Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Private Schools Perth North of River

Private Schools Perth North of River

Old Jun 3rd 2009, 10:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

plantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Private Schools Perth North of River

Originally Posted by Gems
Australia is bringing in a National Curriculum, some say similar to the UK one.
Think it comes in next year.

Gems
Someone told me yesterday it was modeled on the NSW system....?
Old Jun 4th 2009, 1:09 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bradfordlad
Sorry, but where is there a school called Ocena Reef ?
Ah, a smart arse.

I presume, from your incorrect use of the apostrophe, that you attended the school?
Old Jun 4th 2009, 1:10 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by plantpot
Someone told me yesterday it was modeled on the NSW system....?
NSW seems to have the most respected system in Australia.
Old Jun 4th 2009, 1:24 am
BE Enthusiast

plantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by NKSK version 2
NSW seems to have the most respected system in Australia.
Still getting to grips with it myself but yes it 'seems' pretty good at first glance, certainly the English Extension HSC is pretty rigorous.....very academic!!!
Old Jun 4th 2009, 1:26 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, a smart arse.

I presume, from your incorrect use of the apostrophe, that you attended the school?
Or rather, not attended. Just like the group or OR students my wife saw bunking off at Hillaries the other day.
Old Jun 6th 2009, 4:19 am
Forum Regular

bradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to all

Ah, a smart arse.

Very, very sorry for my incorrect use of the apostrophe. It's been a very long time since I attended school.I think we have a bit of a personality clash here. I just found it ironic,on an education thread, that you did'nt want to send your child/children to a school you had difficulty spelling. Then you did'nt pick the mistake up when pointed out. Then you go on an offensive. I don,t really know what to say.
Anyway, to save a slanging match, I will admit defeat here.Well done, you win.
Old Jun 6th 2009, 4:38 am
Forum Regular

bradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to all

Originally Posted by renth
Or rather, not attended. Just like the group or OR students my wife saw bunking off at Hillaries the other day.
True story.Funny you should mention this and could well be a misconception of certain kids at certain schools at this time. Exam time at the moment. My daughter and a few friends finished their exams one particular day and decided to drive to Hillarys for an ice cream. Now four kids at Hillarys, all in school uniform as required, in what would normally be school hours......draw your own conclusions.

Last edited by bradfordlad; Jun 6th 2009 at 4:53 am. Reason: Poor spelling, apostrophe in wrong place...would'nt ya know!I'm sure it will all get pointed out
Old Jun 6th 2009, 7:18 am
BE Forum Addict

petensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond repute

True story.Funny you should mention this and could well be a misconception of certain kids at certain schools at this time. Exam time at the moment. My daughter and a few friends finished their exams one particular day and decided to drive to Hillarys for an ice cream. Now four kids at Hillarys, all in school uniform as required, in what would normally be school hours......draw your own conclusions.
My daughter is in year 11 and her school has had two weeks off and she has just gone in four times for exams.She has gone out with her friends a couple of times after they finished in the afternoon in school uniform.Sue.
Old Jun 6th 2009, 7:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Very, very sorry for my incorrect use of the apostrophe. It's been a very long time since I attended school.I think we have a bit of a personality clash here. I just found it ironic,on an education thread, that you did'nt want to send your child/children to a school you had difficulty spelling. Then you did'nt pick the mistake up when pointed out. Then you go on an offensive. I don,t really know what to say.
Anyway, to save a slanging match, I will admit defeat here.Well done, you win.
No personality clash - you're just a donkey who levelled an attack out of nowhere and got caught with your pants down.

From looking at everything else that I typed you really thought that I couldn't spell Ocean?

You really thought that it wasn't a typo and that I couldn't spell it?!

The real irony is that someone who was so quick to level the accusation of poor spelling couldn't even correctly place an apostrophe.

Planks and sawdust....?
Old Jun 6th 2009, 8:10 am
Account Closed

La Vida loca is an unknown quantity at this point

Here we go again the usual Northen Suburb pommy slanging matches.

We are a strange race and completely up our own ass most of the time, and cant see the bigger picture.

School is school, kids are kids, I know people who are well and truely minted and their kids are often drugged up and causing havoc.......they go to private schools and drive mummy and daddy's cars around....while daddy is at work and mummy is slouching around the cappacino bars during the day complaining how hard their life is.

Their IQ level is around 5 as they choose it to be.

I also know many hard "working class" people who have or had a crap education and are now well and truely made, those schools like Clarkson which I will defend, gives kids a glimmer of hope, even if there is a couple of clowns there ruining the reputation.

A few people need to stop being snobs and nimbys here, its ridiculous.

FIFO and Im glad to see one family is on its way out of WA.
Old Jun 6th 2009, 9:40 am
Forum Regular

No personality clash - you're just a donkey who levelled an attack out of nowhere and got caught with your pants down.

From looking at everything else that I typed you really thought that I couldn't spell Ocean?

You really thought that it wasn't a typo and that I couldn't spell it?!

The real irony is that someone who was so quick to level the accusation of poor spelling couldn't even correctly place an apostrophe.

Planks and sawdust....?
On the offensive again, even after I admit defeat. You won mate. Spell Ocean however you want.
Old Jun 6th 2009, 10:19 am
BE Forum Addict

On the offensive again, even after I admit defeat. You won mate. Spell Ocean however you want.
Your admission of 'defeat' wasn't sincere. I'd accept it if it was genuine.
Old Jun 6th 2009, 10:45 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmmm - it must be a very poor report. If there are places I can't imagine someone being rejected for a report. Good schools will take him, sit on him and if it doesn't work out he'll then be kicked out - and you will still have to pay the fees until at least the end of the term - possibly the end of semester.
Update - it really wasn't a very poor report (just a lot of ticks in the "seldom" column), I was speaking with the parents yesterday. It appears the school in question (with a HUGE waiting list) has taken it upon itself to become very selective and cherry pick only the best students from the waiting list regardless of siblings already at the school.
Old Jun 7th 2009, 2:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by renth
Update - it really wasn't a very poor report (just a lot of ticks in the "seldom" column), I was speaking with the parents yesterday. It appears the school in question (with a HUGE waiting list) has taken it upon itself to become very selective and cherry pick only the best students from the waiting list regardless of siblings already at the school.
That's an ethically questionable change in policy.
Do they state anywhere that they are non-selective?
Old Aug 20th 2009, 8:14 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

UPDATE

My daughter has just been offered a year 8 place for 2011 at St Marks. To say I am excited is an understatement. Some would argue that this still isn't the best school but it is a million times better than my catchment High School.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.