Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

A place downunder - where are they all now?

A place downunder - where are they all now?

Old Oct 6th 2007, 4:53 am
Forum Regular

Daviesfamily is just really niceDaviesfamily is just really niceDaviesfamily is just really niceDaviesfamily is just really niceDaviesfamily is just really niceDaviesfamily is just really niceDaviesfamily is just really niceDaviesfamily is just really niceDaviesfamily is just really niceDaviesfamily is just really nice
Default Re: A place downunder - where are they all now?

Originally Posted by Scrawni 2
Just finished watching the repeats and was wondering if any of you know what happened to them all, are they all still in Oz?

The Russells on the Gold Coast
The Davies in Melbourne - welsh family
The Skeggs in Perth - Mandy the midwife and hubbie Mick

The lady who went out on her own with her son and daughter followed by her 4th? husband. They seems nice and I think they settled near Brisbane somewhere.

The gentleman who took his son and daughter out there after the death of his wife. Can't remember where they settled.

I would be nice to find out how they are, surely someone must know?

Mandy
This is Tony of the Davies Family (Welsh - Melbourne). Yes, we are still living here it has been 5 years this month. We loved filming, the crew were great we even stay with them on our holidays back home. Melbourne is fantastic, we are very happy we made the move - Natalie our daughter is now a mum of two a little girl and boy. Jason is paratrooper with the australian army and has just finished a tour of east Timor. Michelle is working as an accountant and I am still a postie, we moved 2 year ago into the house we built.

we have made a few friends who watched the show in the uk then moved to Oz.

Regards

The Davies
Old Oct 6th 2007, 6:45 am
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Daviesfamily
This is Tony of the Davies Family (Welsh - Melbourne). Yes, we are still living here it has been 5 years this month. We loved filming, the crew were great we even stay with them on our holidays back home. Melbourne is fantastic, we are very happy we made the move - Natalie our daughter is now a mum of two a little girl and boy. Jason is paratrooper with the australian army and has just finished a tour of east Timor. Michelle is working as an accountant and I am still a postie, we moved 2 year ago into the house we built.

Regards

The Davies
Hi Tony and Family
Its good to hear that you are all doing so well and still enjoying it so much - congratulations to yourselves and you daughter on the new additions to the family - first generation Ozzies eh - i enjoyed it when you met Kiss - god they were big and scary wernt they lol.
Anyway take care and love to all - keep in touch with us all coz we need to hear success stories to keep our dreams alive as its so hard and long to get over there.
Love Sam
Old Oct 6th 2007, 10:01 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Regards

The Davies
Welcome to BE mate, and thanks for taking part in that show, we truly enjoyed watching your family's adventure, and it's great to see it's all worked out so well for you.
Old Oct 6th 2007, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

BallochBiddy has a brilliant futureBallochBiddy has a brilliant futureBallochBiddy has a brilliant futureBallochBiddy has a brilliant futureBallochBiddy has a brilliant futureBallochBiddy has a brilliant future

Regards

The Davies
Hi Tony, welcome to BE
Glad to hear everything is going well and still a postie as that is what you wanted to do.
Thank for taking the time to update everyone as before we found BE the only referance we had were these programs.
One thing that I'd love to know about your show, were you really that lucky to just turn up and meet Kiss or did the crew arrange it?
Stupid question I know but it bugged me at the time

Cheers Biddy
Old Oct 6th 2007, 11:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Regards

The Davies

Hi Tony,

Have to say imo that your family were the 'normal' family which we all hope is us!!

You came over as lovely people, willing to give Oz a good go and your problems were those experienced by many new immigrants.

Glad to hear that it has all worked out for you. Can you persuade the production company to do an update series???

Good luck with your continued life as new Australians!
Old Oct 6th 2007, 12:00 pm
CazBeckham

CazBeckham is on a distinguished road

Hello Tony, Michelle, Natalie and Jason and additional little ones,

Glad that you are now well settled and everyone is happy. The programme was great and I watched it several times.

My Oh and myself are 8 months into our Contr Parent Visa application so a little while to go yet to when we hope to get visa and be living on the SUnshine Coast next year.

All the best to you all

Caz
Old Oct 6th 2007, 12:20 pm
Forum Regular

jeppy is an unknown quantity at this point

hi just thought id let you no mick skeggs is a supervisor in perth for a house
builder called metro style so they are still living the dream.
Old Oct 6th 2007, 1:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Regards

The Davies
Hi Tony

Hoping to follow in your shoes in the next few years (well no ambition to meet Kiss ).
Great to hear all is still well for you out in Aus.
Old Oct 6th 2007, 1:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

hairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bonnybute
Personally, I think the guy had a very lucky escape, they were portrayed as vile on the show.

Their, attitude and behaviour, presented on the episodes, was appalling.

Luckily 'the waste of space' managed to escape, and come home.
i totally agree with you!
Old Oct 6th 2007, 2:07 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeppy
hi just thought id let you no mick skeggs is a supervisor in perth for a house
builder called metro style so they are still living the dream.
Im glad things worked out for him as he was a supervisor over here if i remember correctly and when he went over there he had to start at the bottom again didnt he - well done Mick .
Old Oct 7th 2007, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

Daviesfamily is just really niceDaviesfamily is just really niceDaviesfamily is just really niceDaviesfamily is just really niceDaviesfamily is just really niceDaviesfamily is just really niceDaviesfamily is just really niceDaviesfamily is just really niceDaviesfamily is just really niceDaviesfamily is just really nice

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Hi Tony,

Have to say imo that your family were the 'normal' family which we all hope is us!!

You came over as lovely people, willing to give Oz a good go and your problems were those experienced by many new immigrants.

Glad to hear that it has all worked out for you. Can you persuade the production company to do an update series???

Good luck with your continued life as new Australians!
Hi,

There was an update - called 1 year on, we were asked to take part but because we were happy and had no complaints they decided to go with the more controversial families.

tony
Old Oct 7th 2007, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BallochBiddy
Hi Tony, welcome to BE
Glad to hear everything is going well and still a postie as that is what you wanted to do.
Thank for taking the time to update everyone as before we found BE the only referance we had were these programs.
One thing that I'd love to know about your show, were you really that lucky to just turn up and meet Kiss or did the crew arrange it?
Stupid question I know but it bugged me at the time

Cheers Biddy
Hi Biddy,

No, I wasn't that lucky it was pre-arranged by a member of the film crew that used to work for MTV and he called in a favour. I was told to pretend to blag my way in, if you watch the part where I am walking up the corridor behind the manager you will see a yellow sticker on the back of leg - that was my access all areas pass.

Tony
Old Oct 7th 2007, 8:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Regards

The Davies

Where abouts are you a postie, there are two of us, that are BBS members at Preston DC.

Quite possibly strike action this week as well dammit, oh well that could remind you of the UK lol
Old Oct 7th 2007, 9:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

There was an update - called 1 year on, we were asked to take part but because we were happy and had no complaints they decided to go with the more controversial families.

tony
Thanks for that Tony,

What a shame that a happy family didn't warrant the air time. Us BE's wanted to see a success story with happy normal people.

Hope you keep posting and keep us updated that way!
Old Oct 7th 2007, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Where abouts are you a postie, there are two of us, that are BBS members at Preston DC.

Quite possibly strike action this week as well dammit, oh well that could remind you of the UK lol
I am based at MT Waverly and deliver to chadstone shopping centre. If anyone is passing, stop me for a chat.
Tony.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.