Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Only a week to go - need karma:D

Only a week to go - need karma:D

Old Sep 28th 2004, 9:32 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all
Default Only a week to go - need karma:D

Well folks, I am running round like a headless chicken now. Trying to finish everything off and stuff it into boxes. We are sending some stuff by air freight the rest we are leaving behind.

I said goodbye to my family in the UK a week ago on Sunday, and to be honest I am glad now that I did not leave from the UK as it was really heart renching - two blokes standing in the passport control queue next to me even started sobbing

The it was back to reality trying to do the last bits of packing which seems to be never ending especially all of those bits and bobs.

The weather is very hot as well here at the moment.

The staff in the hotel have organised a last farewell party for us on Sunday, it was supposed to be a surprise but someone let the cat out of the bag.

This time next week I will be on my way to the Gold Coast.

All karma greatfully appreciated

Debs
Old Sep 28th 2004, 9:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Tass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to behold
Talking Re: Only a week to go - need karma:D

Originally Posted by debsy
Well folks, I am running round like a headless chicken now. Trying to finish everything off and stuff it into boxes. We are sending some stuff by air freight the rest we are leaving behind.

I said goodbye to my family in the UK a week ago on Sunday, and to be honest I am glad now that I did not leave from the UK as it was really heart renching - two blokes standing in the passport control queue next to me even started sobbing

The it was back to reality trying to do the last bits of packing which seems to be never ending especially all of those bits and bobs.

The staff in the hotel have organised a last farewell party for us on Sunday, it was supposed to be a surprise but someone let the cat out of the bag.

Debs

Hi Debs !
Has the reality hit in yet ? We got visa on Satuarday , booked flights yesterday , removal company coming on Monday , fly out to Sydney in 34 days !

It all feels quite surreal !

I wish you all the best in your new adventure , enjoy the suprise party and make sure you have plenty of hankies for the rest of the "goodbyes" you still have to do .

Have sent you karma to help make you feel better ,

Tass. x

Right , better get back to the packing !
Old Sep 28th 2004, 9:52 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Only a week to go - need karma:D

all the best D .Hope it is all you expected and more
Old Sep 28th 2004, 10:03 am
BE Enthusiast

YFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant future

Am also feeling like a headless chicken so can sympathise. Good luck and Karma on its way.
Yvonne

Last edited by YFitz; Sep 28th 2004 at 10:25 am. Reason: bad punctuation!
Old Sep 28th 2004, 10:04 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Incoming Debsy.

Hope it all goes well.

Best wishes

G

Edit for spelling

Last edited by Grayling; Sep 28th 2004 at 10:08 am.
Old Sep 28th 2004, 10:06 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Karma sent - good luck !!!!!
Old Sep 28th 2004, 10:33 am
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

Mate you'll be fine, the hardest part is nearly over!
looking forward to meeting up with you in the future
hugs & karma
Rach xxx
Old Sep 28th 2004, 10:36 am
Anxiously awaiting March

vicky o will become famous soon enoughvicky o will become famous soon enough

Tried to give you karma, matey, but it won't let me.
I know how you feel, we've got less than a week until the shippers come!!!! :scared:
Old Sep 28th 2004, 10:51 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Good luck Debsy....not that you'll need it. You're all going to be fine and you'll love it here!!

Anyone who sees a glittery loo seat missing in an airport or airplane.....keep schtum

Old Sep 28th 2004, 10:55 am
Go Banana's !!

Debs
Hi Debs,

tried to send you some Karma but not allowed to give you anymore !!

Keep smiling and good look with the last bit. We'll be thinking of you.

Best wishes

Warren

Old Sep 28th 2004, 10:56 am
Cheeky

Hi Debs,

Sent ya some karma, best o luck with everything!!

Cheeky

Old Sep 28th 2004, 11:00 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

hiya debs,
sent you some karma to get you through the next week!!

sue
Old Sep 28th 2004, 11:47 am
BE Enthusiast

swissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to all

Hi Debsy,

I was just thinking about how u were doing and that u would be going soon.
So were are you going to stay when you arrive? Has your husband found a job yet?

Hopefully i will be on the GC in 6 to 8 months. If you have any questions, I would be glad to help! You know how much I love the area!!!

Good luck!!! Lucky you!

fabie
Old Sep 28th 2004, 11:56 am
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

Another one of the long-time posters finally making the move - not many of us left

Good luck with your bits and bobs and have a great trip over. Karma on its way !
Old Sep 28th 2004, 12:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

Debs
Good luck Debs. Hopefully, we won't be too far behind you. we're going through final stages of house sale at the moment, and should be arriving on the coast beginning November.

Hope it all works out for you.

Regards

Gina

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.