Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Perth - full of thieves

Perth - full of thieves

Old Dec 4th 2007, 10:52 pm
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Perth - full of thieves

Originally Posted by mrs i
your all worrying me now,is there really so many of you being house burgled in perth?its really putting me off coming,advice needed.
No, I dont know anyone that as their house burgled or their car stolen.
Old Dec 4th 2007, 11:04 pm
Precociously Stupid

TsukinoDeynatsu has a brilliant futureTsukinoDeynatsu has a brilliant futureTsukinoDeynatsu has a brilliant futureTsukinoDeynatsu has a brilliant futureTsukinoDeynatsu has a brilliant futureTsukinoDeynatsu has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by renth
It is, Perth has the highest burglary rate in Oz - it's famous for it.
It's also got the most millionaires - well, you might as well steal where the pickings are good...

Must have the classiest thieves.
Old Jan 18th 2008, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

little bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond repute

my hubby left his wallet on the roof of his ute then drove off site :curse: (is brickie) we had a call 2 days later from a company saying that a member of their staff had handed it in complete with the $50 note in it along with drivers liscence, credit card, bank card etc - its not all bad here!!

lb x
Old Jan 18th 2008, 9:18 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

I don't know of anyone getting anything stolen here in Perth. My two lads left their bikes on the lawn last night. They were still there this afternoon.
Old Jan 18th 2008, 6:31 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

We have suburbs here in Adelaide were they would steal yer fillings out of yer teeth while you were eating,and suburbs were people dont lock their doors,
Dont own any thing worth stealing, if you buy new electrical goods dont leave they m/t box,s in the recycling , its like advertising...............mm

Old Jan 18th 2008, 6:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of light

Its the same world wide not just perth!!!

My friend left home last week to collect her children from school. She doesnt live in a massive house but its not a scumbag house either..

She walked out the house to get in the car, saw some lads walking down the road smirking at her, was a bit dubious but didnt think anything of it really.

when she got home her front door had been kicked in, her jewellary gone, plasma tv gone and dog locked in the cupboard under the stairs. Front door laying on the floor!!!

This was 3 oclock in the afternoon!!!!

So if the little shits are gonna do it, they are gonna do it whether they Australian, English, Indian, Chinese, blah blah blah.

My friends dad used to sleep downstairs cos the area he lived in they used to break in while they were asleep!!

so dont just judge Perth on being a crime filled area, we have been burgled here.

Nickie
Old Jan 27th 2008, 8:57 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

To add to the list...

The Mrs lost my son's digital camera in he park in Bunbury last week. Was it handed in to the police? Was it f**k!
Old Jan 27th 2008, 9:02 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

This is going back about two years but about ten mins walk from my flat, this guy was mugged by a couple of blokes, they beat him to the ground and nicked his trainers.

It goes on everywhere but I only wish that we had the powers to defend ourselves and if we catch an intruder in our home - even if it is someones 'little lad/girl', we should be able to beat them suitably.

Anyone that breaks into someone's home deserves everything and more that happens to them.
Old Jan 28th 2008, 12:12 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
To add to the list...

The Mrs lost my son's digital camera in he park in Bunbury last week. Was it handed in to the police? Was it f**k!
I think your wife needs to look after her stuff better - maybe she ought to be added as a liability on your insurance
Old Jan 28th 2008, 12:45 am
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sme
I think your wife needs to look after her stuff better - maybe she ought to be added as a liability on your insurance
Old Jan 28th 2008, 1:05 am
why
BE Forum Addict

why has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond repute

there's crime everywhere..there always has been throughout history... my experience is that it isn't as bad in Australia ...I've lived in several places where you can leave your door open......
there's also the element of "luck and chance' depends who finds your lost stuff..it's opportunistic really
i read a bit in the paper about "fagin" style gangs being run by eastern Europeans in London does anyone know anything more about that?
Old Jan 28th 2008, 1:16 am

ukecadet is an unknown quantity at this point

When I lived in Perth somebody tried to get into my wife's car and buggered up the lock with a screwdriver.they had also managed to open the door of my ute at which point my dogs were onto it and frightened them off.So I installed some security measure's,in the form of a piece of chipboard flooring that I shot half a dozen nail through,with the nail gun.I put it on the seat,through a tee shirt over it,left my door unlocked.A few day's later I had a bite,blood on the seat and down the path,then off up the road.I was on cloud nine for a week, I'm smiling right now and that happened about 13 yrs ago.Had all my alibies ready .I'm carpenter,got home from work,cleaning the back of the ute and just through it on the seat.
Old Jan 28th 2008, 1:26 am
why
BE Forum Addict

why has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ukecadet
When I lived in Perth somebody tried to get into my wife's car and buggered up the lock with a screwdriver.they had also managed to open the door of my ute at which point my dogs were onto it and frightened them off.So I installed some security measure's,in the form of a piece of chipboard flooring that I shot half a dozen nail through,with the nail gun.I put it on the seat,through a tee shirt over it,left my door unlocked.A few day's later I had a bite,blood on the seat and down the path,then off up the road.I was on cloud nine for a week, I'm smiling right now and that happened about 13 yrs ago.Had all my alibies ready .I'm carpenter,got home from work,cleaning the back of the ute and just through it on the seat.
Old Jan 28th 2008, 1:30 am

ukecadet is an unknown quantity at this point

When in Perth our next door neighbor came banging on the door late at night,her hubby was away and she'd been out for the evening.The door was open and she'd been broken in.I went inside to see if anybody was in there ,giving it the old "Right I'll go in now with the dogs"hoping to Christ they would be heading off out the back window.The house was empty and it was a hell of a mess.I said it was fine to come in.She came in with my wife,she was visibly shaken.My wife looked around the room in horror and said to the woman " oh what a mess the've made,why do they have to do that".The woman replied "but it doesn't look like the've been in this room" I had to bite my lip to stop laughing.Truth!
Old Jan 28th 2008, 4:57 am
F*** it!

Fenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
This surprises you? We've been burgled twice in the 6 months we've lived here. Both times while we were home. Not only a bunch of theiving bastards, but bold theiving bastards,
#

I'd change that location information if I were you! Who else have you been bold enough to share that information with?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.