Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Private Schools Perth North of River

Private Schools Perth North of River

Old May 31st 2009, 7:06 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Private Schools Perth North of River

Originally Posted by brits1
as my Dad says "if a child wants to learn they will learn anywhere"...there is a lot of truth to that saying....a lot does depend on the child and the parents...as well....not just the schools....
Yes it does but being taught by a teacher who is not constantly distracted by the delinquent offspring of delinquent parents also helps.
Old May 31st 2009, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

hoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant future

I came across this website recently http://www.schoolgauge.com.au/Home which may or may not help in determining what constitutes a good school. There are certainly lots of tables and figures to wade through - exactly ABCDiamond's cup of tea I imagine.
Old Jun 1st 2009, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

Uuuh Patsy is a jewel in the roughUuuh Patsy is a jewel in the roughUuuh Patsy is a jewel in the roughUuuh Patsy is a jewel in the roughUuuh Patsy is a jewel in the rough

As if things are not bad enough, the Planning commission are dead set on stopping the proposed new high schools in Wanneroo/Joondalup.

http://news.ceo.wa.edu.au/News/news.asp

I can only hope its a technicality
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 12:45 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NKSK version 2
Yes it does but being taught by a teacher who is not constantly distracted by the delinquent offspring of delinquent parents also helps.
Yes I do agree with you 100%....from the tales my sons have told me....well they made my straight hair curl!!!..really I have always beleived the education system (worts and all) in the U.K is far better (both my sons have been educated both here in Aus and the U.K) than we have here in W.A....both my sons are now returning to the U.K one to Uni the other to college....says it all really.....
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 1:11 pm
Account Closed

La Vida loca is an unknown quantity at this point

Good on ya.

WA has the best earning and lifestlye opportunities in the world.

You cant buy or get that in a grotty Uni somewhere in the NW of the UK.

Yes I do agree with you 100%....from the tales my sons have told me....well they made my straight hair curl!!!..really I have always beleived the education system (worts and all) in the U.K is far better (both my sons have been educated both here in Aus and the U.K) than we have here in W.A....both my sons are now returning to the U.K one to Uni the other to college....says it all really.....
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 2:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by La Vida loca
Good on ya.

WA has the best earning and lifestlye opportunities in the world.

You cant buy or get that in a grotty Uni somewhere in the NW of the UK.
Oh yes you can......my son had a choice of uni's both here in Aus (not just Perth) but also in the U.K....we have a VERY good lifestlye here, I never said we did not...but...our sons prefer the U.K lifestlye...AND they have lived and visited in other countries but still prefer the U.K....that's their choice but you would not find them forcing their opions on anybody else....each to their own is their motto.....bit of a family one actually........and not everyone has the "wonderful" lifestyle W.A has to offer...just visit a centrelink, homeless hostels....etc....it's the same the world over...great for some.....hard for others....I am not arrogant enough to think otherwise....
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

bradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to all

UNWCSEA by any chance?!

Wouldn't touch Ocena Reef.
Ocena Reef.........Tell me, why would'nt you send your kids to Ocena Reef ?
No don't bother, I know.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 11:05 pm
Account Closed

La Vida loca is an unknown quantity at this point

This is excellent, but do you think that goes against the committment of a migrant.
Would they be prepared to relinquish their visa's in that case, your sons that is.

Appears you are a very deep thinker with a very fortunate background and life, which I am sure you will do well in your own sphere.

Oh yes you can......my son had a choice of uni's both here in Aus (not just Perth) but also in the U.K....we have a VERY good lifestlye here, I never said we did not...but...our sons prefer the U.K lifestlye...AND they have lived and visited in other countries but still prefer the U.K....that's their choice but you would not find them forcing their opions on anybody else....each to their own is their motto.....bit of a family one actually........and not everyone has the "wonderful" lifestyle W.A has to offer...just visit a centrelink, homeless hostels....etc....it's the same the world over...great for some.....hard for others....I am not arrogant enough to think otherwise....
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 11:49 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

This is excellent, but do you think that goes against the committment of a migrant.
Would they be prepared to relinquish their visa's in that case, your sons that is.
There's also the drawback that to study at a UK university you will be charged as an overseas student, even if you are British, if you haven't been living in the UK for 3 years before you start your course.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 11:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Appears you are a very deep thinker with a very fortunate background and life, which I am sure you will do well in your own sphere.
Yes from "humble" begins we (my OH) and myself studied hard at school....worked hard and now we are enjoying the benifits and we never forget how lucky we are....and yes our Sphere is a very large one with friends from all walks of life....not sure about a deep thinker..I wish!!!....I just try to take whatever life brings you and deal with it as it happens....and we have gone off track with this thread..........
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 11:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by renth
There's also the drawback that to study at a UK university you will be charged as an overseas student, even if you are British, if you haven't been living in the UK for 3 years before you start your course.
And I suppose that is only right....some courses though can be still cheaper than other countries.......
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 12:21 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

....and we have gone off track with this thread..........
OK, back on track.

My case - at the moment I've ended up in a crazy situation with 3 kids still at primary. All three have confirmed high school places at one school which is our second preference and the younger 2 have confirmed places at our first preference school. Rather than gamble on the elder eventually getting offered a place at the first preference school we might end up sending them to different schools which will be a pain in the buttski as both schools require a load pf parental involvement which will mean spreading ourselves thin. plus we'll miss out on some school fee discounts too.

Heres something else to think about - we know a family with an elder child at a local private school whose younger brother has just been rejected for that school due to a poor school report - and the report really isn't that poor, in fact I'm guessing it's pretty similar to my boys report.
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 1:52 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bradfordlad
Ocena Reef.........Tell me, why would'nt you send your kids to Ocena Reef ?
No don't bother, I know.
Not sure what you're talking about...?
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 1:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by renth
OK, back on track.

My case - at the moment I've ended up in a crazy situation with 3 kids still at primary. All three have confirmed high school places at one school which is our second preference and the younger 2 have confirmed places at our first preference school. Rather than gamble on the elder eventually getting offered a place at the first preference school we might end up sending them to different schools which will be a pain in the buttski as both schools require a load pf parental involvement which will mean spreading ourselves thin. plus we'll miss out on some school fee discounts too.

Heres something else to think about - we know a family with an elder child at a local private school whose younger brother has just been rejected for that school due to a poor school report - and the report really isn't that poor, in fact I'm guessing it's pretty similar to my boys report.

Hmmmm - it must be a very poor report. If there are places I can't imagine someone being rejected for a report. Good schools will take him, sit on him and if it doesn't work out he'll then be kicked out - and you will still have to pay the fees until at least the end of the term - possibly the end of semester.
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 2:39 pm
Forum Regular

bradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to all

Not sure what you're talking about...?
Sorry, but where is there a school called Ocena Reef ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.