Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

A place downunder - where are they all now?

A place downunder - where are they all now?

Old Oct 9th 2007, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

lenehan101 is just really nicelenehan101 is just really nicelenehan101 is just really nicelenehan101 is just really nicelenehan101 is just really nicelenehan101 is just really nicelenehan101 is just really nicelenehan101 is just really nice
Default Re: A place downunder - where are they all now?

Hi,
I emigrated last Oct, in fact a year ago this week. I went home in may to show my family my new born daughter and the re runs were on then. I was glued to the tv. Your family stopped all my homesickness, which was the reason Id returned and made me look forward to getting back to Oz.
So thanks...
Feel like Im speaking to someone famous
Les x
Old Oct 10th 2007, 2:00 am
Forum Regular

Daviesfamily is just really niceDaviesfamily is just really niceDaviesfamily is just really niceDaviesfamily is just really niceDaviesfamily is just really niceDaviesfamily is just really niceDaviesfamily is just really niceDaviesfamily is just really niceDaviesfamily is just really niceDaviesfamily is just really nice

Originally Posted by lenehan101
Hi,
I emigrated last Oct, in fact a year ago this week. I went home in may to show my family my new born daughter and the re runs were on then. I was glued to the tv. Your family stopped all my homesickness, which was the reason Id returned and made me look forward to getting back to Oz.
So thanks...
Feel like Im speaking to someone famous
Les x
I'm glad you came back to OZ you know its the right move, once the homesickness passes you can see how good it is here. I am glad I could help.
Tony & Michelle
Old Oct 10th 2007, 3:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Just wondering Tony if losing 15 pct of your wage, is a major issue for you. As from the start of next financial year, Apost is very likely to move all permanent posties forward 1/2 hour to 6.30 am Starts rather than 6am Starts, with the consequent loss of 15 pct penalty payments. For me as a night sorter the anticipated changes are a loss of Sunday shift, which results in losing a weeks holiday per year, plus a loss of 15 pct pay by starting at 1am instead of 11.30 pm. By 2010 these changes will almost definitely be in, as I cannot see Apost not implemeting the changes if they are able to under EBA7. Are you confident you can get another job if you are unwilling to work for 15pct less at post ?

Personally I will move from Night sorting over to day time post parttime without penalty once these changes move in, which will probably halve my wage. However as I'm at the stage now where we are more or less set up, having lived in Aus for 28 years, we should be able to cope fairly easily.
Old Oct 16th 2007, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

yc2m is just really niceyc2m is just really niceyc2m is just really niceyc2m is just really niceyc2m is just really niceyc2m is just really niceyc2m is just really niceyc2m is just really nice

Hi Tony/Michelle,

How brilliant to have you on BE!! It's really great to hear how you are all getting on; after watching the show and the re-runs each and everytime they are aired, it feels like you really get to know the people.

As you said, you guys didn't moan very much, but it still made for great viewing, and I'm delighted that you are all happy and settled in Oz.

Best wishes to you all; and congrats on the grandkiddies!!

yc2m
Old Oct 17th 2007, 1:54 am
Forum Regular

Daviesfamily is just really niceDaviesfamily is just really niceDaviesfamily is just really niceDaviesfamily is just really niceDaviesfamily is just really niceDaviesfamily is just really niceDaviesfamily is just really niceDaviesfamily is just really niceDaviesfamily is just really niceDaviesfamily is just really nice

Originally Posted by yc2m
Hi Tony/Michelle,

How brilliant to have you on BE!! It's really great to hear how you are all getting on; after watching the show and the re-runs each and everytime they are aired, it feels like you really get to know the people.

As you said, you guys didn't moan very much, but it still made for great viewing, and I'm delighted that you are all happy and settled in Oz.

Best wishes to you all; and congrats on the grandkiddies!!

yc2m
Hi yc2m,
I'm glad you enjoyed watching it because we enjoyed doing the show. Yes we are all still here and loving it although Michelle and myself will be back in Swansea July 2008 for a holiday.
Thanks again.
Tony & Michelle
Old Oct 17th 2007, 12:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

crocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud of

Hello the Davies Family,

I am so star struck!!!!!!!!

You were my favourite family on the show and the reason we are applying to move to Victoria, having never even been out on a holiday.

