QROPS Pensions

Old May 26th 2006, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

zerocash is an unknown quantity at this point
Default QROPS Pensions

Hi
Has anyone got a list of Superanuation companies that have QROPS status.
or has no company got it yet.
cheers
Old May 26th 2006, 10:02 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: QROPS Pensions

I've not seen one posted on here yet mate.

Actually there was one but it was a Self Managed Fund - Jumbo I think.
Old May 26th 2006, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

Hi Bix,
yes i saw that one, but did not know what company it was..
There must be some info somewhere.!!
Old May 26th 2006, 10:56 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zerocash
Hi Bix,
yes i saw that one, but did not know what company it was..
There's no Super company involved with the self managed funds.

Where we may have Sunsuper, AMP or whatever, his is effectively "Jumbos".

I scanted through the HMCM FAQs the other day and seem to remember reading they had no plans to publish a list of approved funds so it's a matter of keeping the ear to the ground I guess.
Old May 26th 2006, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

Sical is a jewel in the roughSical is a jewel in the roughSical is a jewel in the roughSical is a jewel in the roughSical is a jewel in the rough

[
Have spoken to a guy at I Rev re Pensions he is dealing with QROPS - they have given status to bout 10 companies and have about 10 more going through in the pipeline.

I have suggested to him twice that they publish a list on the IR website - but some jobsworth at higher level decided against this,

But if you email him with some companies he will confirm whether or not they have the status - To which I replied I would email a list of all Aus pension companies and he said - no thank you does not have the time - jus one or two please. - SO publish a blooody list then!!!!!!!!! - Is it me is is that just too sensible!.

anyway email is [email protected]

I will be emailing him at some point - but have a few months before need to transfer - so if anyone gets around to this before me keep us updated.

Hope this helps
x
Old May 29th 2006, 7:57 am
Forum Regular

I will try and call the IR also and see if a list can not be obtained..
your right a list would just be too easy.
cheers
Old May 29th 2006, 8:18 am
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sical

I have suggested to him twice that they publish a list on the IR website - but some jobsworth at higher level decided against this,

But if you email him with some companies he will confirm whether or not they have the status - To which I replied I would email a list of all Aus pension companies and he said - no thank you does not have the time - jus one or two please. - SO publish a blooody list then!!!!!!!!! - Is it me is is that just too sensible!.
Do you actually think they want to help you move your pension fund away Gordon's sweaty palms?
Old May 29th 2006, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

Suppose not LOL, but it need to be done, and yu only realy have 6 months when you get there to get it transfered. Unless that has changed too.
even worse my contracted out pension is 2 years behind cause the IR have not processed it yet. :scared:
Old May 29th 2006, 9:14 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Zero, after the 6 months you can still transfer but it is then taxable in Australia (15% I think)

However it's only on the growth element so if you are a few months over the 6 it probably wouldn't amount to much anyway.

I transferred after being here 18 months and paid no tax. The final salary scheme I was in had grown zilch in that time. In comparison my Aus Super made 15.4% and that is in one of the low risk categories.

One can never predict these things acurately but when they say never move a final salary scheme because it's guaranteed I would question that.
Old May 29th 2006, 7:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

selina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to behold

[
Have spoken to a guy at I Rev re Pensions he is dealing with QROPS - they have given status to bout 10 companies and have about 10 more going through in the pipeline.

I will be emailing him at some point - but have a few months before need to transfer - so if anyone gets around to this before me keep us updated.

Hope this helps
x
have just emailed that guy for a list of australian pension companies that have QROPS status. hopefully if more of us email him he may get soooo peeeed off with replying that he will have to publish a list. come on guys email him now!! selina
Old May 29th 2006, 8:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

john_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by selina
have just emailed that guy for a list of australian pension companies that have QROPS status. hopefully if more of us email him he may get soooo peeeed off with replying that he will have to publish a list. come on guys email him now!! selina
Could you imagine his inbox tomorrow..LOL
Old May 29th 2006, 10:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

sparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by zerocash
Hi
Has anyone got a list of Superanuation companies that have QROPS status.
or has no company got it yet.
cheers
Hiya
My pension is one of the things I have thought about but not really got round to planning anything about it yet. To get me started - What is QROPS status please?
Old May 30th 2006, 12:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

selina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to behold

[

Hope this helps
x
this is the reply i got from that guy

I am not allowed to give out the information you are requesting. However, if
there are a couple of specific pension schemes or pensions companies that
you have in mind, I will be able to tell you whether the scheme(s) in
question have 'QROPS' status.

