Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

In a quandary - UK or OZ

In a quandary - UK or OZ

Old May 2nd 2008, 1:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

mickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud of
Default Re: In a quandary - UK or OZ

Hi Helen

Glad you started this thread, I thought it was just me looking for excuses but really knowing that I am now bricking it after nearly 3 years in the waiting, having visa for 2 years and selling house since last august. We are due to exchange contracts in 2 - 3 weeks and I and my other half are starting to get into a slight state of panic. Havnt sorted anything and am not going to until exchange, just dont want to mess up anyones lives and having renovated a house to a very good standard we are scared we may never get the same again, never mind the exchange rate. Dropped the house 75K in the end, I think we all must be bonkers!

Good luck all.

Mick
Old May 2nd 2008, 1:53 pm
Forum Regular

helen roberts is just really nicehelen roberts is just really nicehelen roberts is just really nicehelen roberts is just really nicehelen roberts is just really nicehelen roberts is just really nicehelen roberts is just really nicehelen roberts is just really nice

Oooh, good luck, Mick. Really hope it all works out for you both.

Olivia, don't really want to think about saying goodbye to my Mum and Dad Just really hoping that they would come out on a regular basis (another good reason to have a decent amount of money - to buy a house big enough for them to stay for a good while!)

Helen
Old May 2nd 2008, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

laguna33p has a spectacular aura aboutlaguna33p has a spectacular aura aboutlaguna33p has a spectacular aura about

Just to note that leaving it longer may well reduce the points required to migrate due to age....just a thought.
Old May 2nd 2008, 4:41 pm
Citizen Of The World

benlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by helen roberts
Now back in the UK and trying (and failing like many others!) to sell our house. Already reduced the price by £20k.
Have you thought about letting the house rather than selling?

Cheers
Ben