Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

medical in norwich

medical in norwich

Old Jan 15th 2007, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

Location: woodbridge suffolk hoping to go live northside brisbane
suffolk nuts has a brilliant futuresuffolk nuts has a brilliant futuresuffolk nuts has a brilliant futuresuffolk nuts has a brilliant futuresuffolk nuts has a brilliant futuresuffolk nuts has a brilliant future
Default medical in norwich

has anybody had there medical done at thorpewood medical group in norwich just wondered what they were like as we have are medicals with them on the 27th i tend to suffer from white coat syndrome i get really nervous and worked up and do you have to strip off :scared: thanks karen and rob
Old Jan 15th 2007, 11:06 am
Just Joined

blueisbest is a name known to allblueisbest is a name known to allblueisbest is a name known to allblueisbest is a name known to allblueisbest is a name known to allblueisbest is a name known to allblueisbest is a name known to allblueisbest is a name known to allblueisbest is a name known to allblueisbest is a name known to allblueisbest is a name known to all
Default Re: medical in norwich

Hi guys we are from Lowestoft and had our medicals done at thorpewood, everything was fine, we did have to strip but they didn't examine my breasts.
My hubby and son 12 also had to strip and the doctor did check down below, my daughter 10 didn't have to take her clothes off. I was in the room with the children. Hope this helps and I haven't forgot anything, we had ours done in Oct 06.
This is what we had done:
weight
height
eyetest (just read letters from a chart)
checked glands in throat and under armpits
reflexes (hit on the kneecap)
felt stomach
had to touch toes to check spine
checked heart with a stephoscope (spelling?) had to breathe in and out
Had blood tests
When we first got there we were given a bottle each and sent to the toilets to do a urine sample and you keep them with you and take them into the doctor with you to be tested.
We were told it was £365 for 2 adults, 2 children 12 & 10 but they only charged us £260 think they made a mistake though on that.
We had our xrays done at a different place 2 weeks earlier. They cost £90 adult, £45 children for 12 and over.

Anything else we can help you with please ask away.

Mel
Old Jan 15th 2007, 11:55 am
BE Enthusiast

marvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by blueisbest
Hi guys we are from Lowestoft and had our medicals done at thorpewood, everything was fine, we did have to strip but they didn't examine my breasts.
My hubby and son 12 also had to strip and the doctor did check down below, my daughter 10 didn't have to take her clothes off. I was in the room with the children. Hope this helps and I haven't forgot anything, we had ours done in Oct 06.
weight
height
felt stomach
Had blood tests
When we first got there we were given a bottle each and sent to the toilets to do a urine sample and you keep them with you and take them into the doctor with you to be tested.
We were told it was £365 for 2 adults, 2 children 12 & 10 but they only charged us £260 think they made a mistake though on that.
We had our xrays done at a different place 2 weeks earlier. They cost £90 adult, £45 children for 12 and over.

Mel
Hi Mel

Did they see you with your husband or were you seen seperately?
Old Jan 15th 2007, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

suffolk nuts has a brilliant futuresuffolk nuts has a brilliant futuresuffolk nuts has a brilliant futuresuffolk nuts has a brilliant futuresuffolk nuts has a brilliant futuresuffolk nuts has a brilliant future

hi mel thanks for reply that has set my mind at rest they told me on the phone that it would cost £365.00 for the four of us.hopefully they will charge us the same as they did for you? thanks karen and rob
Old Jan 15th 2007, 1:52 pm
Just Joined

blueisbest is a name known to allblueisbest is a name known to allblueisbest is a name known to allblueisbest is a name known to allblueisbest is a name known to allblueisbest is a name known to allblueisbest is a name known to allblueisbest is a name known to allblueisbest is a name known to allblueisbest is a name known to allblueisbest is a name known to all

Hi Marvinc

No, I was seen on my own first then they called the children one at a time then hubby went in on his own last.

Mel
Old Jan 15th 2007, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

parentsof2 is a jewel in the roughparentsof2 is a jewel in the roughparentsof2 is a jewel in the roughparentsof2 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by suffolk nuts
has anybody had there medical done at thorpewood medical group in norwich just wondered what they were like as we have are medicals with them on the 27th i tend to suffer from white coat syndrome i get really nervous and worked up and do you have to strip off :scared: thanks karen and rob
hello,

Can i ask you how far in advance you booked your medicals? We are hoping to get ours done at the end of February (in Norwich), but weren't sure when to make the appointment.

Good luck with the medical,

Karen
Old Jan 15th 2007, 2:50 pm
Forum Regular

foxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nice

Originally Posted by parentsof2
hello,

Can i ask you how far in advance you booked your medicals? We are hoping to get ours done at the end of February (in Norwich), but weren't sure when to make the appointment.

Karen
Hi,

I had my medicals done in Norwich (I left UK in November). I found it thorough but fine. The bloke was nice, but I had to strip down to underwear and then he did all the other stuff (as listed above) afterwards, so was in my pants the whole time and felt a bit uncomfortable. There was no breast examination though, and I was anxious about medical problems I have but he was happy with my v. basic description. I had Xrays done on Newmarket Road (50 quid) and had to take this with me to the docs for them to send off with the other forms.

HTH

Gemma
Old Jan 15th 2007, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by parentsof2
hello,

Karen
have you had your x-rays done as you have to take them with you to your medical ? have the dima requested you take your medicals?
Old Jan 15th 2007, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

parentsof2 is a jewel in the roughparentsof2 is a jewel in the roughparentsof2 is a jewel in the roughparentsof2 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by suffolk nuts
have you had your x-rays done as you have to take them with you to your medical ? have the dima requested you take your medicals?
Hello,
No we haven't had our x-rays yet. Are they done at the Bupa hospital? No-one has asked us to do the medicals - we thought we would frontload them.

Karen
Old Jan 15th 2007, 8:08 pm
Forum Regular

loubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really nice
Smile Re: medical in norwich

HIya, we will be done at thorpewoood too but not sent off visa application yet, but am interested in feedback. They used to be my gp's many moons ago and all were nice then! infact i did work experience there! we will be semi front loading so interested in the waiting times, thought i will probably pick up the phone and ask this week as i am on holiday from work! loux
Old Jan 15th 2007, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

Location: lived in halesworth in suffolk, now on the sunny coast qld
debreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to all

my goodness it seems as though lots of us from suffolk /norfolk still leaving uk ,
been here 3yrs now & we had our meds done in norwich all ok , i was worried bout my weight & the guy who did it had no sence of humour , we were also charged a lesser amount so we got outta there pretty quick lol .
anyway lots of luck to u all still going through it , im now trying to persuade my mum to follow us as she has been with us for 3 months & luvs it she leaves on monday .

xx debs xx
Old Jan 15th 2007, 10:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

harveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of light

And another

We left Norwich 3 years ago, but had meds done in London.
Anyone from Norwich/Lowestoft coming to Perth?

Di
Old Jan 16th 2007, 6:40 am
Just Joined

Hi Di

We are from Lowestoft and are coming to Perth, we are staying in Port Kennedy for 4 weeks in furnished rented while we look around at different areas. We are flying on 20th Feb on a 136 visa hubby is a brickie.

Mel

Last edited by blueisbest; Jan 16th 2007 at 6:42 am.
Old Jun 13th 2007, 12:32 pm
Just Joined

R.Sitch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by blueisbest
weight
height
felt stomach
Had blood tests

Mel

Nothing to do with medicals but the administer will not let me send personal messages unless I have submited 3 posts on this site so please ignore this post- All may become a little clearer soon.. this is my third post so will try again a PM