Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

PERTH-help for newbies!

PERTH-help for newbies!

Old Sep 6th 2006, 9:24 am
BE Enthusiast

YFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant future
Default Re: PERTH-help for newbies!

Gosh we've come a long way from 4 around a solitary table!

We certainly have but I remember it well!
Me wingeing about my house sale falling through again, Claire talking about maybe getting a job, oh hang on she's still doing that , you checking out every boat in the marina deciding which one to buy first (how many you got now?!) and Sue always being so chilled and laid back and keeping the rest of us from turning into complete loons
Happy Birthday us
Old Sep 6th 2006, 11:53 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Happy 1st Birthday and hope there'll be many more!

Sue and I can't make it tomorrow because the kids have their sports day, so we'll have to sit around all day waiting to cheer them on!

Hope you have a good day and can someone take a video for us if there is going to be a big suprise, don't want to miss it!

Tracey
Old Sep 6th 2006, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

Watty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to all

To all

Happy 1st birthday

Hope you have a good day tomorrow. Have a glass of champers for me.

Enjoy and hope to be with you soon

Watty'n'Arls
xx
Old Sep 16th 2006, 4:19 am
Forum Regular

JIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by JIVEBABE
Hi Melissa and Norternbird,

Please both of you come along this Thursday, it is the group's 1st Birthday and we are having champers and cake. It should be a great meeting, might even be a surprise at 2pm, so everyone hang around til then!

Any other newbies who have just arrived or old hands that are feeling a bit lonely, join us for a fab celebration!

Can't believe it's been a year already! Counted up the contacts I have and they amount to 30! Gosh we've come a long way from 4 around a solitary table!

S x
Thanks to everyone that turned up to celebrate out first birthday! We had a great time and the Wanneroo times took a fab photo! We are featured in the Joondalup times this week, page 21, so maybe a few newbies who dont use this forum will see the article and come down to join us. I am currently trying to source a new venue for the group as Dome are struggling to accommodate us, I will keep you all posted.

Sindy
Attached Thumbnails PERTH-help for newbies!-ex_pats.jpg  
Old Oct 4th 2006, 11:57 pm
Forum Regular

JIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant future

Just to let everyone know that due to the expected numbers over the school holidays the Expats meet that usually takes place at Hillary's will now take place at Neil Hawkins Park. The Dome cafe struggles enough with the numbers at the moment let alone us plus children! Also the park has play equipment etc to keep the kids happy. There are bbq facilities there for those that want to cook, otherwise bring a picnic. Dont forget the sunflower seeds for the birds!!

12 noon

Sindy x
Old Oct 5th 2006, 12:05 am
Forum Regular

Watty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to all

SIndy

Sounds like a fab meet. Wish we were there, not long now. All parperwork in Oz now. Timescales in their hands!!!!

Cant wait house on the market so fingers crossed..

Watty'n'arls
xx
Old Oct 5th 2006, 7:50 am
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JIVEBABE
Just to let everyone know that due to the expected numbers over the school holidays the Expats meet that usually takes place at Hillary's will now take place at Neil Hawkins Park. The Dome cafe struggles enough with the numbers at the moment let alone us plus children! Also the park has play equipment etc to keep the kids happy. There are bbq facilities there for those that want to cook, otherwise bring a picnic. Dont forget the sunflower seeds for the birds!!

12 noon

Sindy x
B*ll*x! We went to Hillarys today We asked the staff, and they said they hadn't seen pommy group today

Didn't know it had changed, as we have only been here since Monday, and we don't manage to get on the net very often Never mind.

Neil Hawkins park is not far from where we are.

Will it be in the same place next week, as we would love to come?
Old Oct 5th 2006, 7:56 am
Forum Regular

Chef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
B*ll*x! We went to Hillarys today We asked the staff, and they said they hadn't seen pommy group today

Didn't know it had changed, as we have only been here since Monday, and we don't manage to get on the net very often Never mind.

Neil Hawkins park is not far from where we are.

Will it be in the same place next week, as we would love to come?

Oh that is such a pity.Welcome to Perth. As far as I know it is in the same place next week. Well I know that a good few of us decided we would be back next week.In the meantime if you just fancy a coffee or chat pm me your details and I will give you a call to arrange something.
Old Oct 5th 2006, 10:10 am
Just Joined

Spana is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I am new to this site. I will be arriving in Perth around the 23rd of October. My husband will be going straight to work so I will be on my own and would like to join in on your coffee mornings if that is possible?!

Hope to see you soon.....
Old Oct 5th 2006, 10:38 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Spana,
Welcome to the site!
Just turn up on a thursday at 12 at the Dome, Hilary's, we are always there - except this week and next because of school hols!
Ir you like you could pm me or another member for phone number if you would rather meet one of us before.
Tracey
Old Oct 5th 2006, 10:43 am
Just Joined

Thanks Tracey,

I will definitely see you there in a couple of weeks.

Mandy
Old Oct 12th 2006, 12:42 am
Forum Regular

If the weather is bad, today's meet at Neil Hawkins will reloate to Dome, Hillarys, for those that still want to meet.

Sindy x
Old Oct 12th 2006, 1:22 am
happy to be here!

Just to confuse matters - a few of us are still heading for the park today (feeling brave and hoping it stays dry!)

Tracey
Old Oct 12th 2006, 2:26 am
Arrived Perth June 2006

Dawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to behold

Hi all, i wont be coming along today due to viewing our new house in the hope of moving in two weeks!!! yipee anyway, have a good one and hopefully see you next week

xx

Originally Posted by nightnurse2
Just to confuse matters - a few of us are still heading for the park today (feeling brave and hoping it stays dry!)

Tracey
Old Oct 25th 2006, 4:16 am
Just Joined

Hi All,

I arrived yesterday so will be coming to meet you on Thursday if thats ok. Is it still at the Dome at 12?? I will be coming on public transport is it quite straight forward?

Thanks, and looking forward to it.

Mandy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.