Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Passports Lost/Stolen By Post Office!

Passports Lost/Stolen By Post Office!

Old Apr 30th 2004, 1:19 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Thank God for that!

After several posts here we did check our own visas VERY carefully to make sure they actually applied to us. Makes you wonder just who gets to put in the data,,,
Old Apr 30th 2004, 1:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

Poor old Royal Mail must just be punch drunk - just take the rap its probably our fault etc etc.

Not saying much about the Australia House lot - sounds as if they just have piles of passports lying round the place and have no system of knowing where they are ! Very worrying.

Good to hear you are finally getting sorted anyway Steve. Are you relying on Royal Mail to deliver the passports this time ????
Old Apr 30th 2004, 1:32 pm
Keeping Busy

arnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond repute

Phewwwww Steve!! Another unexpected hurdle cleared!

If you haven't started on the wine yet - enjoy a couple of bottles tonight!

Do you think that you'll catch up on your lost sleep soon????

Graham & Nikki
Old Apr 30th 2004, 1:32 pm
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by sjn2003
Are you relying on Royal Mail to deliver the passports this time ????
I'm actually thinking of putting by bicycle clips on and getting them myself!
Old Apr 30th 2004, 1:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by SteveBannister
I think thats what I would be doing in your situation !
Old Apr 30th 2004, 4:05 pm
Monaco here we!!! oh no

ADELAIDE BOUND is an unknown quantity at this point

Bloody good job that I did decide to wait until Monday as we got a phone call from our agents a couple of hours ago to say that our passports have been found and are still at Australia House!!

There you go mate really pleased for you.

Old Apr 30th 2004, 5:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passports Lost/Stolen By Post Office!

When I first started reading this post I was hoping for a 'happy ending' as really worrying on top of everything else something like that going wrong! You must be relieved Steve!

You just cannot rely on hardly anyone anymore, seems to be a fact of life now. Most people are overworked and underpaid as company's are always cutting back!

Anyway, glad its sorted out - hope they arrive safely now
Old Apr 30th 2004, 5:49 pm
Go Banana's !!

So, it wasn't the Royal Mail's fault. But I do wonder why they said that they definitely had the parcel and how they willing to accept liability, when it hadn't even been posted!

Probably because they knew about the programme

Pleased it's sorted for you

Jill and Warren

Old Apr 30th 2004, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

Terry is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Steve,

Glad the missing passports have turned up.
When do you plan to leave?

Terry
Old Apr 30th 2004, 7:20 pm
Now in Mandurah

Pauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the rough

I don`t blame you, i would too!!!
Glad it all worked out in the end, nothing is ever simple.
All the best
Pauline and John
Old Apr 30th 2004, 7:37 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by sjn2003
Not saying much about the Australia House lot - sounds as if they just have piles of passports lying round the place and have no system of knowing where they are ! Very worrying.
Not sure how true that is... the NZ lot had to lock passports away in the safe every afternoon at end of work, (so my visa girl told me), I guess the Aus lot do the same.
Old Apr 30th 2004, 8:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

So, AHC said that they posted our passports with visa's on the 13th of April and the post office have told us that the passports are definitely in their system and that they will start looking for them before the 15 working days because I kicked up such a fuss.

Our case officer has also been on the case and told AHC to find where they could have gone.

Our local sorting office have told us that there is no undelivered post for our address.

The postman knocked this morning to say that he'd been given a *ollocking at work and asked what it was all about, even though we have never complained about the postman.

All four of us went and got new photographs done again and I sat up late last night filling out new passport forms as well as the lost and stolen forms you have to fill out as well.

Recieved a letter this morning from the post office asking for the proof of delivery to start the ball rolling for compensation.

Phoned the passport office to ask how long replacement passports take to come. He asked if I wanted to cancel the passports, and I said I'll wait until Monday. Just in case! (Ever hopeful!)

Bloody good job that I did decide to wait until Monday as we got a phone call from our agents a couple of hours ago to say that our passports have been found and are still at Australia House!!

Apparently there had been a mix up with the visas for the kids. The birth certificates say Luke and Lia Bannister. Their passports say Luke and Lia Bannister. The application forms say Luke and Lia Bannister. The pre-grant letter says Luke and Lia Bannister. But some bright spark decideds to type the visas out in Luke and Lia Scott.

Luckily, somebody noticed at the last moment and stopped them from being posted. So, now we've been told that they are being corrected and we should have them next week.

Last night's Dispatches on Channel Four about the Royal Mail did not help at all!

So, it wasn't the Royal Mail's fault. But I do wonder why they said that they definitely had the parcel and how they willing to accept liability, when it hadn't even been posted!
Phew! What a relief
Old Apr 30th 2004, 8:35 pm
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by Terry
Hi Steve,

Glad the missing passports have turned up.
When do you plan to leave?

Terry

As soon as the house sells! You won't see me for dust!
Old Apr 30th 2004, 8:36 pm
I Know What's Going On!

Originally posted by debsy
Phew! What a relief
What did I tell you last night, Deb? "As soon as I fill out new passport forms, they'll turn up"! Well, sure enough, last night I filled out new passport forms. And today.....
Old Apr 30th 2004, 8:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

What did I tell you last night, Deb? "As soon as I fill out new passport forms, they'll turn up"! Well, sure enough, last night I filled out new passport forms. And today.....
Sods law Steve.

Have a lovely weekend.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.