Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Predictions for exchange rate over next three months?

Predictions for exchange rate over next three months?

Old Jun 28th 2008, 9:21 pm
Forum Regular

lastere is just really nicelastere is just really nicelastere is just really nicelastere is just really nicelastere is just really nicelastere is just really nicelastere is just really nicelastere is just really nice
Default Re: Predictions for exchange rate over next three months?

Originally Posted by MTPockets
Hi. Just to give you an idea of what the market's currently thinking...forward rates (the rate you could exchange today at a specific time in the future) are pretty much flat at 2.075 -2.085 out to 3 months (even 1 yr fwd is only 2.11).

I'm in same position as you (wishing I'd locked it in last year but wasn't certain of visa), but personally don't see it moving much for a while - so will probably change what I need and leave rest in uk account - as although I think more ikely to go to 1.90 than 2.20 in short term (very happy to be proven wrong), seems more upside potential than downside in the longer term (although I don't have a crystal ball either).

Good luck. Jay
RBA is preparing for the the terms of trade shock next year due to commodities windfall. AUD/GBP will skyrocket in the short/medium term (12 months-2 years). you can take it to the bank.