Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

positive positive positive

positive positive positive

Old Apr 15th 2009, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

northernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to all
Default Re: positive positive positive

Originally Posted by eugene43
I am not into politics i just love life & what you can get from it if you look hard enough.
You'd make a perfect politician though...
Old Apr 15th 2009, 9:08 am
Account Closed

derekgoforth is an unknown quantity at this point

Life is what you make it, whether here, Canada, Aus or where ever. Its just a shame that sometimes we are held back by either a selfish population or an inept, moronic, soft government.
Old Apr 15th 2009, 8:30 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Australia_bound?
Is nice to see some people having a go at someone expressing positive vibes for the UK. I can see that things are on the up, whilst you're eagerly searching for bad news . But whatever floats your boat.....
Re-inflating the "everything is looking rosy" bubble without any substance is what has put us all into this financial pickle in the first place.

But you can fool yourself if you like - if that floats your boat, but I'm focusing on what is, not what I want things to be.

Sorry if my posting of bad news has popped your bubble, but at least I'm substantiating my claims. ....Care to do the same?

Last edited by paulry; Apr 15th 2009 at 9:09 pm.
Old Apr 15th 2009, 9:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

eugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
Re-inflating the "everything is looking rosy" bubble without any substance is what has put us all into this financial pickle in the first place.

But you can fool yourself if you like - if that floats your boat, but I'm focusing on what is, not what I want things to be.

Sorry if my posting of bad news has popped your bubble, but at least I'm substantiating my claims. ....Care to do the same?
Why knock something just because you dont agree, just say nothing
Old Apr 15th 2009, 9:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry

Personally never had so much money in the bank and very secure job, live in a lovely part of England etc etc etc. What's all the fuss about? Not sure how I'm fooling myself? Maybe you're trying to get a rise, but must try harder
Old Apr 15th 2009, 10:03 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Personally never had so much money in the bank and very secure job, live in a lovely part of England etc etc etc. What's all the fuss about? Not sure how I'm fooling myself? Maybe you're trying to get a rise, but must try harder
Good for you!
Old Apr 15th 2009, 10:10 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by eugene43
Why knock something just because you dont agree, just say nothing
Hmmm... That's interesting logic.
Old Apr 15th 2009, 10:33 pm
ABCDiamond

About 90% of Australians are pretty much the same, and probably about the similar in the UK .

But we only ever hear about the minority negatives.

Headlines like this one in March 2009; "Over the last 12 months, food retailing has been very strong, with 32,000 jobs created" never seem to get as much publicity.

Old Apr 15th 2009, 11:53 pm
Forum Regular

northernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
About 90% of Australians are pretty much the same, and probably about the similar in the UK .

But we only ever hear about the minority negatives.

Headlines like this one in March 2009; "Over the last 12 months, food retailing has been very strong, with 32,000 jobs created" never seem to get as much publicity.
In April 52,000 Aussies lost their jobs, kind of wipes out the annual food retailing job figures and some.

Australia is NOT going to rebuild it's economy with a load of folk working in MacDonalds and Coles. We need to produce and make goods.
Old Apr 16th 2009, 1:59 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by northernlights
In April 52,000 Aussies lost their jobs, kind of wipes out the annual food retailing job figures and some.

Australia is NOT going to rebuild it's economy with a load of folk working in MacDonalds and Coles. We need to produce and make goods.
And that highlights the fact that some prefer to highlight the negatives and try to avoid any positives.

If everyone talks negative and says things will get bad, what will the average employer do ? Cut back and employ less people ?

If everyone talks positive, and everyone expects things to get better, what will employers do ? Expand and employ more to take advantage of the coming upturn ?

Those people working in Coles etc, will get wages with which they can buy things, causing other companies to have to produce those things, causing more employment....

It can circle UP, or it can circle DOWN.
Too many people seem to prefer it to circle DOWN

Old Apr 16th 2009, 2:15 am
Account Closed

Tooterelli is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond

It's this kind of naive statement that astounds me. It appears that some people really do not know how bad things really are.
Old Apr 16th 2009, 4:06 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Tooterelli
It's this kind of naive statement that astounds me. It appears that some people really do not know how bad things really are.
A lot of people really do not know how bad things really are....

Because for most people there have been no actual changes, and things are NOT that bad for them.

It isn't being naive.

If a person has a good job and a good income, there is no actual effect on them until, and if, something changes.

And when you consider that 94% of the work force is employed, then you have a large number who are NOT affected.

What it does seem is that some people want EVERYONE to feel the pain, whether they actually do at the moment or not.

Old Apr 16th 2009, 10:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tooterelli
Naive? No, fully aware of economic trends and the effects of the recession etc. I'd say you're over estimating the "how bad things are" bit.
Now is a good time for some and not for others. If it's naive of not being affected by a recession then I'm guilty, or maybe I was prepared!
Old Apr 16th 2009, 11:22 am
Account Closed

derekgoforth is an unknown quantity at this point

I guess you could argue that technically It hasn't been this bad in a long long time, interest rates are rock bottom, house prices in the worst slump since the 80's, street crime and anti social behaviour is statistically higher than ever before, (you could argue that its because of better reporting but i dont think its just that, just take a look in the local parks and high street on a friday night) and problems like bad debt, depresion and morbid obesity are rising ang rising like never before.

this country will never get back the spirit it once had with the current climate, the desire to help your fellow man has all but gone in most areas, but hey ho... society will adapt and move on, i am looking forward to a v for vendetta type society, at least you will know who to hate then!!

just glad, (from my own families persepctive) reports from across the globe are pointing to a happier existence
Old Apr 16th 2009, 5:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

bluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to all

Trouble with current times & debt promotion is that, `we have had more than we have ever had, yet some are still not happy`! so what does this tell us? it tells me, that people are looking for material things to make them happy & feel good, and when they cannot have it or save for it they either get into debt for it or steal from someone who has got what they want. You could really stand back and take a look at society today & come up with so many things that have changed over the years, some for the better, some not so good!

Bluekipper

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.