Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Perth or Brisbane????

Perth or Brisbane????

Old Jan 30th 2008, 3:18 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice
Default Re: Perth or Brisbane????

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I've been to Darwin and think it's a nice place. It's also booming and I can imagine the opportunities are good. Unfortunately, it's one of those places that will always have a Crocodile Dundee/frontier image. Also livng there during the 'wet' has got to be tough. I've been there in January and the heat/humidity is insane. As for Adelaide, I've never been there so cannot comment but despite what people say on here the fact is it's one of the slowest growing cities in Australia and plenty of people leave due to low salaries and limited opportunities, hence all the programs they have there to attract immigrants. Plenty of people move to Melbourne and Sydney.
Plenty do move all over OZ i guess, but the threads on here are always about Perth and Brisbane. I wonder if Adelaide will ever be the top spot?
Old Jan 30th 2008, 3:20 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Why is it always Perth or Brisbane? Why not Sydney or Melbourne...or Darwin or Adelaide...
And why does Canberra always get left out...
Old Jan 30th 2008, 3:26 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ransi
I was in Canberra a few weeks ago. I was only there for a day so will not pass judgement but it's one of the bizarrest looking cities I've ever been to. It's like someone has dumped a whole load of office blocks in the bush, there is little traffic and very few people walking around. Saying that, I saw some fantastic houses and the War Memorial is seriously world-class.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 3:43 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

I'm guessing it doesn't make the beach criteria I so often see on here.

Like.... where can I live that is within 20, 30, 60 minutes of the beach. Oddly enough no one asks the same question about places 2+ hours away
Old Jan 30th 2008, 6:06 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by comet555
I'm guessing it doesn't make the beach criteria I so often see on here.

Like.... where can I live that is within 20, 30, 60 minutes of the beach. Oddly enough no one asks the same question about places 2+ hours away
I have friends who live in a beach side suburb.... they've been here 9 years, never been to the beaches as they dont like sand, but still want to live here... I find it very strange.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 6:07 am
Cheeky member

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I was in Canberra a few weeks ago. I was only there for a day so will not pass judgement but it's one of the bizarrest looking cities I've ever been to. It's like someone has dumped a whole load of office blocks in the bush, there is little traffic and very few people walking around. Saying that, I saw some fantastic houses and the War Memorial is seriously world-class.
Thats a very safe answer from you ...Lol
Old Jan 30th 2008, 6:19 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Thats a very safe answer from you ...Lol
It is a bizarre place though.