 16th 2004, 4:12 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

Not seen it yet but have heard that it is really good viewing.
Old Jan 16th 2004, 4:14 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by DianeOZ
Not seen it yet but have heard that it is really good viewing.
I do recommend it if you like true stories and a bit of Aus history.

cheers
Old Jan 16th 2004, 4:24 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Find Jigalong: Map WA.
Attached Thumbnails Rabbit Proof Fence-jigalong.jpg  
Old Jan 16th 2004, 5:01 am
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of

Yes Really enjoyed it!
Old Jan 16th 2004, 6:36 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

It is a v good film and was a good introduction to Australia history, especially as the film was shown on the flight for my first visit to Oz 2 yrs ago. (now have it on DVD)

The distance treked really had meaning by the time it took the plane to fly roughly along the coast of WA to Perth, and then the 20hr coach journey in WA - and they walked these kind of distances
Old Jan 16th 2004, 6:38 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, as others have said, an excellent movie.

Didnt look at the link, but I presume its an article about her as she died earlier this week.
Old Jan 16th 2004, 6:39 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
Yes, as others have said, an excellent movie.

Didnt look at the link, but I presume its an article about her as she died earlier this week.
Don't worry it isn't more recipes.
Old Jan 16th 2004, 6:44 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Don't worry it isn't more recipes.
LOL, I just replied to the thread before I looked instead of the other way around. I watched a segment on the ABC last night about her which is why I made the assumption about the link .
Old Jan 16th 2004, 7:18 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Megalania
Find Jigalong: Map WA.
I'm expecting to really 'enjoy' this movie. I think it's out on video/dvd here around now, so I really have to remember to rent it. It wasn't in many cinema's here, so not nearby enough.

I think I'll also like it because I actually lived around there for a while (yes, and proud of it, the experience was great even though I was only 9/10) Where we lived is just a bit to the north on this map. Bonney downs I know. And Newman we went shopping.
Old Jan 16th 2004, 7:37 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

It's a great film. Watched, got to the end and then watched it again straightaway.
Old Jan 16th 2004, 10:25 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bundy
It's a great film. Watched, got to the end and then watched it again straightaway.
Lovely film - rates a 2 1/2 Kleenex!
Old Jan 16th 2004, 10:30 am
Re mem mem member

loose will become famous soon enough

Yeah its a good film, watched ages ago with my young lady, just us 2 in the whole cinema. She cried buckets - its powerful and all the more so as its true.

If you like this movie look out for "Black & White" out soon. Another Aussie flick, based on th etrue story of a white lawyer defending an aborigine years ago. Stars Robert Carlysle and an indegenous actor who's name escapes me, but he got fantastic reviews.

(move over Johnathan Ross )
Old Jan 16th 2004, 10:45 am
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

A brilliant story.

It`s a shame it`s actually true. Quite disgusting what `rulers` of a country do to minority groups. America, Australia, South Africa, Rwanda, Zimbabwe....

Up until 30 or so years ago, the Catholic church was still stealing babies from indiginous families in North/South America and Australia, taking them half-way across the country and then saying to the police that they`d found them abandoned.... after which the police couldn`t locate any family (of course) and the Church was assigned to bring them up as good decent Catholics.

If you can`t interest the masses in religion... steal the children. Makes sense eh?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.