Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Passports Lost/Stolen By Post Office!

Passports Lost/Stolen By Post Office!

Old May 4th 2004, 3:40 am
BE Enthusiast

BandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passports Lost/Stolen By Post Office!

Originally posted by SteveBannister
Ours (4 passports) have gone missing as well! Are agents have been in touch with AHC and they have told them that our passports, with visas, were sent out on April 13th. They've been tracked to 'a sorting office somewhere'. Post office do not class them as lost until 15 working days after they were posted, even though they were sent recorded delivery.

In an age of fake ID's, stolen passports, illegal immigrants and terrorism, nobody does anything for 15 working days. How's that for being tight on security!

You can't claim compensation for 15 working days, so if you take the initiative and cancel your passports as soon as you have doubts, you can't claim. They tell you that you should have waited.

if you do wait 15 working days, who knowshow many fake ID's are floating about in your name!

So, come Thursday we can then cancel our passports apply for new ones, wait for them, apply for our visas again, wait for them and say hello to 37 new immigrants in the country, all called Steve Bannister.

Who's proud to be British? Not me!

This might be a really stupid question but how did you know that the passports were missing. I sent ours to AHC last week but have not heard a thing since. Do they email you to let you know they are on there way back ????

Sharon

Last edited by Pasquill; May 4th 2004 at 4:27 am.
Old May 4th 2004, 3:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

What did I tell you last night, Deb? "As soon as I fill out new passport forms, they'll turn up"! Well, sure enough, last night I filled out new passport forms. And today.....
Glad to hear its all worked out Steve
Old May 4th 2004, 4:15 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Steve - have you actually got them now?
Old May 4th 2004, 8:22 am
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by debsy
Steve - have you actually got them now?

No, not yet!
Old May 4th 2004, 8:24 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

No, not yet!
:scared:
Old May 4th 2004, 8:24 am
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by Pasquill
This might be a really stupid question but how did you know that the passports were missing. I sent ours to AHC last week but have not heard a thing since. Do they email you to let you know they are on there way back ????

Sharon
They were taking far too long. People were quoting 2-3 days, Boomie (mother of 40 kids) sent hers in after us and got them back within a few days.

Steve.
Old May 4th 2004, 8:58 am
BE Enthusiast

jasper pentop is an unknown quantity at this point

They were taking far too long. People were quoting 2-3 days, Boomie (mother of 40 kids) sent hers in after us and got them back within a few days.

Steve.

They SHOULD e-mail you to let you know passports are on the way - only take a second and in this day and age almost everyone has e-mail. Would save a lot of stress!
Old May 4th 2004, 9:36 am

maxpaxx is an unknown quantity at this point

I didn't see this post before - what a cock up and poor you!

Hope they arrive back soon - I would have had kittens by now!

Max x
Old Jun 7th 2004, 12:25 am
I Know What's Going On!

Well, good news!!

After a weeks holiday last week, we came back to find a pile of post. Amongst it all was a card from the postman to say that he'd tried to deliver a parcel. So, Off I went to the sorting office this morning and we are now the proud owners of 4 visas in our passports!! 2 months and a day from AHC in London receiving our passports. The girl at AHC had been very helpful and I phoned her this morning to thank her.

Now, we'll take the large plane, please, with a seat near the window!!!

Steve.
Old Jun 7th 2004, 1:02 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, good news!!

After a weeks holiday last week, we came back to find a pile of post. Amongst it all was a card from the postman to say that he'd tried to deliver a parcel. So, Off I went to the sorting office this morning and we are now the proud owners of 4 visas in our passports!! 2 months and a day from AHC in London receiving our passports. The girl at AHC had been very helpful and I phoned her this morning to thank her.

Steve.

Brilliant news. You don't believe it until it's in front of you. Enjoy the flight
Old Jun 7th 2004, 1:14 am
Keeping Busy

arnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond repute

we are now the proud owners of 4 visas in our passports!!

Steve.

ABOUT TIME!!!!

BRILLIANT!

Well Done Steve & Eve & family - how relieved and ecstatic you must be.

Best wishes in your sunny future
Old Jun 7th 2004, 2:46 am
Forum Regular

KayCee is an unknown quantity at this point

Really pleased for you. Will you be celebrating tonight??
Old Jun 7th 2004, 5:52 am

nikkers will become famous soon enoughnikkers will become famous soon enough

Steve thank goodness for that

How's the house sale?

Any news????

Nikki x
Old Jun 7th 2004, 6:07 am
Go Banana's !!

Well, good news!!

Steve.

Great news, wondered where you'd got to. What a lovely welcome home present.

Well done and good luck
Jill

Old Jun 7th 2004, 6:29 am
mickj

It's going to take more than an EX- ENGLISH FA boss ( Adam Crozier ) to sort out the problems at royal mail, what were they thinking when they changed the name, and then changed it back again to royal mail? A lot seems to have been happening since then, stolen passports, credit cards disappearing, undelivered parcels, half opened letters.

I hope things work out for you guys, the last thing you need after all that wait for the visa, is to have your passport stolen

Ours (4 passports) have gone missing as well! Are agents have been in touch with AHC and they have told them that our passports, with visas, were sent out on April 13th. They've been tracked to 'a sorting office somewhere'. Post office do not class them as lost until 15 working days after they were posted, even though they were sent recorded delivery.

In an age of fake ID's, stolen passports, illegal immigrants and terrorism, nobody does anything for 15 working days. How's that for being tight on security!

You can't claim compensation for 15 working days, so if you take the initiative and cancel your passports as soon as you have doubts, you can't claim. They tell you that you should have waited.

if you do wait 15 working days, who knowshow many fake ID's are floating about in your name!

So, come Thursday we can then cancel our passports apply for new ones, wait for them, apply for our visas again, wait for them and say hello to 37 new immigrants in the country, all called Steve Bannister.

Who's proud to be British? Not me!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.