Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

stroller for child with seat, allowed ?

stroller for child with seat, allowed ?

Old Aug 6th 2007, 10:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

brissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nice
Default stroller for child with seat, allowed ?

we have looked on the singapore airlines website and it states you are allowed to take on a pushchair for an infant free of charge , as our child has just turned 3years old,we will be paying for a seat for her, so does this stil include children over say 2 years ,where they will be occupying a seat ? we wasnt going to take any pushchair for her, but my sis has informed me in oz a lot of kids use them til arund 4 years as there may be a lot of walking to do,so we decided to take one.

kels x
Old Aug 6th 2007, 11:35 pm
brisvegas

ridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud of
Default Re: stroller for child with seat, allowed ?

I am pretty sure a friend of a friend did just this and it was no problem. Best thing to do would be contact Singapore airines and ask them directly.
Old Aug 6th 2007, 11:37 pm

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ridds
I am pretty sure a friend of a friend did just this and it was no problem. Best thing to do would be contact Singapore airines and ask them directly.
We've always taken a buggy for one of ours when they've had a seat. It's invaluable for dumping everything on the handles so you've got your hands spare for duty free

I've never known an airline not let you take one.

Jules x
Old Aug 7th 2007, 3:37 am
Forum Regular

charb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant future

As above, we took a buggy & had paid for a seat. They generally take it off at the door of the plane.

As for 4 year olds still in them, I wish I could strap mine into one - it would make shopping a whole lot easier !!!
Old Aug 7th 2007, 8:12 am
BE Enthusiast

brissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nice

thanks for all your experiences,it's just that the last time we flown was may last year and she didnt have her own seat,,and it was to benidorm, she turned 3 last wednesday and we didnt take my eldest child abroad til she was 4 and a half and out of a pushchair,so dont know anything about what happens when they are old enough to have their own seat.

Thanks again kels x
Old Aug 7th 2007, 8:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by charb
As above, we took a buggy & had paid for a seat. They generally take it off at the door of the plane.

As for 4 year olds still in them, I wish I could strap mine into one - it would make shopping a whole lot easier !!!
i must admit when my sis told me that,i said she'd have to be walked off her feet to even consider going into it,im stuggling and pinning her down now to get her into it, we'll see how it goes though ,she would rather push it

kels x
Old Aug 7th 2007, 9:47 am

cinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by brissie-here-we-come
we have looked on the singapore airlines website and it states you are allowed to take on a pushchair for an infant free of charge , as our child has just turned 3years old,we will be paying for a seat for her, so does this stil include children over say 2 years ,where they will be occupying a seat ? we wasnt going to take any pushchair for her, but my sis has informed me in oz a lot of kids use them til arund 4 years as there may be a lot of walking to do,so we decided to take one.

kels x
Been twice with SIA with a pushchair and have not been charged. It is just checked in as part of your luggage.
Old Aug 7th 2007, 10:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cinderella
Been twice with SIA with a pushchair and have not been charged. It is just checked in as part of your luggage.
cheers for that x

kels x
Old Aug 7th 2007, 11:51 am

cinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud of

cheers for that x

kels x
Definately take it with you. Little one will need it. And great for carting things around in. LIKE SHOPPING!
Have a good trip.
Old Aug 7th 2007, 12:19 pm

snow-white is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cinderella
Definately take it with you. Little one will need it. And great for carting things around in. LIKE SHOPPING!
Have a good trip.
yes you can take a pushchair as long as the ones that fold small as poss. also been told to take car seats and that these and travel cot are allowed free as long as children are toddler age? anyone else been told this for singapore
Old Aug 7th 2007, 12:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

nurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant future

I certainly took a car seat and pushchair for mine and intend to do the same when we fly out for good (in Oct ). It was taken from me at the gate and reappeared - as if by magic at the other end. My little one is 3 and certainly needs to be in a buggy at time (heck he's still in nappies - but there lies another tale )

Lindsey
Old Aug 7th 2007, 1:12 pm

snow-white is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nurselindsey
I certainly took a car seat and pushchair for mine and intend to do the same when we fly out for good (in Oct ). It was taken from me at the gate and reappeared - as if by magic at the other end. My little one is 3 and certainly needs to be in a buggy at time (heck he's still in nappies - but there lies another tale )

Lindsey
does the car seat go onto the plane to sit the child in or is it put into the hold someone who has never flown before excuse my ignorance
lesley
Old Aug 7th 2007, 1:43 pm
Here at last!

OzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond repute

kels x
Yes pushchair free of charge they take it off you before you board the plane! I have emails from singapore when I asked them. We decided not to take ours though in the end and sold it!
Old Aug 7th 2007, 6:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

nurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant future

Yes we had a child seat that we were able to put seatbelt through (at the back) and then five point harness on the front - it was a light model and I just hooked it onto buggy handles when we were in SIngapore airport. The staff were fantastic I must admit as I flew to Perth with Oliver, our youngest on my own so I needed hand what with nappies, hand luggage, buggy, toddler and all!

Lindsey