You were so very down to earth and content with your lot, however, I do get the opinion that you could settle in a wigwam in the North Pole, as you just seem a happy loving couple.

Thanks for entertaining us,

Crocodileseamus
Old Oct 17th 2007, 3:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

gidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Daviesfamily
I'm glad you came back to OZ you know its the right move, once the homesickness passes you can see how good it is here. I am glad I could help.
Tony & Michelle
Hi. Are you the Welsh family, did you became a postman? If so your show was excellent. That house you looked at.... wow. Good to see things are working out. Gave us confidence to setup our move from Ireland to Melbourne in December
Old Oct 18th 2007, 2:10 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by crocodileseamus
Hello the Davies Family,

I am so star struck!!!!!!!!

You were my favourite family on the show and the reason we are applying to move to Victoria, having never even been out on a holiday.

You were so very down to earth and content with your lot, however, I do get the opinion that you could settle in a wigwam in the North Pole, as you just seem a happy loving couple.

Thanks for entertaining us,

Crocodileseamus
Hi,
Its always nice to hear comments like yours,thanks. If you come here get in touch with us we can meet up.
We are a happy couple but I dont know about the north pole bit,TOO COLD. Thats why we came here.
Thanks again.
Tony & Michelle
Old Oct 18th 2007, 2:18 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by gidxg03
Hi. Are you the Welsh family, did you became a postman? If so your show was excellent. That house you looked at.... wow. Good to see things are working out. Gave us confidence to setup our move from Ireland to Melbourne in December
Hi,
Yes we are the Welsh family from the show. I did become a postman and still am. Michelle is an accounts manager with a different company than the one in the program. Jason is now a paratrooper in the Australian army and Natalie has settled down and has 2 children a boy and a girl. We have built a house not far from patterson lakes and it is lovely. I am glad you enjoyed the show, when you get here get in touch. You will love it here its excellent.
Tony & Michelle
Old Oct 18th 2007, 6:01 am
BE Enthusiast

on a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud of

Hey,

You lot arent paid by the Victoria Government are you for plugging Melbourne????

Old Oct 18th 2007, 6:48 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by on a mission

Hey,

You lot arent paid by the Victoria Government are you for plugging Melbourne????

Ha Ha, if only.
Old Oct 18th 2007, 7:44 am
BE Enthusiast

on a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud of

got to ask you a question though,

how tall where then Kiss dudes, looked like genetic freaks....
Old Oct 18th 2007, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by on a mission
got to ask you a question though,

how tall where then Kiss dudes, looked like genetic freaks....
I believe gene simmons is 6ft 2 or 3 and the boots they wear have something like 6 inch platforms on them obviously the heels are much bigger. They must stand about 7 foot in their boots. I felt like a dwarf next to them.
Tony
Old Oct 18th 2007, 8:06 am
BE Enthusiast

gidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Daviesfamily
Hi,
Yes we are the Welsh family from the show. I did become a postman and still am. Michelle is an accounts manager with a different company than the one in the program. Jason is now a paratrooper in the Australian army and Natalie has settled down and has 2 children a boy and a girl. We have built a house not far from patterson lakes and it is lovely. I am glad you enjoyed the show, when you get here get in touch. You will love it here its excellent.
Tony & Michelle
Wow thanks Tony and Michelle. I was just telling my wife and son about this post. I actually still have your episode on DVD!! I must pull this out for my son. What sticks in my mind about your show, more than any of the others was how positive you all were. Inspiration to us all
Old Oct 18th 2007, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by gidxg03
Wow thanks Tony and Michelle. I was just telling my wife and son about this post. I actually still have your episode on DVD!! I must pull this out for my son. What sticks in my mind about your show, more than any of the others was how positive you all were. Inspiration to us all
I think we settled down and enjoyed it more than the others because we accepted Australia for what it is, a new start in a different country. To many people when they come here compare it to the UK and moan because things are not the same as back home. If people want things to be the same then really they havent thought the whole thing through properly and should have stayed back in the UK. People have to understand it is not the Uk it is a different country and things are different. Once that is accepted you can settle and start to enjoy everything, and there is a lot to enjoy.
Thanks again
Tony

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.