British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Pasty bond / visa application done (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/pasty-bond-visa-application-done-257010/)

Bix Sep 27th 2004 10:49 pm

Pasty bond / visa application done

Let's recap for those who weren't paying attention shall we ? :rolleyes:

I hit the magical 4000 postings mark on BE which now allows us to apply for a visa (and get a special piccie from Polly...hint, hint).

I failed to get the 5 little blue Karma boxes but thanks to all who tried to help on that.

This failure means we now have to go the bond route so Bix Da Boss was busy yesterday preparing the 100K pasties.

We used Tranzfers as suggested by Polly as they only charge a flat rate of 7 pasties irrespective of how many you are sending. Cheaper than a bakers dozen eh ?

We told them delivery to the kind DIMIA people must not be done by PSS as they may be cold before they get them which was another tip from Polly.(caw, she's damned useful aint she).

So we are hoping there are a lot of happy DIMIA folk out there saying "gar, these pasties are ansome you, quick, let's approve their visa toot sweet".

I shall of course keep you advised of progress.
Do wish me luck.

Bix :D

ABCDiamond Sep 27th 2004 10:52 pm

Re: Pasty bond / visa application done

Can you imagine what any newcomers to this site are thinking :D

Phoenixuk2oz Sep 27th 2004 10:54 pm

Blimey....at last Bix....thought you were never gonna do it ;)

Wonder if they'll send you the visa back in a pasty :D

Bix Sep 27th 2004 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond

I know what you mean ABC........but she just made over 100k pasties so I can't ask her for more yet :rolleyes: :D

Pollyana Sep 27th 2004 11:52 pm

1 Attachment(s)
Well congratulations Bix...and with all them pasties around, theres really only one pic I could post - Cornwalls new flood defence system..... :D

Pollyana Sep 27th 2004 11:55 pm

Followed by a fellow member of the cat family celebrating your 4000th post :D :D

walla Sep 28th 2004 12:33 am

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond

Bix, you been on the vino again :D

Walla

Pollyana Sep 28th 2004 12:38 am

Originally Posted by walla1
Bix, you been on the vino again :D

Walla

I did hear a rumour that the cat in the picture was imitating Bix at the time the photo was taken..... :D

bundy Sep 28th 2004 7:35 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I did hear a rumour that the cat in the picture was imitating Bix at the time the photo was taken..... :D

LOL! Nice one Pollyana!

Well done Bixie. About time. Hope you are being extra specially nice to Da Boss after the pasty making effort.

debsy Sep 28th 2004 9:22 am

Originally Posted by Bix
Let's recap for those who weren't paying attention shall we ? :rolleyes:

I hit the magical 4000 postings mark on BE which now allows us to apply for a visa (and get a special piccie from Polly...hint, hint).

I failed to get the 5 little blue Karma boxes but thanks to all who tried to help on that.

This failure means we now have to go the bond route so Bix Da Boss was busy yesterday preparing the 100K pasties.

We used Tranzfers as suggested by Polly as they only charge a flat rate of 7 pasties irrespective of how many you are sending. Cheaper than a bakers dozen eh ?

We told them delivery to the kind DIMIA people must not be done by PSS as they may be cold before they get them which was another tip from Polly.(caw, she's damned useful aint she).

So we are hoping there are a lot of happy DIMIA folk out there saying "gar, these pasties are ansome you, quick, let's approve their visa toot sweet".

I shall of course keep you advised of progress.
Do wish me luck.

Bix :D

Great news
u gonna open a past shop when u get there?

Bix Sep 28th 2004 11:43 am

Thanks ppl.

Polly - love the piccies Polly. :)

Bundy - of course. She aint called Da Boss for no reason :eek:

Debsy - pasty shop ? Not a bad idea as there will be a few cornish people where I'm going. ;)

sjn2003 Sep 28th 2004 1:18 pm

Bix

Kinda thought you spent too much time in the Lounge to get a visa application together but I suppose that's were teamwork with da Boss comes in ;)

Congratulations on the pasty making - 100k is a lot of dough ! :D

Bix da Boss Sep 28th 2004 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by sjn2003
Bix

Congratulations on the pasty making - 100k is a lot of dough ! :D

LOL :D :D Blinkin right sjn!