yeh cheers thanks for nothing. i have just emailed him to ask why he is not allowed to give a list and who exactly is allowed.
Old May 30th 2006, 12:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

john_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by selina
this is the reply i got from that guy

I am not allowed to give out the information you are requesting. However, if
there are a couple of specific pension schemes or pensions companies that
you have in mind, I will be able to tell you whether the scheme(s) in
question have 'QROPS' status.

yeh cheers thanks for nothing. i have just emailed him to ask why he is not allowed to give a list and who exactly is allowed.
Do you have to email him with a specific company name so he can say yes or no then? FFS I thought Little Britain 'computer says no' was fictional!!
Dear Sir
Could you please inform me if any of the following companies have QROPS status ; ABP Investments * AIMA * Alpha Investment Management * AMP Capital Investors * Antipodean Capital Management * ASIC * Austock Alternative Investment * Austock Securities * Axiss Australia * BBY Limited * * Bennelong Group * BNP Paribus * BT Financial Group * Catholic Superannuation Fund * CSS/PSS * Citigroup Global Markets * Deutsche Bank * Dragon Capital * Ellerston Capital * Empyreal Investments Pty Ltd * Everest Capital Ltd * Fairfield Greenwich Group

Fidentia Capital Partners * GLL Investors, Inc. * Goldman Sachs Asset *

Gottex Funds Management * Hardel Capital * Hayberry Investments * Henry Davis York * HFA Research * HSBC * Interfinancial Ltd * Investor Select Advisors * K1 Global * Lava Trading * Lonsec * Macquarie Funds Management * Macquarie International Capital Advisors Pty Ltd * Mathews Capital Partners * Mechelle Securities Pty Ltd * Mellon Global Investments * Mercer Investment Consulting * MLR Capital * Management * Myer Family Office * Oria Capital Limited * Parly Company * Pentium Quantitative Fund * QIC * RAB Capital * Reserve Bank of Australia * Saltbush Absolute Return Fund * Saltbush Amalg Fund * Select Asset Management * Sequoia Capital Management * SG Asset Management (Australia) Pty Ltd * Statestreet * St. Helens Capital Pty Ltd * Suncorp Investment Management * Tactical Global Management Ltd * Tappenden Holdings * Tozai Investment Advisory

Tricom Equities Limited * Turnstone Asset Management * Victorian Funds Management Corporation * Watson Wyatt * Westpac Institutional Bank * X L Group * 36 South Investment Managers *

Last edited by john_w; May 30th 2006 at 12:28 pm.
Old May 30th 2006, 12:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by john_w
Do you have to email him with a specific company name so he can say yes or no then? FFS I thought Little Britain 'computer says no' was fictional!!
Dear Sir
Could you please inform me if any of the following companies have QROPS status ; ABP Investments * AIMA * Alpha Investment Management * AMP Capital Investors * Antipodean Capital Management * ASIC * Austock Alternative Investment * Austock Securities * Axiss Australia * BBY Limited * * Bennelong Group * BNP Paribus * BT Financial Group * Catholic Superannuation Fund * CSS/PSS * Citigroup Global Markets * Deutsche Bank * Dragon Capital * Ellerston Capital * Empyreal Investments Pty Ltd * Everest Capital Ltd * Fairfield Greenwich Group

Fidentia Capital Partners * GLL Investors, Inc. * Goldman Sachs Asset *

Gottex Funds Management * Hardel Capital * Hayberry Investments * Henry Davis York * HFA Research * HSBC * Interfinancial Ltd * Investor Select Advisors * K1 Global * Lava Trading * Lonsec * Macquarie Funds Management * Macquarie International Capital Advisors Pty Ltd * Mathews Capital Partners * Mechelle Securities Pty Ltd * Mellon Global Investments * Mercer Investment Consulting * MLR Capital * Management * Myer Family Office * Oria Capital Limited * Parly Company * Pentium Quantitative Fund * QIC * RAB Capital * Reserve Bank of Australia * Saltbush Absolute Return Fund * Saltbush Amalg Fund * Select Asset Management * Sequoia Capital Management * SG Asset Management (Australia) Pty Ltd * Statestreet * St. Helens Capital Pty Ltd * Suncorp Investment Management * Tactical Global Management Ltd * Tappenden Holdings * Tozai Investment Advisory

Tricom Equities Limited * Turnstone Asset Management * Victorian Funds Management Corporation * Watson Wyatt * Westpac Institutional Bank * X L Group * 36 South Investment Managers *
How about we all pick 3 in turn from the list?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.