Pound = $ 1-64

Old Jun 30th 2011, 3:55 am
Melbourne - NE suburbs

DownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pound = $ 1-64

Originally Posted by Fluid36
It won't go below 1.50, obvious resistance there
1.499 (briefly)

You may have forgotten to factor the ongoing Euro crisis into that previous observation !
Old Jun 30th 2011, 3:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Fluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by DownUnderPaddy
1.499 (briefly)

You may have forgotten to factor the ongoing Euro crisis into that previous observation !
Still resistance at 1.50, will be surprised if it goes below (as in closes and manages to stay below).
Old Jun 30th 2011, 4:04 am
Melbourne - NE suburbs

DownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond repute

Still resistance at 1.50, will be surprised if it goes below (as in closes and manages to stay below).
I tend to agree. Seeing it breached though, however briefly, is certainly fascinating to see. The next couple of years should provide plenty more currency soap opera !
Old Jun 30th 2011, 4:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Fluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to behold

I tend to agree. Seeing it breached though, however briefly, is certainly fascinating to see. The next couple of years should provide plenty more currency soap opera !
Yeah it's ridiculous what happened to the pound, current union strikes etc can't be helping
Old Jun 30th 2011, 4:27 am
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light

I was all ready to exchange my money late last week, but forgot my password.

Got round to getting the password today, and this happens!!

I shall wait a week or two. All I want is 1.537. Not too much to ask. Bit annoyed I only exchanged half my money in March at the 1.64 peak now, but you can't tell the future.

I highly doubt it will get above 1.55-1.58 for the next 12 months or so.
Old Jun 30th 2011, 5:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

1.499 (briefly)

Dammit, you stay off the computer for an entire day - well to 3pm and that happens.
Old Jun 30th 2011, 8:15 am

lancastrian48 is an unknown quantity at this point

Depresssing, and likely to get more when Greece and US go tits up later in the year.

Could certainly sell up at a profit and get cheaper pommy house,as their prices are supposed to fall for next 5 yrs..

Shit world we live in huh
Old Jun 30th 2011, 10:22 am
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

It wasn't so long ago many on here were saying that about the 2.00 mark!
Old Jun 30th 2011, 10:36 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by EvannTel
It wasn't so long ago many on here were saying that about the 2.00 mark!
..and at the moment its $1.493 so it could close below $1.50 today
Old Jun 30th 2011, 11:23 am
Suncream, I need suncream

northerner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by xzibit
Bit annoyed I only exchanged half my money in March at the 1.64 peak now, but you can't tell the future.
1.64 'peak'?
Old Jun 30th 2011, 12:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: London - but only until I can afford to move back to Sydney
isgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to behold

Yeah it's ridiculous what happened to the pound, current union strikes etc can't be helping
Yes and Mervin King said a couple of days ago that interest rates will be low until employment starts to rise and the economy starts to grow more robustly. He also mentioned QE3.
Old Jun 30th 2011, 8:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by isgraham
Yes and Mervin King said a couple of days ago that interest rates will be low until employment starts to rise and the economy starts to grow more robustly. He also mentioned QE3.
Surely QE3 will only drive inflation higher ?
Old Jun 30th 2011, 9:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: London - but only until I can afford to move back to Sydney
isgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Stu Ward
And with it growth and jobs he hopes. I've bought a wheelbarrow for my cash so I can go out and buy bread.
Old Jul 1st 2011, 12:57 am
BE Forum Addict

bingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stu Ward
Inflation and commodities.

Wages keep rising less than cost of living
People have less spare cash
An economy living on debt for a decade suffers further
More high street stores close
Unemployment rises
etc etc
Eventually house prices fall significantly, meaning those yet to buy can afford to buy, but those who bought since 2007 are stuck with negative equity and unable to move for 10+ years.

Quite how the UK gets out of this I don't know.
Old Jul 1st 2011, 1:16 am
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by northerner
1.64 'peak'?
Yes. March's 1.64 'peak'. The highest rate in March 2011 was 1.647. What don't you understand?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.