Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Pasty bond / visa application done

Pasty bond / visa application done

Old Sep 27th 2004, 10:49 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Pasty bond / visa application done

Let's recap for those who weren't paying attention shall we ?

I hit the magical 4000 postings mark on BE which now allows us to apply for a visa (and get a special piccie from Polly...hint, hint).

I failed to get the 5 little blue Karma boxes but thanks to all who tried to help on that.

This failure means we now have to go the bond route so Bix Da Boss was busy yesterday preparing the 100K pasties.

We used Tranzfers as suggested by Polly as they only charge a flat rate of 7 pasties irrespective of how many you are sending. Cheaper than a bakers dozen eh ?

We told them delivery to the kind DIMIA people must not be done by PSS as they may be cold before they get them which was another tip from Polly.(caw, she's damned useful aint she).

So we are hoping there are a lot of happy DIMIA folk out there saying "gar, these pasties are ansome you, quick, let's approve their visa toot sweet".

I shall of course keep you advised of progress.
Do wish me luck.

Bix
Old Sep 27th 2004, 10:52 pm
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Pasty bond / visa application done

Can you imagine what any newcomers to this site are thinking

Old Sep 27th 2004, 10:54 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Blimey....at last Bix....thought you were never gonna do it

Wonder if they'll send you the visa back in a pasty

Old Sep 27th 2004, 10:56 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
I know what you mean ABC........but she just made over 100k pasties so I can't ask her for more yet
Old Sep 27th 2004, 11:52 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Well congratulations Bix...and with all them pasties around, theres really only one pic I could post - Cornwalls new flood defence system.....
Attached Thumbnails Pasty bond / visa application done-pasty.jpg  
Old Sep 27th 2004, 11:55 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Followed by a fellow member of the cat family celebrating your 4000th post

Last edited by Pollyana; Jan 6th 2007 at 9:50 am.
Old Sep 28th 2004, 12:33 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Bix, you been on the vino again

Walla
Old Sep 28th 2004, 12:38 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by walla1
Bix, you been on the vino again

Walla
I did hear a rumour that the cat in the picture was imitating Bix at the time the photo was taken.....
Old Sep 28th 2004, 7:35 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I did hear a rumour that the cat in the picture was imitating Bix at the time the photo was taken.....
LOL! Nice one Pollyana!

Well done Bixie. About time. Hope you are being extra specially nice to Da Boss after the pasty making effort.
Old Sep 28th 2004, 9:22 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Bix
Let's recap for those who weren't paying attention shall we ?

I hit the magical 4000 postings mark on BE which now allows us to apply for a visa (and get a special piccie from Polly...hint, hint).

I failed to get the 5 little blue Karma boxes but thanks to all who tried to help on that.

This failure means we now have to go the bond route so Bix Da Boss was busy yesterday preparing the 100K pasties.

We used Tranzfers as suggested by Polly as they only charge a flat rate of 7 pasties irrespective of how many you are sending. Cheaper than a bakers dozen eh ?

We told them delivery to the kind DIMIA people must not be done by PSS as they may be cold before they get them which was another tip from Polly.(caw, she's damned useful aint she).

So we are hoping there are a lot of happy DIMIA folk out there saying "gar, these pasties are ansome you, quick, let's approve their visa toot sweet".

I shall of course keep you advised of progress.
Do wish me luck.

Bix
Great news
u gonna open a past shop when u get there?
Old Sep 28th 2004, 11:43 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Thanks ppl.

Polly - love the piccies Polly.

Bundy - of course. She aint called Da Boss for no reason

Debsy - pasty shop ? Not a bad idea as there will be a few cornish people where I'm going.
Old Sep 28th 2004, 1:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

Bix

Kinda thought you spent too much time in the Lounge to get a visa application together but I suppose that's were teamwork with da Boss comes in

Congratulations on the pasty making - 100k is a lot of dough !
Old Sep 28th 2004, 1:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sjn2003
Bix

Congratulations on the pasty making - 100k is a lot of dough !

LOL Blinkin right sjn!