Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

positive positive positive

positive positive positive

Old Apr 14th 2009, 12:46 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: positive positive positive

Originally Posted by Ryem78
Hear hear Eugene43! I also like reading a positive post for a change - you carry on with your positive thinking - if everyone felt like you things probably would start improving.
I'm all for positive thinking, but not unrealistic optimism.

http://psychcentral.com/lib/2007/rea...you-need-both/

"Realistic optimism is actually a sign of and byproduct of mental health, says James. Unrealistic people include those who repress problems, insisting that everything is fine and the future is rosy, almost regardless of reality. They systematically delete negative information about themselves and their lives. They just cannot stand the bad news about life. For this they pay a heavy price, and are much more prone to feeling stressed and suffering physical illnesses, from common psychosomatic complaints such as unexplained tummy trouble and headaches to life-threatening heart attacks."

hope for the best, prepare for the worst
Old Apr 14th 2009, 12:58 am
Account Closed

Tooterelli is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by eugene43
uk at the moment has such a positive feel to it. Do not get me wrong there is a way to go yet but the gloom feeling is lifting in most areas all we need now is positives in the job market & full steam ahead.

Delusional
Old Apr 14th 2009, 1:00 am
Forum Regular

Ryem78 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by paulry
I'm all for positive thinking, but not unrealistic optimism.

http://psychcentral.com/lib/2007/rea...you-need-both/

"Realistic optimism is actually a sign of and byproduct of mental health, says James. Unrealistic people include those who repress problems, insisting that everything is fine and the future is rosy, almost regardless of reality. They systematically delete negative information about themselves and their lives. They just cannot stand the bad news about life. For this they pay a heavy price, and are much more prone to feeling stressed and suffering physical illnesses, from common psychosomatic complaints such as unexplained tummy trouble and headaches to life-threatening heart attacks."

hope for the best, prepare for the worst

ooooh that explains the headaches!
Old Apr 14th 2009, 3:13 am
BE Enthusiast

eugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tooterelli
Delusional
thanks i always wanted to know how to spell that
Old Apr 14th 2009, 3:17 am
BE Enthusiast

bluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to all

I agree there has to be a happy medium, however being more positive than negative can only make you a more pleasant person to be with, who likes being around someone full of doom & gloom,and woe is me? I know I dont! depression is contagious.

Keep with the positivity I say!

Bluekipper
Old Apr 14th 2009, 11:35 am
BE Enthusiast

eugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bluekipper
I agree there has to be a happy medium, however being more positive than negative can only make you a more pleasant person to be with, who likes being around someone full of doom & gloom,and woe is me? I know I dont! depression is contagious.

Bluekipper
we could start a positive pyramid.
Old Apr 14th 2009, 11:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Default positive pyramid

Lets see how many positive members are out there. Now lets see the pyramid grow & grow.
Old Apr 14th 2009, 11:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
What have you been taking and can I have some?
Is nice to see some people having a go at someone expressing positive vibes for the UK. I can see that things are on the up, whilst you're eagerly searching for bad news . But whatever floats your boat.....
Old Apr 14th 2009, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

northernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to all

Originally Posted by eugene43
uk at the moment has such a positive feel to it. Do not get me wrong there is a way to go yet but the gloom feeling is lifting in most areas all we need now is positives in the job market & full steam ahead.
Are you talking about positivity in general or consumer confidence?

Positives in the job market? Just shut your eyes, click your heels 3 times and POOF, the worse global economic crisis in history will disapear. Or better still, read The Secret and imagine everything will economically improve.

I'm all for being positive in general, but confidence by itself, unless it has a valid basis, can get you into trouble.
Old Apr 14th 2009, 3:01 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by bluekipper

Bluekipper
I agree

Old Apr 14th 2009, 6:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by northernlights
Are you talking about positivity in general or consumer confidence?

Positives in the job market? Just shut your eyes, click your heels 3 times and POOF, the worse global economic crisis in history will disapear. Or better still, read The Secret and imagine everything will economically improve.

I'm all for being positive in general, but confidence by itself, unless it has a valid basis, can get you into trouble.
I am not into politics i just love life & what you can get from it if you look hard enough.
Old Apr 14th 2009, 8:11 pm
Account Closed

derekgoforth is an unknown quantity at this point

Just hold out for a few years, this will all pass. we will soon be back to borrowing what we cant aford to pay back, buying what we dont need, consuming rather than conserving and then we're back to the state we are in right now.
the world runs in cycles, this country just happens to be running on flat tyres at the moment.

Last edited by derekgoforth; Apr 14th 2009 at 8:14 pm.
Old Apr 14th 2009, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

Dorutland is just really niceDorutland is just really niceDorutland is just really niceDorutland is just really niceDorutland is just really niceDorutland is just really niceDorutland is just really niceDorutland is just really niceDorutland is just really nice

Originally Posted by derekgoforth
Just hold out for a few years, this will all pass. we will soon be back to borrowing what we cant aford to pay back, buying what we dont need, consuming rather than conserving and then we're back to the state we are in right now.
the world runs in cycles, this country just happens to be running on flat tyres at the moment.
Old Apr 14th 2009, 8:20 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

You know what we all need right now? is to get back to rampant house price inflation so we can borrow even more money to live like footballers and their wives.
Old Apr 14th 2009, 8:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by derekgoforth
grasp & cherish what you have now tomorrow has not happened yet

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.