Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

People of Cairns I need advice..

People of Cairns I need advice..

Old Jul 19th 2007, 9:36 pm
I need a beer.....

snappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: People of Cairns I need advice..

Originally Posted by Bix
Don't you get a holiday tomorrow for Cairns show like us ?

That bit about apprentices needing to be citizens sounds like ballshit to me too.
No our holiday is next Friday for the Tully show.

Are you going to the show? If so go to see the cattle parades and you will see a heap of my students parading our cattle from the school
Old Jul 19th 2007, 9:37 pm
I need a beer.....

snappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sophjam
Thanks so much it was crgt who wouldnt give me any info as we are not citizens. It is worrying me because he will have trouble making friends otherwise.
I was in a meeting with a lady from CRGT yesterday that I know very well so I'll speak to her about it as well.
Old Jul 19th 2007, 10:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Speargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really nice

Originally Posted by LauraC
I'm not sure if I still want to go to Sydney, may go the the Sunshine Coast at some point, I've not been there before.

I think we've all wanted to go back, but things got in the way, as they tend to do and we couldn't afford it to begin with.

None of us have jobs lined up for when we go so as concerning as it is, I'm not too worried. If it come to it I'll push trolleys in Woolies!

Thankfully I don't have a Barnsley accent! Aussie accent still hanging on there but not as pronounced. I think I have a neutral accent with an aussie twang!

I'd love to go scuba diving, I went snorkelling on the Barrier Reef last year, that was cool but the water felt colder than it was.

Are your family in Cairns or somewhere else in Aus?

So youre gunna be a trolley dolly eh!!!! Actually I dont know why im laughing...ill probably end up joining you there! Job side of things is the biggest worry been at my present one for 4 years now...so know exactly how to skive off..how to fiddle my targets etc etc !! We are having to go across with no jobs to go to!! At least you have an advantage being a citizen already!! Just discovered ive got to stay in Oz for 4 years now before being able to become a bonafide citizen!!
to be honest I carnt wait to be handing my notice in over here!! I think theyll all be really shocked! did you keep in touch with any of your friends or family over there?? gonna meet up with them at all?
youre a big woosey!! it was like jumping into a nice warm bath - guess its cos your a soft southerner!!! WE are built of tougher stuff up north!
Carnt imagine a worse combination of accents!! ha ha by eck love you be going up dog track! no idea what that meant! reminds me of that film Hot Fuzz!
Ive got a brother in Adelaide, one on the Gold Coast and a sister in Port Douglas...the brother in Adelaide is a bit of a get! so I havent spoken to him for the past 4 years!
It has been really expensive getting this far - luckily we bought a house at the right time here - which has helped with all the expense of visas..no just in the process of packing everything up!!
Is that flat your family place or do you work in property?? there are a lot of cheeky gets about!! specially now the market is starting to change!!
Old Jul 20th 2007, 7:26 am
BE Enthusiast

LauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really nice

Originally Posted by Speargun
So youre gunna be a trolley dolly eh!!!! Actually I dont know why im laughing...ill probably end up joining you there!
I haven't heard of it being called "trolley dolly".

Job side of things is the biggest worry been at my present one for 4 years now...so know exactly how to skive off..how to fiddle my targets etc etc !! We are having to go across with no jobs to go to!! At least you have an advantage being a citizen already!! Just discovered ive got to stay in Oz for 4 years now before being able to become a bonafide citizen!! to be honest I carnt wait to be handing my notice in over here!! I think theyll all be really shocked!
I've only just started a new job here and I'll be leaving it soon. So I'm not sure how that's going to go down!

did you keep in touch with any of your friends or family over there?? gonna meet up with them at all?
I've got cousins in Sydney and one of my friends still lives there. I've lost contact with everyone else I went to school with though. An uncle and aunt live in Cairns so they'll be some family there at least!

youre a big woosey!! it was like jumping into a nice warm bath - guess its cos your a soft southerner!!! WE are built of tougher stuff up north!
Yes, I am a wuss!

Carnt imagine a worse combination of accents!! ha ha by eck love you be going up dog track! no idea what that meant! reminds me of that film Hot Fuzz!
I was told by a fellow Aussie that I still have my accent! Mushed up Aussie will always sounde better than Barnsleeh!

Ive got a brother in Adelaide, one on the Gold Coast and a sister in Port Douglas...the brother in Adelaide is a bit of a get! so I havent spoken to him for the past 4 years!
It has been really expensive getting this far - luckily we bought a house at the right time here - which has helped with all the expense of visas..no just in the process of packing everything up!! Is that flat your family place or do you work in property?? there are a lot of cheeky gets about!! specially now the market is starting to change!!
It's a flat that was bought as a buy-to-let, it's nearly sold. The tw*t who was arsing about just has to sign the paperwork now. The house is also for sale and people are putting offers on it, it's stuck at the top of a chain now though.

Is that baby in your avatar your's? So cute!
Old Jul 20th 2007, 7:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Speargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really nice

Originally Posted by LauraC
I haven't heard of it being called "trolley dolly".

I've only just started a new job here and I'll be leaving it soon. So I'm not sure how that's going to go down!

I've got cousins in Sydney and one of my friends still lives there. I've lost contact with everyone else I went to school with though. An uncle and aunt live in Cairns so they'll be some family there at least!

Yes, I am a wuss!

I was told by a fellow Aussie that I still have my accent! Mushed up Aussie will always sounde better than Barnsleeh!

It's a flat that was bought as a buy-to-let, it's nearly sold. The tw*t who was arsing about just has to sign the paperwork now. The house is also for sale and people are putting offers on it, it's stuck at the top of a chain now though.

Is that baby in your avatar your's? So cute!
P M U