Public or Private Schools

Public or Private Schools

Old Aug 6th 2007, 3:12 pm
Just Joined

southrick is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Public or Private Schools

Originally Posted by Brockies
Hey Southrick

Yeah my husband will be studying in Queensland Sunshine Coast to start in February 2008 for 2 years also. We were recommended a really good state school but there is a catchment area and the houses are very few and far between so I was just looking at my options. My kids are only 6 and 9!!

Are you looking forward to Melbourne in September?? How have you found trying to cost everything up with study fees, school fees, medicare and rent etc??

My children are 5 and 2!

I am taking a complete life change. New life, new career and new country!

Feel sick at the thought of it at the moment. But sure it's the right decision.

I am really looking forward to Melbourne, I chose the City for it's more Europan feel and the cooler climate. Though the Sunshine coast is wonderful and I'm ruling nothing out!

Ultimately, funding a family for 2 years is horrifically expensive. I try not to think too much about it and remember that it is an investment in my children's future.

Having said that, pound to dollar it's extrememly reasonable and I am fortunate enough to have my house rented which forms part of the costs.

I will hopefully send my children private for secondary education. It appears to be the done thing. But as long as you can find a good state primary, you shouldn't have any fears at that stage I think.

Rent appears to be Sophie's choice eh?

Save money in a smaller place or maintain a standard of living while you study?

Cruel and expensive.

Throw in your own study fees and the childrens study fees and healthcare....

Best not think about it...
Old Aug 7th 2007, 1:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

shazza is a jewel in the roughshazza is a jewel in the roughshazza is a jewel in the roughshazza is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Public or Private Schools

hi,does anyone know if in year 11 and 12 the kids sit highers like in the uk.my son just comleted GCSEs and would like to do highers to get into uni.
also is the catholic schools like in uk.
thanx sharonx