Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Question for the plumbers!

Question for the plumbers!

Old Jun 10th 2007, 1:20 am
Forum Regular

robowen will become famous soon enoughrobowen will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Question for the plumbers!

I've got the city and guilds 1,2 and 3 in plumbing.
I've got my ticket for unvented hot water and I've done the water regs course. Plus a couple of other smaller online health and safety courses.
Old Jun 11th 2007, 9:50 pm
Account Closed

Catch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by robowen
I've got the city and guilds 1,2 and 3 in plumbing.
I've got my ticket for unvented hot water and I've done the water regs course. Plus a couple of other smaller online health and safety courses.
sorry mate means bugger all here,your city and guilds will just scrape you a provisional licence , the rest bin it ,start doing a bit of digging, cause when you get here you sure will be
Old Jun 12th 2007, 8:04 am
Forum Regular

robowen will become famous soon enoughrobowen will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Catch
sorry mate means bugger all here,your city and guilds will just scrape you a provisional licence , the rest bin it ,start doing a bit of digging, cause when you get here you sure will be
Thanks for that ! It was very informative

Care to elaborate ?
Old Jun 13th 2007, 12:17 am
Account Closed

Catch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by robowen
Thanks for that ! It was very informative

Care to elaborate ?
beng a chap of few words i will elaborate as a plumber you will fit drains soakwells and storm water pipes, you will dig in your cold supply on tube outs, when doing a sani "2nd fix in uk" you will dig down to find your dry floor waste pipes, you will also probably dig a sleeve in the driveway for the retic guys. when working on copper you will never soft solder again, almost all pipes are brazed flared fittings are used on gas and many water fittings are also flared , ive been here for a year and i am running my own site of 30 houses, believe me mate for the first months you will have some stress. this time last i was sat in the uk thinking it would be a "walk in the park "